Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996673 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 20:53:58 »

Maybe if you weren't such an unpleasant twat people may engage with you more?
Arriba, you have constantly complained but offered no solutions. Come on, tell us all how you're going to solve the country's problems, particularly the financial ones. I would love to hear it.

Here's a few questions that you can answer:

1) If you have a massive debt, what is your plan to deal with this? Are you going to borrow more, that you can't afford or are you going to get your spending in order, or are you going to choose bankruptcy?

2) If you can't afford services at home, do you think it's sensible to give £12b a year away? Or is it more appropriate to reduce A&E instead? Which of the two should be reduced? £12b abroad, or £8b making up the shortfall the NHS is going to have over the course of the next 5 years?

3) Despite almost 13 years of a 40% higher tax rate, bar 2 months prior to The last election when it was raised b to 50%, followed by a reduction to 45%, are you clever enough to work out which regime was the most accommodating to big business?

4) Labour expanded the welfare state to the extent that people who get off their arses, and graft all week, are condemned to a maximum wage. It's a maximum wage and Labour made it so. They decided to give people 'in work credits' and actively supported and encouraged a low wage economy. Labour fucking hate you. Look at their front bench, and look at their leader.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 22:28:19 »

I love the fact you are the same age as me.  Thought you would of been older(not a criticism)

As has been said  opinons are like arseholes ..etc etc etc. I know its a debate. But no
Ones gonna win.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 20:58:46 »

If we could park the dull personal abuse briefly, let's all marvel in the bizarre reflected glory of the Green election broadcast

What the actual fuck.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 08:28:38 »

It's all relative

That's the theory.

Ironside, which side of the fence are you on?
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:04:44 »

That's the theory.

Ironside, which side of the fence are you on?
The right side, obviously...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Arnold Corns

« Reply #500 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:12:11 »

Arriba, you have constantly complained but offered no solutions. Come on, tell us all how you're going to solve the country's problems, particularly the financial ones. I would love to hear it.

Here's a few questions that you can answer:

1) If you have a massive debt, what is your plan to deal with this? Are you going to borrow more, that you can't afford or are you going to get your spending in order, or are you going to choose bankruptcy?

2) If you can't afford services at home, do you think it's sensible to give £12b a year away? Or is it more appropriate to reduce A&E instead? Which of the two should be reduced? £12b abroad, or £8b making up the shortfall the NHS is going to have over the course of the next 5 years?

3) Despite almost 13 years of a 40% higher tax rate, bar 2 months prior to The last election when it was raised b to 50%, followed by a reduction to 45%, are you clever enough to work out which regime was the most accommodating to big business?

4) Labour expanded the welfare state to the extent that people who get off their arses, and graft all week, are condemned to a maximum wage. It's a maximum wage and Labour made it so. They decided to give people 'in work credits' and actively supported and encouraged a low wage economy. Labour fucking hate you. Look at their front bench, and look at their leader.

Your 1st point - who has got the country more in debt? Try looking at this http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_chart.html
kerry red

« Reply #501 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:17:02 »

If we could park the dull personal abuse briefly, let's all marvel in the bizarre reflected glory of the Green election broadcast

What the actual fuck.
I had to turn over when this was on - I felt embarrassed watching it.
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:36:17 »

Christ, they are serious I think. 
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:37:10 »

Your 1st point - who has got the country more in debt? Try looking at this http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_chart.html
Labour. The Labour party had 13 years to reduce national debt, didn't and then when the economy went kaput, had zero reserves to deal with it. I've already explained, they mortgaged the country to the eyeballs (they even left a note saying the country was skint). Increased the national debt and expanded the welfare state to unsustainable levels.

It took them 13 years to bring the country to it's knees and some people think that the current government are responsible for the state of public finances, but that they should have been sorted out in five years. It's just bizarre to be honest with you, especially considering the Tories have been hamstrung by being in a coalition with the Liberal Democrats.

I've pretty much decided that the vast majority of people in the UK have some kind of mental deficiency when it comes to financial management, whether that be on a national or personal level. The National and personal debt levels support that assertion.

Despite that, some people seem to think that Labour are a good idea for the next government!

Arnold Corns

« Reply #504 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:49:48 »

Labour. The Labour party had 13 years to reduce national debt, didn't and then when the economy went kaput, had zero reserves to deal with it. I've already explained, they mortgaged the country to the eyeballs (they even left a note saying the country was skint). Increased the national debt and expanded the welfare state to unsustainable levels.

It took them 13 years to bring the country to it's knees and some people think that the current government are responsible for the state of public finances, but that they should have been sorted out in five years. It's just bizarre to be honest with you, especially considering the Tories have been hamstrung by being in a coalition with the Liberal Democrats.

I've pretty much decided that the vast majority of people in the UK have some kind of mental deficiency when it comes to financial management, whether that be on a national or personal level. The National and personal debt levels support that assertion.

Despite that, some people seem to think that Labour are a good idea for the next government!

http://www.neweconomics.org/blog/entry/mythbusters-excessive-government-borrowing-got-us-into-this-mess

Perhaps it's you with the mental deficiency.
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:00:14 »

Some interesting data there Arnold Corns.   That said, I haven't scoured the NEF Website but they describe themselves as "NEF is the UK's leading think tank promoting social, economic and environmental justice".  Thus, you can't help but wonder whether they would - by definition - be likely to be pro-Labour.  Not saying that their data is false of course but isn't this a bit like a (admittedly more intellectual) Daily Mail precis of the current Tory Government?

The country was left royally f*cked at the end of the Labour tenure, even if it wasn't in that state during the early years of the Blair government.  I have no doubt at all that the level of debt was substantially due to the banking crisis, as it was in most other European countries.  The question is, of course, how much can you attribute to the Labour Government.  What would the Conservative view of increased controls over global banks' London operation by a Labour Government?  Global banks tend to be very mobile in terms of where they locate people.  A potential exodus of jobs in the City would have been widely condemned.

The crisis was pretty deep and balancing the books would be no mean feat.  However, if five years isn't enough time to resolve things, how long is?  Should the current government be judged over 8, 10, 13 years?  How many years is the correct number?

I don't understand the maximum wage point.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:06:23 »

As Exiled Eric pointed out, the source you site is indeed a leftist publication.

Arnold Corns

« Reply #507 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:24:25 »

As Exiled Eric pointed out, the source you site is indeed a leftist publication.

So they have made it all up have they. Even the ex Bank of England Governor agreed that it wasn't the Labour government that caused the mess.

If Labour hadn't bailed out the banks the Country would have gone into a deep depression.
Anyone who thinks the Tories will look out for the ordinary working people in this country is deluded.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #508 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:32:06 »

Anyone who thinks the Tories will look out for the ordinary working people in this country is deluded.
This is exactly how I feel.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:36:31 »

I suppose the question is will any of the parties look after the ordinary people?  Do Labour's elite really resonate any more with the average working guy than the Bullingdon Club members?  I'm really not sure any more (and have voted Labour in every election since I turned 18 in 1983 and was living in Park North)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: