Pages: 1 ... 751 752 753 [754] 755 756 757 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010656 times)

Ignore
« Reply #11295 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:19:50 »

Not having extreme political leanings. I'd have thought you'd have been clever enough to work that out? My mistake.

Define what you perceive as "extreme political leanings" please. I ask because what you think is extreme someone else may not.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11296 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:20:30 »

He was either absolutely plastered last night or I genuinely think Hobodan might actually have issues (no shit sherlock!). Looking back on his earlier posts he came across relatively pleasant. Decent football conversation and even showed a passion in photography. This appeared to change after some terror incidents, the EU vote and the general election during the political thread which over the last 4 years or so has become absolutely toxic at times. Hobodan did admit to going to not having anyone to go to football with before so perhaps is very lonely and has been indoctrinated by propoganda on the web. Either that or he's just a very bored troll. There is an anxiety thread specifically for that Hobodan, talk it out, don't just hate everything and become abusive.

Discussion of political matters quickly turns to abuse and then become a slanging match between the 'lefties/antifa' and the 'nazis' and to be quite honest is absolutely pathetic. People can have left political views without being a violent raging anarchist and likewise someone with right political views aren't the spawn of hitler. Choosing to abuse, rather than engage in discussion is dividing society.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:24:03 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11297 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:41:50 »

Discussion of political matters quickly turns to abuse and then become a slanging match between the 'lefties/antifa' and the 'nazis' and to be quite honest is absolutely pathetic. People can have left political views without being a violent raging anarchist and likewise someone with right political views aren't the spawn of hitler. Choosing to abuse, rather than engage in discussion is dividing society.
Perfectly summed up. Having a different opinion is not an offence. You can respect others views and disagree.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11298 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:44:28 »

Perfectly summed up. Having a different opinion is not an offence. You can respect others views and disagree.

Agree entirely, but the last few pages of this thread have seen a poster openly expressing that he is a Nazi or pretending to be one for trolling purposes. There's no parallel to be drawn between that and expressing mainstream right or even hard right views, and the fact he's not been banned yet is a shame on the forum. This isn't a "change his avatar and call him a prick" situation, this is a "ban him, ban his IP and ban any sock puppet accounts he has" thing.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:46:58 by Nemo » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #11299 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 09:04:39 »

You can respect others views and disagree.

I cannot respect the views being spouted by this tool. If you do respect them then frankly you need to have a word with yourself.

One can respect somebody's *right* to say what they want, but not what they actually say.

Not directed at you, Chalky, but too many people seem to think the right to expressing an opinion protects them from criticism and/or the potential consequences. It doesn't work like that. It would be extremely hypocritical to say everybody can say what they want but people are not allowed to respond to other peoples' comments as they see fit.

"It's just my opinion" is not a valid excuse for being a twat. That it is their opinion is the entire fucking problem.

If I were still an admin I'd have booted the cunt by now. Even if he is just trolling (which I suspect he is). But I'm not so that's somebody else's problem now.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 16, 2021, 09:07:19 by Flashheart » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11300 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 09:16:18 »

Agree entirely, but the last few pages of this thread have seen a poster openly expressing that he is a Nazi or pretending to be one for trolling purposes. There's no parallel to be drawn between that and expressing mainstream right or even hard right views, and the fact he's not been banned yet is a shame on the forum. This isn't a "change his avatar and call him a prick" situation, this is a "ban him, ban his IP and ban any sock puppet accounts he has" thing.
+1

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11301 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 09:18:30 »

If I were still an admin I'd have booted the cunt by now. Even if he is just trolling (which I suspect he is). But I'm not so that's somebody else's problem now.
He may have some issues mentally.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #11302 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:06:48 »

Re: hobodan

In our defence (as mods) it's quite difficult to stay on top of what's going on in all threads without reading every post.

I'm not sure what's been said or done and unless people use the report function, sometimes some of us would never know what's happened.

Give us a heads up when you see issues please (using the "report to moderator" function in the bottom right of each post) and it gives us a chance to do something. Thanks  Blow Kiss
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11303 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:32:16 »

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/members/hobodan.42438/#about

Handsome chap!
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #11304 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 12:59:47 »

Re: hobodan

In our defence (as mods) it's quite difficult to stay on top of what's going on in all threads without reading every post.

I'm not sure what's been said or done and unless people use the report function, sometimes some of us would never know what's happened.

Give us a heads up when you see issues please (using the "report to moderator" function in the bottom right of each post) and it gives us a chance to do something. Thanks  Blow Kiss

My apologies - I should have just done that sooner and saved myself a lot of grief.  I will plead ignorance re report function (OK, piss poor excuse  Cheesy) and thanks for the pointer/reminder  Smiley

No one kills a thread like me....
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11305 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 17:14:47 »

The EU are looking to harmonise tax rates across the EU. The EU only appear to have one approach, more EU.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11306 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 17:25:41 »

The EU are looking to harmonise tax rates across the EU. The EU only appear to have one approach, more EU.

Hardly surprising, it is one of the stated aims from the original Rome Treaty.  Just because our Country were clearly too lay to read the thing before joining it's not a stick to beat the club with, they are just doing what they openly state they want to do - closer political, economic and social cohesion, a way of breaking down the causes of the previous World Wars.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11307 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 18:35:45 »

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey. As I have said before, (financial minds far beyond my level of understanding have said exactly the same) they need to harmonise ALL tax rates, what can and cannot be taxed, ALL spending on everything to underpin the €, a one size fits all. Just like a sovereign country would do. As it stands the the German banks, sorry, ECB cannot go on printing money and buying up debt like there is no tomorrow without seriously undermining the € &  EU project, which as we now know is a federal United States of Europe. There will at some point sovereign nations will be in name only. If it works for them, well done, however, I fear there will be massive civil unrest, particularly in the poorer Mediterranean countries and Italy too, which has debt to GDP of a third world country, with seemingly no way out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11308 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 18:57:30 »

Does it matter, we are not in the EU...

Sent from my SM-A125F
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11309 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 19:26:26 »

Does it matter, we are not in the EU...

Sent from my SM-A125F
It probably matters as much as anyone quoting what we have missed by leaving
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 753 [754] 755 756 757 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: