Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentfords chairman has put £40 miilion into club  (Read 6772 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:14:55 »

Brentfords chairman has taken 100% shares in the club

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/matthew-benham-acquires-100-per-cent-ownership-of-brentford-fc-1389276.aspx

“Having invested in excess of £40m (to date) into the club, the time is right for Matthew to take full control of all of the shares.”

£40 million  Eek where the fuck as that been spent ??
Their playing budget must be fairly high ( despite the fair play rules ) and they must be running at a fair loss
I suppose purchase of the new land for proposed stadium could be in that but still...
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:24:26 »

Don't think it's gone into players who will have much of a resale value.

But, again, the building of a new stadium will probably give them the impetus they need.

But is it worth that amount just to become a Championship club - anyone know how that compares to the Bornmuff spend?

Makes our ex fella look like a real skinflint!
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:24:38 »

Their playing budget is huge and has been for some time. Their 2012 accounts showed a loss of just over 5M

http://www.beesunited.org.uk/downloads/accounts/BFC%20310512%20Statutory%20Final%20Accounts.pdf

STFC gets criticised for over spending (although our debts were all but written off), yet Brentford are doing so on a considerably larger scale and nobody bats an eyelid.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:33:43 »

Their playing budget is huge and has been for some time. Their 2012 accounts showed a loss of just over 5M

http://www.beesunited.org.uk/downloads/accounts/BFC%20310512%20Statutory%20Final%20Accounts.pdf

STFC gets criticised for over spending (although our debts were all but written off), yet Brentford are doing so on a considerably larger scale and nobody bats an eyelid.

'Muff as well. Really gets my goat when the club gets accused of spending too much money by both Brentford and Bournemouth fans. Cunts.

Annoyed me when they kept talking about how much money we'd spent whilst saying Bornemouth/Brentford were great teams on the Football League show last year.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:36:37 »

I bet they spent just as much last season as well.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:40:01 »

'Muff as well. Really gets my goat when the club gets accused of spending too much money by both Brentford and Bournemouth fans. Cunts.

Annoyed me when they kept talking about how much money we'd spent whilst saying Bornemouth/Brentford were great teams on the Football League show last year.
Especially when we are bigger than both.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:40:44 »

I bet they spent just as much last season as well.

I think they did, and for this season.

I was snooping around a while ago to see how our budget compared with others in the league and I'm quite sure that Brentford were making no attempts to wind it in at all.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 18:56:22 »

I reckon their wage budget is around a similar figure to ours last season. Probably about 4 million. Their crowds are lower than ours were last season as well. Its easy to see that they are being bankrolled. The difference between then and Bournemouth and us under Black etc is that their owners are in it for the long haul and wont be making a quick exit anytime soon.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 19:06:07 »

Muff's chairman is charging interest on his loans to the club, which is ominous.

He's not in it because he's a fan as Brentford's chairman appears to be. Brentford's chairman may well write off all debt when it comes time for him to leave but I think it'll surely all end in tears at Bournemouth.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 19:16:02 »

We can but hope.  Long been a bugbear of mine as well.  That charade that went down last year when Black pulled out with the outpouring of disgust got on my tits when you could just look at the squad list of muff and work out that the figures weren't adding up in terms of wage caps.

But thats just football I suppose.  There will always be some rich bloke willing to pump money in to buy there way up the leagues.  Happens at every level.  You can look at the southern league premier every year and say - oh well Hemel Hempstead (for example) are going to win it this year.

Shady past and employing a dictator meant we were going to get bad PR when it went tits oop last year.

Never knowingly overstated.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 19:17:12 »

I think it'll surely all end in tears at Bournemouth.

Tears at Bournemouth, joy everywhere else. Cunts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 19:25:46 »

Ill be honest, I wish we had Brentford's chairman*. Don't see a problem with overspending if someone bankrolls it.

*unless he gets pissed off and takes the club down.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 28, 2014, 21:37:51 »

Im not so sure with Bournemouth. Their owners have history with doing very well with a few clubs abroad (they took a German lower league team to the Bundesliga and made a profit in the long run). I think they will hope for the same here. Spend money then make it back via the tv money and the stupid payments you get for getting relegated from the PL.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 11:57:31 »

Muff is one thing...that club can grow but another in London???

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 1, 2014, 14:55:50 »

Don't understand why some people seem to hate Bournemouth so much tbh. But I'd be nervous of what happens when the wheels come off/the Russian wants his money back if I were them, esp with the interest rates he's charging
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: