Pages: 1 ... 754 755 756 [757] 758 759 760 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011228 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11340 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:50:40 »

North of the border now so it's Scottish parliamentary elections here. Get a constituency vote and a list vote which has every nutter known to man on it. The Scottish Family Party are my favourites, very much old school Christian right feel to them, proper nuts, none of this social media friendly right-winger stuff you get in Foxy.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11341 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 09:23:46 »

North of the border now so it's Scottish parliamentary elections here. Get a constituency vote and a list vote which has every nutter known to man on it. The Scottish Family Party are my favourites, very much old school Christian right feel to them, proper nuts, none of this social media friendly right-winger stuff you get in Foxy.

Same here.  Has to be the most complicated vote casting I've ever been involved in this morning.

Your post reminded me of something that happened to us this weekend.  We're also newly arrived in Scotland and my 12 yr old, who had never been to Edinburgh, demanded we take him there.  He's quite in to politics now, so we marched down the Royal Mile to see the Parliament.  (Bit of a let down, if I'm honest.)  And spotted a rally nearby.  So popped on our masks to take a look.

It was only after getting lots of funny looks, and then realising that we were the only ones actually wearing masks in the crowd - and then spotting the 'masks are for muggers' placards that the penny dropped.  We'd wandered in to a gathering of the Scottish Libertarians.  Sharp exit followed.  And no, they didn't get my vote this morning.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11342 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 09:56:39 »

Same here.  Has to be the most complicated vote casting I've ever been involved in this morning.

Your post reminded me of something that happened to us this weekend.  We're also newly arrived in Scotland and my 12 yr old, who had never been to Edinburgh, demanded we take him there.  He's quite in to politics now, so we marched down the Royal Mile to see the Parliament.  (Bit of a let down, if I'm honest.)  And spotted a rally nearby.  So popped on our masks to take a look.

It was only after getting lots of funny looks, and then realising that we were the only ones actually wearing masks in the crowd - and then spotting the 'masks are for muggers' placards that the penny dropped.  We'd wandered in to a gathering of the Scottish Libertarians.  Sharp exit followed.  And no, they didn't get my vote this morning.

What branch of Libertarians do they fall into, the racist ones who like to claim they are not racist by trying to argue they have a political ideology, the contrary ones who are tedious wankers who will moan and argue about everything or those who actually have Libertarian ideology?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11343 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 10:20:09 »

I see we are making massive bell ends of ourselves on the world stage again today.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11344 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 11:29:33 »

I see we are making massive bell ends of ourselves on the world stage again today.

Election in 3, 2, 1...and, release the gunboats!

The Brexit faithful jingo-juices are well & truly flowing this morning.  Kill the fishing industry, then send in the Navy to make it look like you give a shit.  They've not had a jizz-fest like this one at the Daily Mail since the Falklands War.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11345 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 11:38:41 »

Yep, damned Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57008220
Flashheart

« Reply #11346 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 11:52:55 »

Oh, come on.

You must surely understand the reason for the growth and that it has fuck all to do with Brexit?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #11347 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 11:54:27 »

Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11348 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 11:55:38 »

Quote from: horlock07

Two warships seems mild

They have farted in our general direction, and accused our mothers of being hampsters, and our fathers smelling of elderberries
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11349 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 12:34:05 »

Oh, come on.

You must surely understand the reason for the growth and that it has fuck all to do with Brexit?

Yet still predicted to outstrip the EU big guns, even though our GDP was hardest hit in 2020. The brexit effect or something else?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11350 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 12:37:00 »

Yet still predicted to outstrip the EU big guns, even though our GDP was hardest hit in 2020.
Do you have a link please? That isn't referenced in the Beeb article

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11351 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 12:51:09 »

Yet still predicted to outstrip the EU big guns, even though our GDP was hardest hit in 2020. The brexit effect or something else?

One would imagine our being somewhat ahead of the EU zone in vaccinations would have some effect...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11352 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 12:58:04 »

Do you have a link please? That isn't referenced in the Beeb article

https://www.pwc.co.uk/who-we-are/regional-sites/northern-ireland/press-releases/world-in-2050.html
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #11353 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 13:00:03 »

It's a bit like Trump cheerleading the largest increase in jobs in the US in history (on the back of the largest reduction in jobs due to Covid - twat).  The economy was always going to have a big bounce on the back of the massive Covid restrictions, it is not really news IMO.

It is really difficult at the moment to see what the real impact is of pretty much everything as the economy is still suffering the effects of Covid and will for some time, and this has made it hard to measure, hidden, or excused for now, a lot of the impacts of Brexit (depending on who you listen to I suppose).  Notwithstanding of course the impact on the fishing industry, farmers, exporters, importers, hauliers, manufacturers...

...pretty much a lot of people other than high-end wall paper suppliers  Cheesy

No one kills a thread like me....
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11354 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 13:08:23 »

The UK and EU are both bouncing back from Covid and 2020, the prediction from the IMF is the UK GDP will increase by 5.3% whilst the EU will by 4.5%.
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 756 [757] 758 759 760 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: