Pages: 1 ... 774 775 776 [777] 778 779 780 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995912 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11640 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 15:06:40 »

Well, looking from the outside I’d say it’s all going swimmingly well. The electorate are lots of things but I doubt they would have taken the comments of that uncouth mouthpiece Angry Raynor as lightly as her labour colleagues seem to have. I’d have expected uproar and death threats if a serving Conservative MP had said the things she has said.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11641 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 16:13:44 »

Well, looking from the outside I’d say it’s all going swimmingly well. The electorate are lots of things but I doubt they would have taken the comments of that uncouth mouthpiece Angry Raynor as lightly as her labour colleagues seem to have. I’d have expected uproar and death threats if a serving Conservative MP had said the things she has said.

I think its all a bit of a wait and see to be honest, they seem pretty sanguine about a senior Tory saying 'We are at last experiencing a new empire, an empire where the happy South stamps over the cruel, dirty toothless face of the northerner.'? What will bite more, a tax hike and a UC cut on top of soaring living costs v. some naughty words?

The worry for the government is that due to the present shit show they are starting to lose the faithful rags (to an initial degree but it follows the early 90's trends which hamstrung Major). Whilst the Telegraph is still loyal they have started mocking the government, likewise the Mail.

What will count up here is levelling up (shambles so far and a sound bite that is not remotely possible), the planning stuff is nibbling Tory arses in the home counties, if the fuel chaos continues, what happens after Christmas (if they can actually get any lorry drivers into the country) and what happens in April when the fuel prices shit properly clatters the fan. What will help the Tories hugely round here is the gerrymandering boundary changes as that is lumping together some very uncomfortable bedfellows.

Intertsing times ahead for those of us lucky enough to be able to (at least without a life shock) weather it for now.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11642 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 17:55:35 »

I think its all a bit of a wait and see to be honest, they seem pretty sanguine about a senior Tory saying 'We are at last experiencing a new empire, an empire where the happy South stamps over the cruel, dirty toothless face of the northerner.'? What will bite more, a tax hike and a UC cut on top of soaring living costs v. some naughty words?

The worry for the government is that due to the present shit show they are starting to lose the faithful rags (to an initial degree but it follows the early 90's trends which hamstrung Major). Whilst the Telegraph is still loyal they have started mocking the government, likewise the Mail.

What will count up here is levelling up (shambles so far and a sound bite that is not remotely possible), the planning stuff is nibbling Tory arses in the home counties, if the fuel chaos continues, what happens after Christmas (if they can actually get any lorry drivers into the country) and what happens in April when the fuel prices shit properly clatters the fan. What will help the Tories hugely round here is the gerrymandering boundary changes as that is lumping together some very uncomfortable bedfellows.

Intertsing times ahead for those of us lucky enough to be able to (at least without a life shock) weather it for now.

I knew I’d flush one of you out 😁

Horlock, firstly two wrongs don’t make a right. Secondly, I wasn’t aware of that comment, new one on me. Thirdly I’m surprised you hard northern bastards took offence. Fourthly, I could be wrong but didn’t you espouse the term ‘what aboutery’ not that long ago? Tsk, tsk, tsk. To finish, Labour are unelectable, you must see that because the country can and in spite of the errors over covid I cannot in all honesty say I know anyone personally who thought that had Labour been in charge things would have been handled any better. Enjoy your evening.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 19:23:17 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11643 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 06:10:17 »

I despise the sort of politics Angela Raynor deals in. I don't think that shouting, ranting and name calling is appropriate for leaders in society. It just signals to the masses that this is the appropriate way to behave. Berate people, shout them down, don't listen to anyone else's point of view. It just ends badly imho.

We currently have an unelectable opposition that continues to place itself too far to left and a serving government that is too far to the right. The lot in the middle remain irrelevant.

I'm hoping something changes soon to restore the balance and put the country back on track. But I'm struggling to see how and when that is going to happen.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11644 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 08:22:32 »

I despise the sort of politics Angela Raynor deals in. I don't think that shouting, ranting and name calling is appropriate for leaders in society. It just signals to the masses that this is the appropriate way to behave. Berate people, shout them down, don't listen to anyone else's point of view. It just ends badly imho.

The Angela Raynor incident left a nasty taste. Whatever a politician thinks of Boris I don't think using language that she did is anything like appropriate. You have to be more professional than that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11645 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 09:20:37 »

We currently have an unelectable opposition that continues to place itself too far to left and a serving government that is too far to the right. The lot in the middle remain irrelevant.

I'm hoping something changes soon to restore the balance and put the country back on track. But I'm struggling to see how and when that is going to happen.

Its just playing to the crowd appealing to the voter base, they are all at it its basic politics. We have all the culture wars stuff because that appeals to many Tory voters and much of the rise of nationalism/racism etc can be attributed to the comments of various senior politicians making such viewpoints mainstream and acceptable.

Who knows where Labour are going some suggest that they are using the current lull before gearing up to an election in 2024 to get the house more in order but then again its just a mess. Its gonna be a very different world in 12 months time let alone 3 years.

chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11646 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 10:19:47 »

The Angela Raynor incident left a nasty taste. Whatever a politician thinks of Boris I don't think using language that she did is anything like appropriate. You have to be more professional than that.
That was a cynical future leadership bid which might come pretty soon given that the Tories have given labour repeated open goals and starmwr is a latter day Shaun close.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11647 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 10:53:01 »

Its just playing to the crowd appealing to the voter base, they are all at it its basic politics. We have all the culture wars stuff because that appeals to many Tory voters and much of the rise of nationalism/racism etc can be attributed to the comments of various senior politicians making such viewpoints mainstream and acceptable.

Who knows where Labour are going some suggest that they are using the current lull before gearing up to an election in 2024 to get the house more in order but then again its just a mess. Its gonna be a very different world in 12 months time let alone 3 years.

‘Its just playing to the crowd appealing to the voter base’ Oh is it? Ah well that’s ok then. So all the other crass comments she and a few other Labour MPs recently are ok? Along with the ones made by the odd Conservative MP?

Sorry mate just not good enough. Bear pit politics is one thing what you appear to be at best dismissing and at worst condoning is wrong on so many levels, plain and simple.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11648 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 11:11:29 »

‘Its just playing to the crowd appealing to the voter base’ Oh is it? Ah well that’s ok then. So all the other crass comments she and a few other Labour MPs recently are ok? Along with the ones made by the odd Conservative MP?

Sorry mate just not good enough. Bear pit politics is one thing what you appear to be at best dismissing and at worst condoning is wrong on so many levels, plain and simple.

Setting aside the fact that I wasn't dismissing nor condoning what she said and I agree that two wrongs do not make a right, yet you are still banging on about what she said whilst dismissing what other politicians you like have said, which is entirely your prerogative but rather removes the scope for the moral upper ground to be taken....

All this is just another of those stories that show that people should reach for the dictionary rather than take it as read as in the clap-trap in the right wing press. So for a quick Google what does these sources say about "SCUM" ... one said "immoral person" which leads to the question of what does immoral really mean, well from Collins the following comes up:

ADJECTIVE
1. transgressing accepted moral rules; corrupt. (donations for honours or perhaps those dodgy PPE contracts just for starters)
2. sexually dissolute; profligate or promiscuous (the list of extra martial behaviour from Johnson is all one needs to say)
3. unscrupulous or unethical . . . . and on and on the list is extensive and if the blinkered can't or won't see it it's really is their problem not mine.

On a wider level I am not sure how this 'lady said a naughty word'  precious pearl clutching sits with the 'Non PC straight talking' image you like to portray?  Perhaps its just us northerners* have a thicker skin than you cockneys Cheesy Wink

* I will never be a northerner as I don't have at least three generations of background up here, we will forever be known as offcomers by the locals!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 11:21:41 by horlock07 » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11649 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 11:19:45 »

All this is just another of those stories that show that people should reach for the dictionary rather than take it as read as in the clap-trap in the right wing press. So for a quick Google what does these sources say about "SCUM" ... one said "immoral person" which leads to the question of what does immoral really mean, well from Collins the following comes up:

ADJECTIVE
1. transgressing accepted moral rules; corrupt. (donations for honours or perhaps those dodgy PPE contracts just for starters)
2. sexually dissolute; profligate or promiscuous (the list of extra martial behaviour from Johnson is all one needs to say)
3. unscrupulous or unethical . . . . and on and on the list is extensive and if the blinkered can't or won't see it it's really is their problem not mine.

Not sure how this precious pearl clutching sits with the 'Non PC straight talking' Cheesy Wink

Pearl clutching? Yeah I’m straight talking, but I’m not spiteful, poisonous or full of bile. I don’t expect public figures who represent the people to be that either. For the record it actually sits quiet well, I don’t like it but she and a number of others in the left wing nasty party can carry on. Who’s party is in No.10? Who’s party is not likely to win the next GE? 😁
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11650 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 11:49:46 »

What about the prime minister conspiring to have a journalist beaten up?

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11651 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 21:26:36 »

What about the prime minister conspiring to have a journalist beaten up?

Yeah, you’re right, Tony Blair was a prize cunt, only outdone by Corbyn and his renta mob Momentum. The Jewish community speaks highly of him as well I understand.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #11652 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 21:33:45 »

That was a cynical future leadership bid which might come pretty soon given that the Tories have given labour repeated open goals and starmwr is a latter day Shaun close.

The last part of your sentence is genius.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #11653 on: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 06:44:38 »

Yeah, you’re right, Tony Blair was a prize cunt, only outdone by Corbyn and his renta mob Momentum. The Jewish community speaks highly of him as well I understand.

I'm not on a wind up, and I'm long since sick of the nest of vipers that is the Labour Party, but do you actually like Conservative policies, or just hate Labour? Personally I'm a devout member of the none of the above party; Labour being shite is not reason enough to support Tories.

Labour are totally disconnected with their traditional support and if they think thick as mince momentum types like Rayner and Buregeon are going to appeal to their lost northern voters they are doomed (they might already be without a majority in Scotland). British and US politics have seem like a good argument for totalitarian regimes; what sort of choice is Johnson v Corbyn or Trump v Biden?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11654 on: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 10:39:28 »

I'm not on a wind up, and I'm long since sick of the nest of vipers that is the Labour Party, but do you actually like Conservative policies, or just hate Labour? Personally I'm a devout member of the none of the above party; Labour being shite is not reason enough to support Tories.

Labour are totally disconnected with their traditional support and if they think thick as mince momentum types like Rayner and Buregeon are going to appeal to their lost northern voters they are doomed (they might already be without a majority in Scotland). British and US politics have seem like a good argument for totalitarian regimes; what sort of choice is Johnson v Corbyn or Trump v Biden?

As a working class ex council house kid who has made a decent fist of my life so far I’d say that I detest the Labour sham that they support the working class. Happily (along with an element in the Conservative party) were happy to lie and give away my country to the EU ponzi scheme. Common market 100% EU, not a chance. I detest far left politics as much as I detest far right politics. AFAIC the Conservative values are more aligned to mine than that of labours have ever been. Do i think (like others here probably think I do) that the conservatives have all the answers and are always right? Fuck off NO. For me it is GB PLC equal first with my family. Work hard, play hard, pay your dues. Welfare, yep all for that to help those who need it. Not dole out benefits Willy nilly to hook the less fortunate into thinking this is all I’m worth and all I’m going to get so I’ll vote Labour because they keep telling me how shit my life is and how they’ll help me to keep that shit life by keep on paying benefits. Immigration, Yep, good idea (my old chap came from India) let in those who are a benefit to all of us, not swamp the country with cheap Labour like Blair did thus getting business hooked on cheap Labour and driving down the working mans income. Asylum? Yep, we’ve always been a safe haven for people in desperate need. Economic migrants, errr, no. They should seek asylum in their first country of entry like they are supposed to do, another EU sham. NHS, yep 100%. Just make it work more efficiently. Anything government run or related always gobbles up more money that can be thrown at it and that goes for both the main parties. Could I vote Labour, ever? I doubt it. Would I not support the Conservative anytime? I have in the past, I’d do so again if I felt the need. Labour need a long time in the wilderness to work out what they stand for and who they really want to vote for them. Then offer the policies that will get them success. They are in the wilderness like the conservatives were after John Major. Will they get into power? Yes, at some point they will.

Hope that clarifies your question. Now if you don’t mind I have work to do, us self employed depend on no-one, get nothing, don’t expect anything.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 11:54:24 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 776 [777] 778 779 780 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: