Pages: 1 ... 837 838 839 [840] 841 842 843 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007548 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12585 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 19:18:21 »

Rishi is a safe pair of hands. Cunt was chancellor. Rewriting history yet again
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12586 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:13:00 »

Mini budget put back until November 17th.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #12587 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:21:47 »

Mini budget put back until November 17th.

Good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12588 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:23:32 »

Good

Hopefully it will give the government more time to access things thoroughly and to make the right decisions for the country.

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12589 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 12:19:40 »

Matt Hancock chancing his arm in ‘Im a celebrity, get me out of here’
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12590 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 12:24:20 »

Well, every other celeb will be breathing a sigh of relief as it's quite clear who will be doing every bushtucker challenge from now until kingdom come.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12591 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 12:49:26 »

he's been suspended by the party for doing it partly while parliament is sitting
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12592 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 14:40:31 »

I'll remember him as the prick wearing the pink tie sounds like he's having a mid life crisis.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 17:37:21 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12593 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 14:47:23 »

Well, every other celeb will be breathing a sigh of relief as it's quite clear who will be doing every bushtucker challenge from now until kingdom come.

Dunno about that, Moyles is on it too.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12594 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 14:50:03 »

I hate the way the media rewrite the political history as dictated by the Tories.

Wasn't Brexit meant to be us taking back control including our borders? Yet currently it's the highest ever "invasion"

Then saying we will sort out this mess. Its your fucking mess, you've been in power 12 fucking years
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12595 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 14:54:02 »

Meanwhile France are laughing all the way to the bank🤣

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2021/07/21/uk-to-pay-france-62-7-million-to-curb-channel-migration

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12596 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 15:26:26 »

I hate the way the media rewrite the political history as dictated by the Tories.

Wasn't Brexit meant to be us taking back control including our borders? Yet currently it's the highest ever "invasion"

Despite all the hand wringing, 1930's Reichstag cosplay in parliament media wailing etc we are nowhere near the highest levels which were, I think, c.2002-2003.  Its also worth noting that despite the protestations/promises of 2016 the numbers crossing in boats have gone up since then, but looking at it the problem seems to be less numbers and more processing which is an entirely self inflected problem.

The boat problem is mainly down to the fact that we won't allow anyone to apply for asylum unless they are physically on UK soil and despite France repeatedly offering for their to be a processing centre on their side of the channel our government have repeatedly refused that.

Long and short all this deflective fuss is a tacit admission of failure from the government. If they didn’t want to end up sending asylum seekers to four star hotels they probably should have built more processing capacity, not flounced out of the Dublin Protocol, worked more closely with the French, not spunked a fortune on what is presently considered an unlawful agreement with Rwanda and developed a better strategy.

Last night was all about dog whistling to the far right and the launch of the ERG project Save Suella, noting all the ERG names lining up to agree with her rhetoric and jostling to be evermore hardline, it was a massive big set of 'V's' in the face of Sunak making it clear that if she goes he loses the far right of the party, whilst there is a clamour to suggest that a guy driving 130 odd miles to fling some IED's at a processing centre then top himself is perfectly normal in modern Britain and nothing to remotely worry about!

We are a funny old bunch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12597 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 09:12:16 »

So Trump is back and will run for the Republican candidate for 2024. Someone I work with who is working in London at the moment from Chicago is a staunch Democrat but made 2 interesting points when we were discussing it yesterday. She said;

Out of DeSantis and Trump, she would rather have Trump and that the Democrats have to get a better candidate than Biden to run against the Republicans. I saw Michelle Obama was thinking about it, that would be interesting for sure, Trump v Obama.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12598 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 09:55:20 »

So Trump is back and will run for the Republican candidate for 2024. Someone I work with who is working in London at the moment from Chicago is a staunch Democrat but made 2 interesting points when we were discussing it yesterday. She said;

Out of DeSantis and Trump, she would rather have Trump and that the Democrats have to get a better candidate than Biden to run against the Republicans. I saw Michelle Obama was thinking about it, that would be interesting for sure, Trump v Obama.

I can't see Biden running again at his age, albeit worth noting he is only 3 years older than Trump (something which republicans and Trump fan boys choose to rather ignore). If the democrat nomination comes down to a Harris v. Obama battle that could be interesting.

Also worth bearing in mind, is there any guarantee that Trump will get the Republican nomination versus DeSantis, that's assuming he doesn't get indicted for something that stops him running/serving in the meantime?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12599 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 10:07:24 »

I can't see Biden running again at his age, albeit worth noting he is only 3 years older than Trump (something which republicans and Trump fan boys choose to rather ignore). If the democrat nomination comes down to a Harris v. Obama battle that could be interesting.

Also worth bearing in mind, is there any guarantee that Trump will get the Republican nomination versus DeSantis, that's assuming he doesn't get indicted for something that stops him running/serving in the meantime?

The age thing is interesting, surely it's time for a younger more progressive bunch of candidates rather than these old men that America keep seeming to put forward. There is only 3 years between them but there does seem a wider age gap. 'Sleepy' Joe does have a habit of falling asleep and getting lost on stage whereas Trump seems to have much more energy about him - if you ignore his ludicrous dad dancing on stage!

There are some hurdles Trump will have to cross, it would be quite amusing if he doesn't get the nomination, would love to see him publicly throw his toys out of the pram.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 839 [840] 841 842 843 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: