Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Scunthorpe United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30112 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 18:53:56 »

He was getting done time and time again yesterday, not surprised he gave up and got himself sent off
We did comment that ordinarily going down to 10 men would leave you with a hole to fill but in his case, there was already a gaping void anyway.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:17:05 »

He was a wonderful comedy player, despite a bald head he failed to head straight once in the entire game.

I thought it was Curtis Flemming for the first hour, then remembered that would make him about 45
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 21:38:48 »

They had that as an away kit in the 92/93 season. I can't believe some one saw fit to bring it back Huh?

City wore that kit went they won at Liverpool in the FA Cup in 93/94. That's why it is so loved by there fans. They didn't show the same love for Brian Tinnion when he became manager with City fans abusing him in the street
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #183 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 07:04:28 »

OS highlights are up. Bit more build up play included.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 08:08:43 »

He was getting done time and time again yesterday, not surprised he gave up and got himself sent off

Judging by Scunthorpe fans comments on the way out, they don't rate him at all and were quite happy he was sent off!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 08:37:57 »

I wrote something on the train back but it got deleted somehow so my thoughts on Saturday.

First up this season we have a potential heart attack victim sat 3 seats away. For the first 3 minutes of the game he was getting so angry and kept bellowing 'Forward, get it forward'. If he's going to continue in that vein this season it's going to be very annoying.

Anyway we scored and he pretty much shut up. Great work from Byrne and Gladwin in all of our goals. As has been mentioned before our defence didn't look very tight and JMW for Scunny was putting in some brilliant deliveries which was causing us lots of problems. Somehow we were 3-1 up at half time and not 4-2 down! Second half we were excellent and kept the ball brilliantly. It was a shame we couldn't have got a 4th which some of our play deserved.

Of the players, its a shame Nathan Thompson isn't taller as he was brilliant in bringing the ball out from the back. Lelan didn't impress me at all, barely won a header and glad when Branco replaced him. Turnbull looked goodish, better than Lelan anyway. First half Gladwin was excellent, he seems to know when to time the pass well, I think him playing just behind the striker is where he might excel this season. He faded in the second half though. Luongo and Kasim were brilliant, ran the midfield. Byrne was my MOM, he had their left back on toast, probably why he got sent off when he lost the rag. Brad Smith is rapid and is going to be an asset this season, I'm sure. I would have liked to have seen him used a bit more, it seemed we were looking to go right at every opportunity.

Up front, Smith did what he does and scored 2 poachers goals. Williams looked eager and sharp when he came on and once he gets a goal will be good for 10 this season I reckon.

Overall, pleasing game and with such a young side, and possibly Stephens and a striker or 2 to come in, we should have enough to be nearer the top than the bottom of the table I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #186 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 09:34:29 »

Anyone else think we got Lelan in to cover while we tie up Stephens?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 09:39:11 »

Touching on Williams actually, he very nearly scored with what must have been his second, if not first, touch. Ball came into the area and he'd beaten the keeper only to have it blocked on the line by one of the Scunny players. Very unlucky. His issue is that he needs to stop putting his head in his hands and glaring into the sky when he doesn't get the ball or doesn't score. He always does that and it gets on my tits, keep your eyes on the deck Willo. As is typical with our nearly out-of-contract players, he'll probably play brilliantly this season and get 10/15. If Smith goes through a run of injury, he could even hit the 20 mark.

Best thing was he didn't loiter around offside or drop his shoulder and run off the Scunthorpe defence looking for a through ball that never came like he used to. Hallelujah.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 09:42:58 »

I hadn't thought of that, but now you mention it, that could well be quite a good shout.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 09:50:55 »

That's my theory too Jayo. Well I'm hoping that's the case anyway.
Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 10:10:17 »

Yep
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #191 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 10:12:58 »

That's my theory too Jayo. Well I'm hoping that's the case anyway.
I was talking the other day to another Town fan and we both said that was the likely reason for his signing on loan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 10:27:07 »

Spot on. When I spoke to Cooper before the Feltham game he said they had brought in Lelan 'to have a look at him'. I think more likely is for cover until Stephens is brought in. If we can also get Seabourne as well, I think that would be good to have an 'experienced' head in the squad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #193 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 10:31:02 »

Where did Seabourne crop up
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #194 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 10:37:22 »

Spot on. When I spoke to Cooper before the Feltham game he said they had brought in Lelan 'to have a look at him'. I think more likely is for cover until Stephens is brought in. If we can also get Seabourne as well, I think that would be good to have an 'experienced' head in the squad.
Seaborne is a new one on me, where you hear that one mate?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: