Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town could be the quiet men  (Read 15354 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:27:49 »

Poorly it would seem Smiley

I was never pretending that it is an accurate representation of what we can expect. Was just making a point.  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:33:12 »

The only thing that fecked us last season was those shite 10 odd games before the Stephens/Troy combo.

Cutting that down to just an average run should see us in the top 6

Had we we won at 3 of the 4 relegated clubs we'd have made the PO's.

We may need to have a look at the Stephen/Turnball/Thompson triumverate, before we get too carried away.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:37:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 15:55:40 »

We may need to have a look at the Stephen/Turnball/Thompson triumverate, before we get too carried away.

On that, Reg, I agree.

But if it is too soon to be confident, then how is it not too soon to be pessimistic? How is it reasonable to expect a loss, but not reasonable to expect a win or a draw?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:21:30 »

On that, Reg, I agree.

But if it is too soon to be confident, then how is it not too soon to be pessimistic? How is it reasonable to expect a loss, but not reasonable to expect a win or a draw?
You do have a good point there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:25:06 »

On that, Reg, I agree.

Shock Friday news is Reg being pessimistic. Can we have a Friday statement please?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:33:09 »

You do have a good point there.

No he doesn't. Reg is right to remain cautious until and unless we start building a good away record. It's not slagging off our team to say that it's too early to expect an away win. Everyone knows our team, and especially our back three, are still familiarising themselves with their roles.

And without wishing to piss on anyone's bonfires, this time last year everyone was similarly excited about our sexy football, which subsequently evaporated away from home between about mid-Sep till March.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:37:21 »

There's a significant difference between being cautious and predicting the negative. And has anybody stated that they expect an away win? It's a strawman fallacy.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:42:12 »

No he doesn't. Reg is right to remain cautious until and unless we start building a good away record. It's not slagging off our team to say that it's too early to expect an away win. Everyone knows our team, and especially our back three, are still familiarising themselves with their roles.

And without wishing to piss on anyone's bonfires, this time last year everyone was similarly excited about our sexy football, which subsequently evaporated away from home between about mid-Sep till March.
Of course he is right, what gives anybody the right to be grumpy but not the right to be optimistic?

Its an opinion.

This is not about facts its about opinions, why is yours and Reg's more valid than anyone elses?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:52:06 »

There's a significant difference between being cautious and predicting the negative. And has anybody stated that they expect an away win? It's a strawman fallacy.

Yep, I did. Away win for me. Nailed on!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:54:17 »

This is the worst thread ever
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:55:19 »

This is the worst thread ever
It improved when you posted.

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 16:55:53 »

Thanks Steve Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:20:55 »

Yep, I did. Away win for me. Nailed on!

Let's hope you're on a roll, after getting the England match right on Monday....
kerry red

« Reply #43 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:22:30 »

Got 9/5 on Town.

Like buying money
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: