Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town could be the quiet men  (Read 15371 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:20:14 »

Zzz

Ha ha...my stalkers's back Naughty
kerry red

« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:38:42 »

Reg's Comic Book Hero

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:56:10 »

I read on the Bradford Forum that if Swindon play football they will play us off the park as with Hanson in the side, their tactic is to lump it up to him.

Quietly confident.

Someone said Iraq were playing on Sunday, is Yaser back? We have good cover in midfield with Reeves ready to step in and Rogers back in training.

Iraq under 23's are starting their Asian Games campaign. Yaser should be back as he's too old.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 12:47:19 »

Iraq under 23's are starting their Asian Games campaign. Yaser should be back as he's too old.

Ah right, thanks.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 14:57:55 »

Reg's Comic Book Hero

I always liked the Silver Surfer...mainly from the rarity value, but was a big fan of the Mighty Thor. Forever People from the DC franchise showed promise.

My first loss of potentially valuable comics occured at Clarence St school, when the bag of comics which I'd steadily acquired from a stall in the old Market, was confiscated as being inimical to an English schoolboy's moral well being and destroyed....how times change.

We've won 5 of the last 25 away league games, and lost 13....as I said it's a good test, but expecting to lose is just facing facts.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:01:10 »

We've won 5 of the last 25 away league games, and lost 13....as I said it's a good test, but expecting to lose is just facing facts.

Yes Reg. Because form never changes, does it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:11:19 »

Yes Reg. Because form never changes, does it?

Clearly our form needs to change, if a sortie on the high end of the table is to be achieved....which is why I say it's a good test.

Louis Thompson in his little bit in the Adver, feels that we've turned the corner away from home, so now time to prove it...just that I've been long enough a Town fan to know that sometimes words don't match deeds, so no expectation on my part.

If you want to believe we're about to go on an 85/86 style run, then fine, don't let me stop you.
kerry red

« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:15:03 »

All those 1-0s - luvverly
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:15:52 »

If you want to believe we're about to go on an 85/86 style run, then fine, don't let me stop you.

Did I say that? No, no I didn't.

In our last 10 competitive away games we have lost 4, drawn 3 and won 3. Going by YOUR logic, a loss is the LEAST likely result. You see, I can manipulate facts to my liking as well.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:17:31 »

I am of course stating the obvious by saying our away form was the issue last season and being honest, I have seen no incomings to rectify that - I was hoping for some experienced heads to be brought in.

Frustratingly, I can see this season playing out exactly as the last one did.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:19:58 »

I'm quite at home with Reg's approach. I think of myself as an optimistic sort of person, but I always go into away games expecting to lose, not only because that's statistically the most common outcome, but also so as:

A) to be pleasantly surprised by a better outcome;
B) to mitigate my despondency when we lose;
C) to avoid appearing hubristic.

Works for me. Don't know why it should upset anyone else.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:20:27 »

In our last 10 competitive away games we have lost 4, drawn 3 and won 3. Going by YOUR logic, a loss is the LEAST likely result. You see, I can manipulate facts to my liking as well.

Hmmm 

Have you ever considered a job in a Tory government?  Your manipulation would seem well suited.
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:21:15 »

Just facing facts, Reg.  Wink
kerry red

« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:21:48 »

The only thing that fecked us last season was those shite 10 odd games before the Stephens/Troy combo.

Cutting that down to just an average run should see us in the top 6
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:24:50 »

Poorly it would seem Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: