Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995731 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 16:32:59 »

I really don't think the LD's have got very much of what they wanted but they have stopped the posh boys from doing a lot of what they really wanted to do!  Their biggest single mistake was going back on their election pledge of no increase in university tuition fees - that will be remembered for a long time to come!!

Think they got more than could be expected given their share of the votes and MP's.

Don't get people saying they won't vote for them again over the university fees as every other party would have done it as well.

The new vastly higher personal allowance is solely down to the Lib Dems, this benefited millions of people on low wages and they don't get anywhere near the credit they deserve for it.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 16:35:07 »

How do we address my apathy. Currently I intend to draw a massive cock (with spunk bubble) on my ballot form.

Your best bet is to leave the ballot paper completely blank. It counts as none of the above - spoiled ballots are ignored whatever you draw on them.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 16:39:43 »

Your best bet is to leave the ballot paper completely blank. It counts as none of the above - spoiled ballots are ignored whatever you draw on them.

But surely drawing a massive cock is more fun?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 16:44:10 »

But surely drawing a massive cock is more fun?

Smiley It might be but depending on where you draw it, it might count as a vote. When I stood, someone had written next to the Lib Dem candidate that he was a "fucking wanker". It counted as a vote because it was mark against the candidate and no-one else.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 16:50:04 »

Don't get people saying they won't vote for them again over the university fees as every other party would have done it as well.

Perhaps, but the Lib Dems to a man signed a commitment not to vote to raise fees. Full stop, no caveats. They then tripled them. Was it a stupid thing to sign? Yes. Does it smack of the very worst of politics? Absolutely.

I voted Lib Dem at the last election. I may even do so again at this (It's Bath, it's them or the Tories under aforementioned shit system). But if Labour can unseat Clegg in Sheffield Hallam I shall be dancing around my flat at 4am and laughing myself into a hernia.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 17:37:40 »

I really don't get this argument. The Lib Dems manifesto said what they would do if they won the election.

They didn't win the election but by forming a government with the Tories they were able to get some of the stuff they wanted.

They were never get it all and they had to make concessions. I think Clegg did a pretty good job with the negotiations.
You really don't get why people get pissed off at them for abandoning their key principles, ones that were absolutely fundamental in people voting for them, in order to power share?

Ok then....

That reminds me, add to the list people who vote for a party simply because they/their family always have done .
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:04:41 »

No one should be allowed to become an MP until they have done a proper job for at least ten years.

Example in point Ed Milliband, a professional politico who would not know what a days work is if it bit him in the arse!

Too many like him telling the rest of us that they know best. Wankers all.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:52:15 »

Vote Green!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 19:22:18 »

Russell Brand is trying to sell a book
Nigel Farage is looking for celebrity and leads a rag tag bunch of dangerous nutters
Nick Clegg is responsible for an unelectable party that has no proper policies
Ed Milliband is unelectable
David Cameron is slimy and cringeworthy

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:02:09 »

You really don't get why people get pissed off at them for abandoning their key principles, ones that were absolutely fundamental in people voting for them, in order to power share?

So it would have been better for them to hold their ground, refuse to make the concession, not to be a part of the government and to have absolutely zero of their policies implemented? The poorest people in the country would have got shafted even more by the Tories, but the Lib Dems would have still had their principles intact - which is all that counts right?

I can understand people being pissed off but you also need to live in the real world. Though if you want to have a go at them, it should be them making a promise they could never guarantee to keep, rather than the breaking of it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:08:22 »

I think this coming election and the summer following could be extremely interesting...

Tory - whatever happens Cameron is going to have a massive problem post election regarding Europe - in power they are going to push for a referendum if out of power  (if he survives) party going to want to head right.

Labour  - it get it would have to rapidly come up with some policies... If don't get in Unions already stated they may split which would remove most funding and hugely change the political landscape.

Lib Dems - I  suspect in for a kicking, however what would the Tories done without their calming influence!  However if they can cut loose post election and find a leader post Clegg i do wonder what will happen going forward?

UKIP - I wonder at what stage will they become a mainstream party and begin to be treated and subject to critical scrutiny as per the others. Can you imagine the outcry if one of the other leaders made some of the statements Farage makes!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:09:52 »

Vote Green!
Please don't! Having had Green local councillors for 10+ plus years up here they are the ultimate one issue party.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:12:22 »

UKIP - I wonder at what stage will they become a mainstream party and begin to be treated and subject to critical scrutiny as per the others. Can you imagine the outcry if one of the other leaders made some of the statements Farage makes!

They get tons of scrutiny. Every time one of them says something mental they go up in the polls. It's baffling.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:26:36 »

Well I'm surprised to read more on the Lib Dems here than virtually everyone else, and much of it a sight more balanced than their media portrayal. I didn't vote because as an ex-pat of more than 15 years' standing, I don't get to vote anywhere any more (but that's a grudge for another day), but I think the LDs get precious little credit for a lot of work they've done in tempering the Tories, while being predictably rogered by them at every turn. They took that risk when they opted to sleep with the devil rather than be held responsible for forcing a second election, but I'm sorry that they'll inevitably get hammered next time round, while dribbling knee-jerks like Farage are given the benefit of the doubt simply because no-one has yet seen what an almighty clusterfuck his merry band of bigots and retards would offer up given the faintest sniff of real responsibility for anything.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:27:28 »

White, working class, ex Labour, ex Union card carrying member and non skilled. Nobody speaks for the real working class anymore.

UKIP will get my vote this time round, maybe the election after that. By then they will be discovered as Tories with a European fixation. then back to spoiling my ballet

So in answer to your question, eight years max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: