Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentfords chairman has put £40 miilion into club  (Read 6775 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 16:35:43 »

Don't understand why some people seem to hate Bournemouth so much tbh. But I'd be nervous of what happens when the wheels come off/the Russian wants his money back if I were them, esp with the interest rates he's charging

Same. Don't understand the hate towards them.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 16:40:59 »

Same. Don't understand the hate towards them.

I think it goes back to the signing of Ritchie (on the cheap) and a couple of their fans coming on here giving it large because they had taken advantage of us when we were in a bad place.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 16:49:35 »

I think it goes back to the signing of Ritchie (on the cheap) and a couple of their fans coming on here giving it large because they had taken advantage of us when we were in a bad place.

Exactly right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 19:17:21 »

That's it? Happens all the time. Sometimes we do it to others, sometimes they do it to us.
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:12:22 »

Football is as much about despising other clubs and individuals as it is about supporting your own club.

I dislike Bornmuff, Luton and, for some reason I can't remember, West Brom.

I despise Oxford and Oxfordshire
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:19:17 »

Bornmuff deserve to be despised for taking £80k from us for Shaun Close.
kerry red

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:25:42 »

God, did we pay real money for him?

One of the time honoured Swindon tanglefoots
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:27:44 »

God, did we pay real money for him?

One of the time honoured Swindon tanglefoots
and I saw both his goals for us ..........and the vast majority of games he was fucking useless in, sometimes he was just useless. He'd fit in well in today's team.
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:30:05 »

He was on a par with that ginger nutted fucker we paid £150,000 for from Hull( ?) whose name evades me at the moment.

Reg where are you?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:31:15 »

Is that Roy Greenwood you're thinking of? We paid a lot for him, can't remember who we signed him from though? Or if he was ginger (i was young at the time)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:33:12 »

He was on a par with that ginger nutted fucker we paid £150,000 for from Hull( ?) whose name evades me at the moment.

Reg where are you?

I'm here, can't think of anyone from Hull. Maybe you're thinking of Glenn Cockerill, who we got from Lincoln...or the daddy David Peach, who we got from Soton.
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:36:52 »

Roy Greenwood

Seems like he made his name for Hull before we bought him from Derby where he set Wiltshire alight with something like 6 goals in 60 appearances
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:40:39 by Audrey » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:41:52 »

Greenwood was indeed shite....and was a bearded ginger. can't remember us paying a fee for him. He was Chic Bates understudy and Chico was in pretty good nick. The master of the front post flick.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 20:57:54 »

Yeah we got Roy from Derby, and I don't recall the fee being that big.

Roy did have a decent spell for us back end of 1980, going into 81, which I remember fondly. That was the season we started off with 5 defeats leading to Bob Smith getting sacked and John Trollope taking over, we were in deep shit, but started to turn it around by stuffing Hull 3-1 in the Rideout debut game, then Roy scored in the next 3 out if 4 home games when we beat Walsall 3-1, Plymuff 3-0,  and Reading 3-1 we also won 2-0 at Newport in a remarkable Boxing Day fixture, when Andy Rowland had to go in goal, because Jimmy Allan got injured early doors, and Animal Williams had to do the old school thing of just standing out on the wing as he was injured and we'd used our sub. WE also beat Sheff U  5-2 and won 2-0 at Udders soon after, but that was as good as it got for Roy and he lost his place to Rideout as we just about stayed up on the final day.

Definitely shite the following season mind...
kerry red

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 21:27:20 »

www.swindonviewpoint.com/swindon-town-fc-roy-greenwood?page=140

For some reason the link doesn't bring up the video. Works fine from google
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 21:29:55 by Audrey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: