Pages: 1 ... 782 783 784 [785] 786 787 788 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995749 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #11760 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 13:28:18 »

Vote Johnson, get Johnson.  I'm more surprised anyone is remotely shocked.

Saxondale, that's a real wake up post. I hope you have dealt with it ok.  Can't even imagine what that's like.

Thanks Donkey and Bob.

I'll be honest, I know this sort of thing lurks all the time in the back of your head when you've gone through it.  We had staff who were ex military who'd been in war zones and humanitarian crises saying that it will get you at some point and you never know when.  I was expecting that at some point Ill be at the pub and just snap at a fucking anti vax / covid conspiracy dweeb and that may still happen, but this has put me in a pretty dark place. 

There's a lot of people I wont talk to in case they try to justify this shit and I'll be honest I know this is probably not the best place to be expressing things so I may withdraw from this thread again now.

Never knowingly overstated.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #11761 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 13:39:27 »

Yeah. What a cunt, he has out cunted by the cunts from the other side who have not been exposed as cunts, yet…

Wow members of the Bullington club thinking they are better than the rest of us? Shocking. And LL - they are laughing at you harder than anyone, as not only are you a pleb you're a fucking stupid one.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11762 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 13:42:50 »

What's happening now is deeply sinister.  I'm not normally given over to hyperbole, but the normal rules of engagement are being wiped away as we look on.  In normal times - up to around 5 yrs ago maybe - Johnson would simply have to resign in these circumstances.  But instead of that, he smirks.  The press are basically in on it.  So long as he has Murdoch's backing and is able to appoint the man at the top of the BBC, he's fine.

Comes a point when you have to question whether the democracy is functioning as it should.  This feels like a slow slide towards authoritarianism, and a dismantling of the standards & apparatus that have held leaders to account up until now.  If ever we needed a fully functioning opposition, it's now.  But they're nowhere, focused instead on fighting themselves.  It's chilling, and it's happening right in front of us all.

Thing is for a large part of the population the country becoming little more than a banana republic, international laughing stock with a tanking economy and reducing life expectancy is acceptable as long as it feels like you are putting one over the the wokeist libtards.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11763 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:27:48 »

The thing that really fucks me off with this is how easy it is to prove. His movements are logged by the police. Going in and out of downing Street is logged by the police.
The same as prince Andrew and his pizza express meal instead of shagging the young lady he has never met.
This could have been called in ages ago but there has obviously been a cover up within the police
Maybe pay back for Cressida dick being so appallingly shite.
It's fucking disgusting and although I view things from a different lens to ardiles I can't really argue against his hyperbole.
Gray needs to finish her review quite quickly now I think.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11764 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:36:16 »

"Boris Johnson anxiously awaiting the outcome of an enquiry Boris Johnson initiated to see if Boris Johnson attended a party at Boris Johnson's house" as one commentator so succinctly pointed out
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:08:43 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11765 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:02:03 »

Maybe pay back for Cressida dick being so appallingly shite.

Gray needs to finish her review quite quickly now I think.

Ah Dame Cressida Dick, who ran the operation that led to the innocent Brazilian guy getting shot by the met!

As for Gray, setting aside the fact that there is evidence now knocking about that she was on the email list for the most recent party so why the bloody hell is she investigating it, what is her remit, to investigate whether the PM attended a party, why does it need a third party to investigate that!

I wonder what the guy who rolled up in Parliament to defend Johnson today is going to get, Knighthood, place in the Lords?

I think the key question is whether Carrie can pop another baby out in the next 18 hours so he can dodge PMQ's again.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11766 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:21:39 »

Having a civil servant investigate is not right here.  Ultimately, her reporting line goes in to Johnson.

It's a police matter.  And the longer the Met avoids investigating this, the worse it looks for them.  It looks dodgy, feels dodgy.  And almost certainly is dodgy.  Not a good look.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11767 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 16:02:42 »

I see the Scottish Tory leader has called for Boris to resign.

The Scottish Tory leader is of course, a professional football referee, completely undermining anyone who thinks all Tories are clueless wankers.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11768 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 16:07:20 »

It's a police matter.  And the longer the Met avoids investigating this, the worse it looks for them.  It looks dodgy, feels dodgy.  And almost certainly is dodgy.  Not a good look.

Especially when the invitation to said party is in the public domain and at least on attendee has now confirmed on live telly that they attended!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11769 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 17:04:00 »

Having a civil servant investigate is not right here.  Ultimately, her reporting line goes in to Johnson.

It's a police matter.  And the longer the Met avoids investigating this, the worse it looks for them.  It looks dodgy, feels dodgy.  And almost certainly is dodgy.  Not a good look.

It seems that, unlike elsewhere where parties were busted, the Met is itself complicit and standing by allowing parties in the garden of No. 10.

Last month the Independent Office for Police Conduct was approached for this very reason - following a Complaint.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-watchdog-not-investigate-no-175803197.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMdSucaVpPQDDqouRIur6pWFNnz-aFvn_fMEbx1DXKz6DFzlEQa_3NtMkU6GvM4zEX8Ji0zOJli-mt3opu8FO25hcrU7F1iF4QBwu_DuHSqOXGXymtUdgkjxz7tmt42fdARCObIaEBKWNPHQn1VxO5RWlflKIOYg5xIB98tiToeV

But we taxpayers have now funded a bowlful of timid investigations whereby the alleged culprits mark their own homework.

Where there are findings made by independent Judges or Juries, then they are are undermined by the Government and a mainly servile media..
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 17:08:53 by RedRag » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11770 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 17:12:17 »

Especially when the invitation to said party is in the public domain and at least on attendee has now confirmed on live telly that they attended!

Caraftily and carefully worded (by lawyers?) to avoid looking like he broke the law. Such bullshit from his flapping head of lies. "I thought it was business"...."in hindsight I should have sent them inside"....

chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11771 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 17:59:49 »

Given how fucking useless the Tories are, the constant access to alcohol whilst working may well explain it.
So he's betting everything on the inquiry. What's the betting the get out clause will be that downing Street is a work place as well as a home and that whilst unwise no offences were committed. Gray then becomes a dame when Boris eventually leaves office.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11772 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 18:33:47 »

that's what's is going to happen
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11773 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 18:35:50 »

that's what's is going to happen
Yep,obvious isn't it? Sadly

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"