Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Scunthorpe United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30011 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 18:53:47 »

Of course it is, I do have a working knowledge of H&S and asked the fireman how they got it - and apparently the club had told them that the emergency signal works on a separate system, which they tried today and that totally failed!!  Trouble ahead!!

Oh dear
Power will have to splash some cash
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 18:54:00 »

Very enjoyable game.
Defense looked dodgy in the first half, but with three debutantes in defence you can forgive that.
3-1 at half time, but could've been 4-4 what with our stonewall penalty that wasn't given and the amount of chances they missed!

Going forward we looked quick and decisive, the first two goals were great, quick first time balls into the box left the Scunny defence off guard.

2nd half we bossed it, looked much better at the back and took control in midfield and how we didn't get a couple more goals I don't  know.

Luongo and Kasim were great in the middle, Byrne was my MOM and a mention to Brad Smith who, considering his lack of training, looks like he could be a good addition. Quick, good on the ball and strong. If we can get Jack Stephens in this week i'll be a lot happier.

Great start to the new campaign.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 19:16:16 »

Very enjoyable game.
Defense looked dodgy in the first half, but with three debutantes in defence you can forgive that.
3-1 at half time, but could've been 4-4 what with our stonewall penalty that wasn't given and the amount of chances they missed!

Going forward we looked quick and decisive, the first two goals were great, quick first time balls into the box left the Scunny defence off guard.

2nd half we bossed it, looked much better at the back and took control in midfield and how we didn't get a couple more goals I don't  know.

Luongo and Kasim were great in the middle, Byrne was my MOM and a mention to Brad Smith who, considering his lack of training, looks like he could be a good addition. Quick, good on the ball and strong. If we can get Jack Stephens in this week i'll be a lot happier.

Accurate write up
Very enjoyable start to season
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 19:43:00 »

Some things we already knew:

Kasim and Luongo are fucking class

Wes is now, IMO, the best keeper we've ever had

Now for the rest

Strange that although the 2nd half was 0-0 we were so much better than the first half.

Scintillating going forward and much tighter at the back - which wouldn't be difficult as the first half could/should have been
3-3

Surprising plus points: Byrne had his best game ever in a Town shirt, really good.

Brad Smith, whilst not doing that much, looks like he takes a c racking corner which is a change from last year.

Get the defence sorted and we've got a cracking side.

I can see us struggling away when the pressure is on.

Oh, please Coops, no more of Nathan Thompson at CB

FRASER DIGBY Huh?Huh?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 19:44:52 »

I'm in shock...totally different to a predicted draw...

Rode our luck at stages but overall I reckon we deserved it.

Monkey off our back and Chuckles Cooper with no real signings close season gets a credit from me!

Smith is fantastic at this level...if we can get another 'holding' forward alongside him.....he will improve.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 19:45:50 »

FRASER DIGBY Huh?Huh?

Picky cunt!  Smiley

Clems Army!
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, August 9, 2014, 23:32:31 »

Very enjoyable game.

Everything Gingho said. Plus I have Egg on my Face. Brilliant first game of the season.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 00:15:13 »

We were fuckingb ace. Defence us going to leave us with our hearts in our mouths at times but they have a combined age of 51 between the 3 of them so they get a pass from me. Lelan and Turnbull look like competent CBs. Shame Willo couldn't get a goal.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 06:11:40 »

Talking to one of the firemen there, it is going to cost £28,000 to do the tannoy, which they say is beyond them - tight asses!! 

I don't know much about contract electrician work, but sounds like a lot of money for 10 speakers and a couple of hundred yards of electrical cable! Maybe I am in the wrong job  Hmmm
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 07:09:29 »

We looked fresh and up for it yesterday. We played well too. Great passing and movent at times. Liked seeing the wing backs come forward. Byrne had a good game as did Kasim and Mass was very good in the 2nd half. Defence is still a conern though. Tougher tests lie ahead no doubt but that was a decent start.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 07:34:59 »

Said before the game that, win lose or draw, I'd not put too much stock in the result as a gauge on how our season will pan out. We've all seen some weird results on opening day. Difficult not to get carried away though as some of the football we played yesterday was sublime. The defence looked the weak link but we need to remember that as a unit they hadn't played together before (Not even in friendlies).

The addition of Stephens will get expectations soaring again.

Thought Michael Smith had a decent game. Strikers are paid to score goals and he bagged 2. If he keeps scoring then why concentrate on his limitations? Some of the people behind me yesterday were moaning about him all game! Gladwin looked promising and our midfield were great.

Shame I'll now miss a few games, roll on Coventry!

It's All Good..............
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 08:26:44 »

Kasim is starting to remind me of Ray McHale and if he is half the player he was we are on are way boys!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #162 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 09:15:07 »

Having a read of the Scunny forums there were a few good comments from their fans...

Their defence wasn’t the best but the difference was clearly Luongo and Kasim who ran the show. They looked a good outfit and I was impressed with how they moved the ball around.

I’m concerned about how slow Llera looked for their second goal and in the 2nd half our midfield was completely overrun and I was relieved that we came away with only losing 3-1.

But, even given our terrible defending, I thought Swindon were very good and on the back of that performance I have taken some of the 28/1 each way on them getting promoted. I like the fact that Llera was trying to play it out from the back. Swindon’s Number 2 (the Gladstone Small lookalike) showed how it should be done – when he received the ball from the keeper he moved forward quickly when there was empty space in front of him, which meant that their plays then started from the half way line.

On the positive side, Swindon’s keeper was very good yesterday and with a bit of luck and a bit more composure we could have scored 4.

Best player – Yaser Kasim. Different class. Controlled the game and barely broke sweat. This is the quality we should be looking for.

3 shots and 3 goals from a workmanlike Swindon side youth and passion in abundance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 09:18:31 »

Having slept on it, couple more thoughts.

- The team saw that Byrne was doing well down the right and so started to give him the ball regularly. Whilst this was good, there were periods of the second half where Brad Smith had miles of space on the left and the ball was central and could have been sent to him, but there was no service.
- Linked to this, Kasim and Luongo are still learning. This is patently obvious when they decide when to shoot or pass. 50% of their decisions are against where they should be. It's easy enough to forget how young they are, as they are the spine of the midfield.
kerry red

« Reply #164 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 09:26:27 »

Liked a comment on the Scunny forum describing our No. 2 as 'a Gladstone Small lookalike'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: