Pages: 1 ... 745 746 747 [748] 749 750 751 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996777 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11205 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:52:09 »

5th night of rioting by Loyalist mobs in Belfast, they've just set a bus on fire, with driver and passengers still on it. Not a peep out of all the people who were so upset by the protests in Bristol though.

https://twitter.com/trishdevlin/status/1379871010808270850
Of course, it's entirely coincidental that this rioting has broken out just a week or so after the DUP leadership met up with the Loyalist Community Council, the front organisation for the Loyalist terrorist gangs, to discuss their mutual "concern" over the NI Protocol in the Brexit deal.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11206 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:56:42 »

Of course, it's entirely coincidental that this rioting has broken out just a week or so after the DUP leadership met up with the Loyalist Community Council, the front organisation for the Loyalist terrorist gangs, to discuss their mutual "concern" over the NI Protocol in the Brexit deal.

Listening to Arleen Foster today my understand is it’s down to the two tier policing. Either way the island of Ireland is a seething cauldron waiting or any excuse to kick off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11207 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:59:50 »

Listening to Arleen Foster today my understand is it’s down to the two tier policing. Either way the island of Ireland is a seething cauldron waiting or any excuse to kick off.
To paraphrase Christine Keeler "Well she would say that wouldn't she?" It was widely predicted that the NI Protocol could cause a resurgence of violence in the Loyalist gangs and it was dismissed as "Project Fear" in the rush to get Johnson's "oven ready" deal through.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11208 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 21:01:49 »

Where's Kevin Bamboo vanished to😳
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 21:04:08 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11209 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 21:09:31 »

Where's Kevin Bamboo vanished to😳
Are you suggesting he's a Loyalist rioter? Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11210 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 21:11:44 »

Are you suggesting he's a Loyalist rioter? Smiley

No!! maybe he's got lost walking in the Scottish highlands😀

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11211 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 21:40:02 »

To paraphrase Christine Keeler "Well she would say that wouldn't she?" It was widely predicted that the NI Protocol could cause a resurgence of violence in the Loyalist gangs and it was dismissed as "Project Fear" in the rush to get Johnson's "oven ready" deal through.

Nothing to do with the protocol, though you’d love to be to suit your storyline and pro EU stance. To with Catholics mass funeral attendances and marches afterwards, whereas not allowed by the unionists. As I said two tier policing.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11212 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 01:15:55 »

Are you talking to yourself again?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11213 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:19:30 »

Nothing to do with the protocol, though you’d love to be to suit your storyline and pro EU stance. To with Catholics mass funeral attendances and marches afterwards, whereas not allowed by the unionists. As I said two tier policing.
There's multiple causes, it's also not unconnected to police action against some former Loyalist crime gangs. Johnson promised no border down the Irish Sea and then promptly sold Unionists down the river (or the Irish Sea come to that). This is part of the inevitable backlash.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11214 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:18:46 »

It has everything to do with the NI Protocol.  And, of course, there are other factors at play as well, such as the Sinn Fein funeral thing.

These problems were flagged & widely predicted.  They're a direct consequence of the hard Brexit that Johnson pushed through - in full knowledge that this was incompatible with the GFA.  He's dealing with forces way bigger than he is, and either doesn't understand them or just doesn't care.  My money's on the latter.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11215 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:21:17 »

Orange day parades last year say hello:

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11216 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:25:59 »

It's got fuck all to do with Bobby Storey you melt. The violence is being fueled by Loyalist Paramilitaries who are having difficulty moving drugs between NI and the GB mainland - this is their main source of income. You can see it in the interviews the've done with the young lads involved. None of them even know who Bobby Storey is.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11217 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:35:18 »

Riiigghhtt, so the PSNI (which is just the RUC with a new name remember) who used to be accused on being loyalist have now become staunch republicans, I get ya. They cannot even say they weren't warned... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50157743

Yes there are multiple reasons, albeit the reason this has come to a head is in the main due to Brexit. Brexit was a destabilising blow against unionism* in Northern Ireland, which WAS balanced against nationalism by the GFA, the key driver in why the loyalists feel like they have been sold down the river and thus are so unhappy can be characterised by this.

I see off the back of Arlene blaming Sinn Fein for attending a funeral, Kate Hoey is now wading it.

* Somewhat ironically about the only people who wanted Brexit in NI was, you guessed it, the Unionists!

I think we can add Northern Ireland to the list of places fucking off from Little England shortly now.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11218 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:45:56 »

I think we can add Northern Ireland to the list of places fucking off from Little England shortly now.

It's remarkable the correlation between those who so vehemently wrap themselves in the Union Flag seem to care so little for the Union itself.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11219 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:49:04 »

In more cheery news, this is just grim reading https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/06/colleagues-leaving-nhs-government-betrayed
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 747 [748] 749 750 751 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: