Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996095 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1020 on: Monday, July 13, 2015, 20:51:29 »

Politics normally bores me to shite, you won't normally find me in threads such as this. It's clear that Cameron is a cock-womble, but asides from agreeing on that basic axiom I can't find myself to be bothered enough to even comment.....

But fox-hunting. Fuck you, you fucking cretin. Fuck you. Eugh. What an utterly, utterly vile thing.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:21:31 »

The basic premise of population control is sensible. The way the hooting toffs go about it is not. I just think they should move fox hunts to inner cities at 4am. There. Problem solved.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:22:46 »

The basic premise of population control is sensible. The way the hooting toffs go about it is not. I just think they should move fox hunts to inner cities at 4am. There. Problem solved.

I think the horns might go down badly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:37:37 »

They could combine it with the benefits cuts and start hunting the urban poor. It's what they really want to do.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:39:50 »

I think the horns might go down badly.

No worse than a siren going past. With a pack of hounds. And huge number of horses clattering on tarmac. And the general ohfwlohfwlohfwl sound of a pack of toffs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:42:55 »

the general ohfwlohfwlohfwl sound of a pack of toffs.
It's more of a chewing sound really
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1026 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:46:41 »

http://www.ifaw.org/united-kingdom/our-work/banning-hunting-dogs/myths-realities#a4

I thought fox hunting was necessary to keep down the fox population. WOn't a ban cause a population explosion of foxes?

According to the UK Government Burns Commission, “the overall contribution of traditional fox hunting, within the overall total of control techniques involving dogs, is almost certainly insignificant in terms of the management of the fox population as a whole.” The fox population has not changed either since the Hunting Act as hunting with dogs never had a real effect on populations due to the fact that foxes are territorial predators whose population self-regulate. If you kill some in an area you are going to have foxes from other areas coming in to replace the population you eliminated. The proof of this is that when hunting with dogs stopped during the foot-and-mouth crisis, research from Bristol University (Harris, 2002) showed that the fox population did not increase. On the other side, if you try to kill many foxes in an area using all possible means, research (Baker & Harris, 2006) has shown that the likely effect is an increase in fox numbers.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #1027 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:52:02 »

Things have come to a pretty pass in this country when the chinless wonders are deprived of their inalienable right to send a pack of hounds out to rip a fox to bits.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 14:03:36 »

Isn't it a bit sad that there are more people up in arms about the proposed reintroduction of fox hunting than there are about everything else this greedy, grasping, self serving bunch of cunts are doing to fuck us up the arse?

Not saying that fox hunting should in any way be legitimised, just that there are much bigger issues most seem totally apathetic towards.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1029 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 14:48:54 »

Isn't it a bit sad that there are more people up in arms about the proposed reintroduction of fox hunting than there are about everything else this greedy, grasping, self serving bunch of cunts are doing to fuck us up the arse?

Not saying that fox hunting should in any way be legitimised, just that there are much bigger issues most seem totally apathetic towards.
I agree, we care more about the fucking foxes than we do about the poor, disabled and old in our society.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 16:48:01 »

Couldn't agree more.

There must be about 20-30 issues that are actually important compared to bloody fox welfare. This country never ceases to amaze me.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 17:52:08 »

The irony of it being the SNP making Dave's government back down on fox hunting will, no doubt, be largely ignored by our right wing press.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 20:03:08 »

I think Sturgeon could lose some support over this.  Whether you agree with fox-hunting or not, all the bill would have done would have been to bring the law in England & Wales in line with what it is in Scotland.  The SNP can't be that bothered by the content of the bill, or they would have done something about the law as it stands in Scotland.  There's no substance to this stance.  It's not done on principle...which would be easier to respect and understand.  Just seems to be an exercise in getting up the noses of the Tories and their supporters.  Doing the right thing, maybe, but for all the wrong reasons.

Agitate, annoy, irritate, piss people off.  Is that the new strategy for Scottish independence?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 20:04:52 »

Couldn't agree more.

There must be about 20-30 issues that are actually important compared to bloody fox welfare. This country never ceases to amaze me.
That's not the fault of those objecting to the relaxation of the ban though. It was Cameron who chose to use what we keep being told is valuable parliamentary time to do favours for his mates
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 20:07:44 »

Just seems to be an exercise in getting up the noses of the Tories and their supporters.  Doing the right thing, maybe, but for all the wrong reasons.
tbf there's a bit more to it than that. English Tory MPs have continually blocked SNP amendments to the Scotland Act despite the promises made in the days running up to the referendum. So this is a bit of tit for tat - if English Tories are going to mess with exclusively Scottish legislation, and (apparently) break the "Pledge" made to the Scots in doing so, then the Scots are going to make life hard for them in return. Cuts both ways.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: