Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 108243 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, March 31, 2023, 13:05:32 »

Weigh ins's plus decent undercard.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, March 31, 2023, 13:42:51 »

Bivol is so underrated, one slightly offish night against Craig Richards and everyone thought he was average

Prime Pirog v GGG woulda been something else also I reckon. As for the Charlos, I just hope they start boxing more and get active. Billy Jo Saunders fight at 168 would sell tbf.

Pirog was a very special fighter. Pretty sure he and GGG were booked but Pirog did his back.

Bivol proved his class (never doubted by me) against Canelo. His movement and combos were brilliant. He doesn’t possess pure ko power but he can add those punches up.

The Charlos are wasting their careers. A bit like Andrade, another very good fighter but inactive with a poor resume. BJS GGG would sell but I think it would be a classic GGG beat down, despite his age
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 23:56:39 »

Rubbish from AJ. It’s increasingly obvious he’s always been overrated, and become a bit of a dickhead to boot. Fury to retire him
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 08:09:03 »

Wasn’t a great watch, expected a little more. Thought he was quite guarded tbh, Shame as no way Franklin has the power to make him think twice.

Dross undercard also, Wardley stoppage was premature. Think Adeleye beats him but Fraser Clarke beats both with ease.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 09:05:08 »

Usyk has already made Joshua irrelevant
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 10:48:46 »

Wasn’t a great watch, expected a little more. Thought he was quite guarded tbh, Shame as no way Franklin has the power to make him think twice.

Dross undercard also, Wardley stoppage was premature. Think Adeleye beats him but Fraser Clarke beats both with ease.

He’s been guarded since Ruiz knocked his block off. If you think about AJs past fights, he’s never been fun to watch, has he? Klitschko was a cracker, but he was very much at the end of his career and AJ still came close to being knocked out on several occasions. I can think of so many stinkers. Takem was dross (I was there). Parker was dross. Both Ruiz fights were dross. Franklin was dross. Povetkin was dross until the KO. He was embarrassed by the considerably smaller Usyk, twice. He’s probably the most overrated Boxer we’ve ever produced.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:08:57 »

He’s probably the most overrated Boxer we’ve ever produced.

Ordinary Harrison springs to mind as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:11:20 »

He’s been guarded since Ruiz knocked his block off. If you think about AJs past fights, he’s never been fun to watch, has he? Klitschko was a cracker, but he was very much at the end of his career and AJ still came close to being knocked out on several occasions. I can think of so many stinkers. Takem was dross (I was there). Parker was dross. Both Ruiz fights were dross. Franklin was dross. Povetkin was dross until the KO. He was embarrassed by the considerably smaller Usyk, twice. He’s probably the most overrated Boxer we’ve ever produced.

I don't think he's been the same man since the Wlad fight tbh, he's lost that fearless approach (albeit it being against poorer opposition) got it back very slowly but like you said lost it again after the Ruiz double. It Was the Pulev fight, no way that should of gone as long as it did, he had him gone in round 4 or 5 I think..

Disagree to an extent with the stinkers thing, Furys clear by long old way but I've lost count at the amount of stinkers that man has had from the early days in all. As for Usyk, first fight he was poor, thought second fight he was much better and enjoyed the fight- still wasn't enough though. Worth noting Usyk is a special fucking talent in all.

He and Hearn brought British boxing back to the casuals, PPVs, selling out stadiums for fun etc etc, boxing was rancid before that - nobody gave a fuck, it was a fun ride but I think that's done now. AJ surely now just fights Whyte, who Is far past his 'best', then cashes out against Fury - not a chance in hell he gets close to beating Fury.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:34:57 »

Sadly AJ's  time at the top has come to an end and probably no better or worse than Dillian White. It's also noticeable that his personality has changed and we're starting to see a nasty side to him which we've never seen before and isn't doing him any favours.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:58:32 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:50:17 »

AJ's boxing ability looks limited, but he's up there with power.

I'd like to see him fight Wilder, but there's not much point at the moment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 12:04:12 »

Agree that he's still got power but there's definitely something holding him back from releasing it compared to his earlier fights. I don't think he gets anywhere near Fury, Joe Joyce just too strong for him, Wilder would be a great contrast of styles but probably won't ever happen and a hard fight to call. The most likely fight would be White which would be an even match up based on current form.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:51:45 »

Has he got the power though, and did he ever? You’d expect any hard hitting heavyweight to have more than two or three highlight reel knockouts. He has Wlad and Whyte by my reckoning, both when they were as good as out on their feet when they hit the deck. I don’t think his power has ever been anything to write home about. You could say the same about Fury of course, but he never had the mystique that comes with somebody who supposedly has huge power. He’s always been much more of a pure boxer. The whole AJ being a powerhouse is nonsense in my opinion.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:33:21 »

AJ is hugely overrated, but then he's been a marketing dream. He's got the looks, the stature, the rags to riches storyline and Eddie Hearn has taken full advantage of it. AJ has earned a hell of a lot of money compared to other boxers of a similar level but he's been found seriously wanting against the best in the game. He looks terrified to finish someone off ever since the Klitschko fight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:38:36 »

AJ is hugely overrated...He looks terrified to finish someone off ever since the Klitschko fight.

I mean, I don't disagree with that.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:44:29 »

I really don’t agree he’s over rated, he’s beaten everyone he’s been in a ring with except the pound for pound number 1.

Klitscho, Whyte, Ruiz, Franklin, Parker, Pulev, Povetkin.
They’re not mugs are they?

I agree, he’s not looked as good as he once was, but the only person he hasn’t beat is the best boxer in the world.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: