Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 108560 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 12:48:41 »

No. Domestic level fighter who was only there to kill time. In other words, it was a glorified sparring sesh

Aka, a bodybag

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 23:15:52 »

Joshua ''fought'' 6 rounds like he was stoned. 7 rounds to KO a replacement card is poor showing. DAZN trying their best to make it seem like it had some significant worth...on the flip, it's been a while since Joshua actually KO'd anyone and it was a hefty KO with Helenius pulling away. Should have done it in may a max of four rounds though.

Old Munchkin face Essex boi can fuck off as well with his ''Anthony is a more complete fighter now, that's why it took him seven rawnds to KO''. Go and count your money Mr Hearn 

'Incessant Nonsense'

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 11:32:59 »

Really poor showing from Joshua. And as usual his ring speech was utterly cringeworthy. Somebody from his team needs to step in next time he tries to say something he thinks is either funny or profound.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:02:53 »

Really poor showing from Joshua. And as usual his ring speech was utterly cringeworthy. Somebody from his team needs to step in next time he tries to say something he thinks is either funny or profound.

A really strange performance from Joshua and based on that performance he's got very little chance of beating Wilder and even less against Fury.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:41:05 »

A really strange performance from Joshua and based on that performance he's got very little chance of beating Wilder and even less against Fury.

He might be able to outbox Wilder for a few rounds, then will get knocked out by the first big right hand. Fury, I think, embarrasses him from start to finish and eventually knocks him out through an accumulation of punches
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:45:00 »

He might be able to outbox Wilder for a few rounds, then will get knocked out by the first big right hand. Fury, I think, embarrasses him from start to finish and eventually knocks him out through an accumulation of punches

Against Wilder Joshua would need to get close and let his hands go. Fury would be too quick and elusive for him and would make him tire after 5/6 rounds then pick him off.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:55:07 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:52:46 »

Anyone beats Wilder if they get into him early. The same can be said for one [very good] punch Wilder himself. The trouble is, it took Joshua 6 rounds to even get in close to Hellboy. He wouldn't be afforded that luxury v Wilder or Fury, probably gets away with it v Whyte just about.

The trouble is though, it's only really Joshua in this division who is fighting anyone [whether or not he is forced by his marketing team and Hearn] at the moment. The others keep bloody ducking. Wilder, he's got the punch and it's a hell of a punch but technically about as adept as Scott Lindsay or John Sheridan. Anyone could fight Wilder and keep their distance, dance around him like Eubank [Snr] used to and just score some points. Basically with Wilder you'll either get knocked out by his one trick pony or you'll win on points. Ironic nemesis for Wilder though really, has a killer punch but that's about it

People seem to forget Joshua actually took some solid hits against Vlad Klitschko including a knock down he got back up from and also poss from Whyte too

Fury, he's also been ducking and when he won't sign a contract or talk [business not posturing] then it's pretty difficult to get a fight sorted. Some will say he doesn't really have to.

Usyk would probably fight AJ again but that's not going to happen. They had their bouts and so he'd probably have to fight Wilder...but AJ is marked for that. Fury won't fight anyone so Usyk wouldn't get another go so that leaves Whyte but he likes his drugs too much so they'll never fight - plus what would really be the point as there would be nothng to fight for other than opening up a poss yet another fight with AJ or Wilder. Not going to happen.

The division is stagnating and it's kind of in a bit of disrepute atm. Whyte with getting continually caught, Fury not wanting to fight anyone, Joshua who seems to have mentally lost his genuine mojo and charisma [he either looks totally fucking drained after three rounds or has this faux charisma - it's different from what it was before.] and I think he's suffering mental burnout and he probably can't wait to get out of the whole environment. which is why he's keen to fight. Sometimes it's like he's saying to any boxer in the ring [regardless of ability], come on please just knock me out and end this shit for me. I think that's what happened with and where it started with Ruiz I, since then he's not been the same. Which only makes the sport weaker.

The only one in the division who kind of can stand proud is Usyk, but he's in a weird void of not really having anyone of particular note that he can fight with.

Boxing ey, stick 'em in a ring that's Pint a square, punchy punchy, wallopy knockout. Marvellous

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 18:10:02 »

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 22:36:28 »

Smith v Eubank II

comprehensive from Eubank, totally destroyed Smith this time
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 22:38:44 »

Masterclass performance very one sided Clap

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 06:03:00 »

Masterclass performance very one sided Clap

Didn’t see that coming. Smith very poor
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:14:40 »

Anyone else think Ngannou was robbed🤔

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:56:48 »

100% robbed

But it's crossover. It's a revenue generator not a sport. You can't go upsetting the proper boxing order, the Usky fight needs to happen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 14:01:29 »

100% robbed

But it's crossover. It's a revenue generator not a sport. You can't go upsetting the proper boxing order, the Usky fight needs to happen.

Exactly that. If the Usyk fight is happening on the 23rd December Fury could never lose any judge decision with the amount of money involved!

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 14:02:52 »

Exactly that. If the Usyk fight is happening on the 23rd December Fury could never lose any judge decision with the amount of money involved!

Absolutely no chance that fight happens in December after last night.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: