Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town could be the quiet men  (Read 15374 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 06:00:01 »

Town could be the quiet men

MARK Cooper is hoping his players will relish playing in the big stadium atmosphere of Valley Parade when Swindon Town visit tomorrow.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11469060.Town_could_be_the_quiet_men/?ref=rss

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 09:04:21 »

Can someone explain this bit to me?

Quote from: Mark Cooper
It’s not always playing a big one against a big one for the sake of it. We might think whoever our biggest one is can’t deal with Hanson aerially anyway, because he’s that good in the air we might pick a smaller one.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 09:16:19 »

Something about a 90s pop group and a TV aerial. I don't think he can get very good reception.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 09:44:37 »

Can someone explain this bit to me?

Think he's saying that Hanson will probably win flick on's against whoever we put against him, so use the centre halves to mark the Intended targets where they'll get more chance to clear.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:07:50 »

Think he's saying that Hanson will probably win flick on's against whoever we put against him, so use the centre halves to mark the Intended targets where they'll get more chance to clear.
I think you are right, but it doesn't hurt to mark him with a bigger player who may be able to beat him in the air but he is one of the best target men in this league.

Apparently Yeovil beat them last week by packing the midfield with 3 central midfielders with some pace and Bradford couldn't deal with that......sounds ideal.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:25:01 »

I think you are right, but it doesn't hurt to mark him with a bigger player who may be able to beat him in the air but he is one of the best target men in this league.

Apparently Yeovil beat them last week by packing the midfield with 3 central midfielders with some pace and Bradford couldn't deal with that......sounds ideal.

Tomorrow will be a good test....first of the away games v a norvern hoofball team, and there's plenty of them this season.

kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:27:35 »

You would think our 'style' is perfectly set up to counter hoofball.

I'm expecting a win
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:36:27 »

You would think our 'style' is perfectly set up to counter hoofball.

I'm expecting a win

But our defence is very inexperienced, and may not cope too well under the barrage.  I'm expecting a defeat  Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:48:45 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:46:30 »

Before a barrage can start they have to get the ball. no one has managed to do that with any regularity against us this season. I'd take a point but quietly confident of a win.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:46:46 »

I read on the Bradford Forum that if Swindon play football they will play us off the park as with Hanson in the side, their tactic is to lump it up to him.

Quietly confident.

Someone said Iraq were playing on Sunday, is Yaser back? We have good cover in midfield with Reeves ready to step in and Rogers back in training.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:55:20 »

Bradford will put a big side out, sit back & try to bully us, I'm sure of that. Just got to hope we can find a killer touch in the final third!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:57:07 »

Bradford will put a big side out, sit back & try to bully us, I'm sure of that. Just got to hope we can find a killer touch in the final third!
Hopefully making his debut will bag a couple.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 10:58:14 »

Big and immobile.

We'll run rings round them
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:00:03 »

Before a barrage can start they have to get the ball. no one has managed to do that with any regularity against us this season. I'd take a point but quietly confident of a win.

I'm wary of what is known in Spain, as the FIFA virus, namely your big players come back from international breaks, either with their heads in the clouds, or knackered out by jet lag.  Under these circumstances your usual nurturers of possession, make more concessions than a No, Westminster politician in Glasgow.
laufav

« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:09:10 »

But our defence is very inexperienced, and may not cope too well under the barrage.  I'm expecting a defeat  Smiley

Zzz
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: