Pages: 1 ... 805 806 807 [808] 809 810 811 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2012645 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12105 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:10:06 »

Surely you lefties cannot be surprised at the result?

So if you think BJ is doing a terrible job you are a leftie?  41% of the conservative parties are lefties then Cheesy. I think it's about what I expected, expected him to win but lose face massively - exactly what has happened.  The beginning of the end for BJ, he will struggle to get anything passed. This just puts up in bright lights what we already knew, the Tories are a mess and a divided party.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12106 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:11:10 »

indeed

the start of the reset of the Tory party away from the lying charlatans that hijacked it.

hope he survives until the next GE in some ways
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #12107 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:12:17 »

indeed

the start of the reset of the Tory party away from the lying charlatans that hijacked it.

hope he survives until the next GE in some ways

Agreed, mind you the Tories would be very brave to stick him up as the Tory candidate next time around

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12108 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:13:55 »

So if you think BJ is doing a terrible job you are a leftie?  41% of the conservative parties are lefties then Cheesy. I think it's about what I expected, expected him to win but lose face massively - exactly what has happened.  The beginning of the end for BJ, he will struggle to get anything passed. This just puts up in bright lights what we already knew, the Tories are a mess and a divided party.

Buys him time to put things right, if he can. Either way, the world still spins and I get up for work tomorrow, I really don’t give a fuck. However, I love the wailing and gnashing of of teeth on this site. Gives me a warm feeling. Still each day brings us all nearer the next GE. Fun times, fun times.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #12109 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:17:11 »

I think all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be on the tory back benches, not on here.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12110 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:19:04 »

Ah Teflon, bit like a certain Anthony Blair?

What on earth has that got to do with anything?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12111 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:20:35 »

Oh I get it. You're trying to stoke an argument with whataboutery. You really miss PaulD don't you?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12112 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:37:42 »

Oh I get it. You're trying to stoke an argument with whataboutery. You really miss PaulD don't you?

🤣🤣 no, I don’t need to Stoke an argument on this site, the spontaneously combust out of nowhere, or hadn’t you noticed? Who?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12113 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 20:57:52 »

Yes, but what about Lord Palmerston?

In football terms, this feels a bit like Sheridan suggesting he was resigning and then showing up on Monday and saying he'd decided to carry on.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #12114 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 21:47:53 »

PPE Contracts for their pals whilst business owners and the rest of the world struggled, Wine time and music whilst the country lost their nearest and dearest and cheese boards and castles whilst loved ones were told to socially distance at funerals.

Rotten party, rotten people.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12115 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 07:28:44 »

Poor by election results and he's a goner I would imagine

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12116 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 08:01:54 »

This just puts up in bright lights what we already knew, the Tories are a mess and a divided party.

Yep, they've gone all labour.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12117 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 08:07:47 »

In all honesty if there was a snap general election I would have no clue who to vote for. More than likely not the 'top 2' parties anyway. Such a shame politicians in general appear so unlikeable these days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12118 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 09:01:12 »

Doesn't Keir have the power to call on a vote of no confidence in parliament? If 40something % of his own party want him out, then surely BJ has no way of surviving?

Not exactly sure how that works. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #12119 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 09:02:10 »

I don't really care if they are likeable, just competent and (relatively) honest would be an improvement on what we have today.  

The next general election is going to be like the last, people voting for parties that they wouldn't usually vote for, for reasons that are nothing to do with their manifesto.  The last general election was all about whether you wanted Brexit or not, nothing to do with the party manifesto - the next one will all be about making sure that the current chancers in charge no longer are.  In my opinion, their only chance of staying in power in the next GE went last night, when the majority of the of the tory MP's went into self preservation mode.  Quite funny really if we didn't have to live with them for the next 2 years.

Pages: 1 ... 805 806 807 [808] 809 810 811 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: