Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpes new ground - possibly  (Read 16548 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 17:40:32 »

With the same ground, you'd probably see us peak at around 10k average gate, that's fair.  However, a new ground mixed with a new league could well push that higher but more importantly would allow the ground works for improving as a team.  That's where the success stories come from with new/developed grounds.  They don't guarantee anything, but without them, nothing much changes.

I'd reckon a redeveloped ground would need between 15k and 18k with the ability to expand.  Not least because it's the sq footage underneath that is needed for the non matchday revenue.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 18:23:34 »

A new ground has to have the following;

A hotel/Conferencing centre
Cinema + Frankie & Bennies + Halfords + PC Word
Stuff that can be used when we're not playing at home
Proper toilets, loads of things that get people to come early to games
A capacity 18-22,000 that could enable us to host other sports events, Eng U21's, Womens team, Egg chasing, Jehovah Witness gatherings etc
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 18:30:09 »

Doubtless there'd be a bit of bounce, due to novelty...but we've played most of these relatively recently....Leeds game got 14508, for a midweek, Norwich 11972, when they like us were going well.  A bit back Forest 8,108, Cardiff 7,500.

If we did go up for  next season, I reckon average gate would be around 9,000.

If you were a betting man, Reg, I'd accept the bet.

Think you're well wide of the mark.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 18:33:44 »

If you were a betting man, Reg, I'd accept the bet.

Think you're well wide of the mark.

Hopefully we'll get to find out...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 18:41:04 »

Hopefully.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 20:49:04 »

People, in the main, don't go to watch the opposition - glam FA Cup ties notwithstanding.

If any increase in attendances comes about just because there are more away fans defeats the object.

The club will only progress on the back of an increase in Swindon fans  attending.

People around here are pretty much apathetic about most things - not just football

There's almost nothing in that post that I wouldn't dispute. Better class opposition always attracts more fans. Any casual perusal of attendance figures at any point in our history will tell you that. Our worst attendances are invariably against poor, unattractive sides. What did we get against Oldham in our season in the PL? 11,000 or so.

And you're mental to be dismissive of a growth in attendances based on higher numbers of away fan. It could easily put 750 - 1000 on the gate each game in the Championship. And they all pay their money. More per punter than home fans do. How the fuck is that a bad thing?

..never go back.
kerry red

« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 23, 2015, 20:57:07 »

It's not a bad thing.

But, surely, the aim is to increase the home fans - not just relying on the increase in attendances laying with more away fans.

It shouldn't be too much to expect 10,000 home fans for Championship football
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: