Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996260 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:33:48 »

There isn't anyone to stop the SNP this time.  They're the only party in Scotland with any real credibility at this election.  The speed with which the Labour vote up here has collapsed is breath-taking.

And the great thing is it's all labour's own doing! Getting into bed with the Tories, and the overly negative fear ongoing Bitter together campaign. They're fucked up there, hopefully for good. Good luck to Sturgeon, she's stepped up to the plate well.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:44:37 »

Must admit, I don't really understand the loathing of Labour for working with the Tories on securing the No vote.  Politicians are often accused of being disingenuous and taking an opposing position for the sake of it.  But when there is a genuine cause that they agree on (in this case, preserving the union), Labour get flamed for fighting for what they believed in.  Should they have fought for a Yes vote just because the Tories wanted a No?

I do agree with you that the tone of the No campaign was all wrong.  Still do not understand why the No side did such a bad job of setting oyt (or didn't even bother to set out) a positive message for remaining in the UK.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 17:57:33 »

hope over fear. The No campaign just used scare tactics, it'll live long in the memories up there. Not sure how Labour will recover. Murphy's a complete bellend, Miliband well what can you say, knob jockey. And SNP are playing a blinder. Soon to be playing that blinder at WM I expect.

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 18:28:17 »

The snp and plaid cymru will appeal to their respective voters so are bound to do well in their countries. Apart from the comical bnp what do English people have that appeals solely to them as English citizens?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 18:36:38 »

I wonder, as stupid as it sounds, if there could be an English offshoot of the SNP, like a devolution for all kind of party. One of the problems the SNP Scots have with Labour is the way Labour are trying to make the SNP out to be like a Scottish BNP, which they're not, they just want to be able to look after themselves. The whole armed guards on the border, messy divorce picture painted by Bitter Together has led to this.

Could be a hell of a game changer.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 19:04:49 »

Devolution for all has to be the way if the UK is going to continue.  The assymetry in arrangements for each of the UK nations is currently pulling it apart at the seams.  The English have, up until now, been fairly lukewarm to the idea of English devolution.  But those in England who would like to stay in the UK are probably realising it needs to happen now in some form.

Quite like the idea of a federal UK myself.  And the Lib Dems are keen on it.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 19:27:00 »

hope over fear. The No campaign just used scare tactics, it'll live long in the memories up there. Not sure how Labour will recover. Murphy's a complete bellend, Miliband well what can you say, knob jockey. And SNP are playing a blinder. Soon to be playing that blinder at WM I expect.
Scots dodged a bullet there, the Picses, duo (Salmond & Sturgeon) have quietly dropped the fact that they would be financially fucked with the drop in the cost of North Sea oil, strange that eh?
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:07:40 »

What an amoral question (hardly surprising, given the source). I'm not talking about penalising big business, or increasing corporation tax, merely closing the loopholes that allow them to fleece this country out of tax they should be paying. I can't understand how anybody, apart from those few benefiting from this, can possibly defend it.
But yeah, much easier to target those on benefit, or immigrants.
Amoral? Are you fucking serious or are you retarded?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:58:48 »

Ironside, just out of interest, does your tag line of "we must exterminate the Jews Liberals also reflect your political leanings at all?
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:04:35 by StfcRusty » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:01:05 »

amoral
eɪˈmɒr(ə)l/
adjective
lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:03:05 »

Ah TEF political season.

Roll on election day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:03:35 »

Ironside, just out of interest, does your tag line of "we must exterminate the Jews" also reflect your political leanings at all?
It doesn't say that - it says Liberals, not Jews. But he's BNP, so broadly in that direction yes.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:21:08 »

Ah TEF political season.

Roll on election day.
I'm finding it a welcome distraction from thinking of today's events....

It's All Good..............
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:53:04 »

Ironside, just out of interest, does your tag line of "we must exterminate the Jews Liberals also reflect your political leanings at all?

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 08:45:35 »

Scots dodged a bullet there, the Picses, duo (Salmond & Sturgeon) have quietly dropped the fact that they would be financially fucked with the drop in the cost of North Sea oil, strange that eh?

Source please, I haven't read that.

And the Scots wouldn't be 'financially fucked', as if it had been a yes, they wouldn't even be independent yet. That's my understanding of the timescales involved, I could be wrong on that though.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: