Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996249 times)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 23:18:18 »

It's pointless to get into a debate on politics. For every argument there is a counter argument, for every example, a counter example.
I am not a Labour sympathiser (At least not since Blair turned them into a ideologically  bankrupt party) I just think that The Consevatives version of society is not as fair, just or equitable as it should, or could be.

Interestingly I nearly agree with your last sentence. Life is not and never has been fair. That said it does not hurt to try to make it so. Just need to be careful that the hand that feeds the needy has the means to supply the demand and the more you give the more is wanted. What started out as a safety net has turned into a nice comfy feathered bed with entitlements.
kerry red

« Reply #361 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:08:03 »

That Nicola Sturgeon is a right old hound.

And is it a pre-requisite for SNP MPs to be named after fish?
Combe Down

« Reply #362 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:10:48 »

Aren't there Swindon Borough Council seats up for grabs on 7th May too? Which candidates will give STFC the best consideration if elected? Can we get a few candidates on here to give their STFC manifesto? Got to be votes in it for them from the local TEFers.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:31:13 »

Aren't there Swindon Borough Council seats up for grabs on 7th May too? Which candidates will give STFC the best consideration if elected? Can we get a few candidates on here to give their STFC manifesto? Got to be votes in it for them from the local TEFers.
It would be utterly pointless. They'd all just give the usual platitudes about how important the club is, pride of the town etc etc. If it's that big a decider for you, you'd be better off looking at their voting records. But tbh, while there are some individual councillors who do genuinely care what happens to the club, overall the club will benefit from the town overall getting back on it's feet from the stagnation of the past 6-7 years.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 20:56:54 »

Well that debate was crap, wasn't it.

The only moment of any interest was Farage deciding to have a go at foreign people with AIDS. Those evil bastards.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 21:09:22 »

Load of wank, resulted to trolling the lib dems and labour on Twitter to keep me awake.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 21:14:41 »

Twitter was a definite winner tonight, know it's easier to take the piss from afar than do something positive but I only really carried on watching for the reaction on there.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 21:18:59 »

Interestingly I nearly agree with your last sentence. Life is not and never has been fair. That said it does not hurt to try to make it so. Just need to be careful that the hand that feeds the needy has the means to supply the demand and the more you give the more is wanted. What started out as a safety net has turned into a nice comfy feathered bed with entitlements.

All you can ask for is a chance the rest is down to you. I was lucky to be given that chance.
People need to understand one rule in life, sad but true. You are on your own.
Understand this and you are more prepared for the shit that is going to come your way.
Life is one big game with no rules. However you are tested on your values and morals.
The politicians do nothing and represent themselves.
Kind of glad I am in the latter part of my career. Didn't do fantastic at school or go to University.
Done it back to front and studied whilst working.
Milliband is an absolute twat of the highest order and how anyone could vote for him. Cameron no understanding of how people live and so far away from the average man in the street.

Christy

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 21:37:12 »

I wouldn't trust Miliband to tie up his own shoelaces let alone run the country

Ha - Cameron told me he couldn't even control his own um 'free spirited' Tory Town Council...and to be fair it's one thing he's been right on.

You have seen that he never wears shoes with laces right?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #369 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 07:14:57 »

So what did I learn....

Nothing about the usual suspects, I find Nichola Sturgeon incredibly annoying and I am still a sucker for a Welsh accent.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 07:51:42 »

All you can ask for is a chance the rest is down to you. I was lucky to be given that chance.
People need to understand one rule in life, sad but true. You are on your own.
Understand this and you are more prepared for the shit that is going to come your way.
Life is one big game with no rules. However you are tested on your values and morals.
The politicians do nothing and represent themselves.
Kind of glad I am in the latter part of my career. Didn't do fantastic at school or go to University.
Done it back to front and studied whilst working.
Milliband is an absolute twat of the highest order and how anyone could vote for him. Cameron no understanding of how people live and so far away from the average man in the street.

This for me.

Anybody who thinks voting a particular way will change things is deluded.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 08:08:37 »

This for me.

Anybody who thinks voting a particular way will change things is deluded.

Do you know what Flash, I would love it if the ballot paper had s tick box at the bottom that said "none of them."
This way at least it shows people are bothered to vote but can show their sheer resentment for them all.
Sadly this time I would vote this.
Would be great to see a landslide victory.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:16:52 »

Do you know what Flash, I would love it if the ballot paper had s tick box at the bottom that said "none of them."
This way at least it shows people are bothered to vote but can show their sheer resentment for them all.

Out of interest what would you like to replace the current democratic system with?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:21:20 »

The option already exists. It's called "spoiling your ballot" and has traditionally been used for this purpose. Doesn't tend to get talked about much though, unless you and Russell can mobilise the millions to your cause.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Combe Down

« Reply #374 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:39:28 »

There are certain names you are not allowed to used on ballet forms. 'None of the above' being one. I see that the Beer, Baccy and Crumpet Party had to change their name to Beer, Baccy and Crumpets to be accepted so as not to offend the feminists.

Is the CISTA Party fielding local candidates? Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: