Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans urged to stay patient over Town’s style of football  (Read 13433 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 11:46:39 »

Alex Smith or Michael Smith?

There is Reis and Barker as well don't forget.
Michael. I've only included players who have been first team regulars but I agree that Barthram, A Smith, Reis and Barker are clearly all signings with the next year or two in mind.

If we do lose some of the key players then I doubt it'll be on the cheap.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 11:48:06 »

Exactly and we wont be hobbled by PDC's contracts next year

If anything hopefully this will make our squad more settled and balanced next year without this burden.

If you think about it, this season has been very transitional with all the off field changes and the last ebb of the PDC players coming to the end of their contracts.

Of course who knows what the future holds but I'm reasonably positive about us becoming more sustainable.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 11:51:04 »

Despite his current role as scapegoat of the month, I was impressed when I saw Reis at the start of the season, and I think he'll be good next year.

As I've said already, next year will be one where we challenge for promotion, and will be the real test of Cooper/Power and what they've assembled.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 12:04:37 »

Without wishing to sound like a broken record I think going forward having winger options is a must to offer us that 'plan B', there's no point to the signing the likes of Smith if we aren't going to offer him the more direct service at times. Similarly history of this league dictates that you need a core of 4 or 5 experienced pro's to really get anywhere at this level so that is something that clearly needs to be addressed as young players need that leadership alongside them to keep them in check. I just hope Power can see this and will allow some flexibility in the model if some form of success is seriously on his agenda.
What worries me most however is like I said previously there still doesn't seem any kind of focus on the youth system so I fear that our approach now is ultimately just a short termist of the Di Canio days but in a different way.
kerry red

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 12:09:35 »

Despite his current role as scapegoat of the month, I was impressed when I saw Reis at the start of the season, and I think he'll be good next year.

As I've said already, next year will be one where we challenge for promotion, and will be the real test of Cooper/Power and what they've assembled.

Reis scapegoat of the month. Really - I thought it was Harley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 14:02:10 »

Reis scapegoat of the month. Really - I thought it was Harley

Reis at least looked like he was bothered on Saturday and tried to make things happen.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 16:08:12 »

Don't get too worried about the £400 k.
Power was Luongo's agent I am led to believe.
Reckon £400k would not have been parted with and would include add ons etc.

Notwithstanding that Jed done us no favours.

I expect we just took over his registration and there is a 400k sell on

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 17:09:58 »

I think he will be the March scapegoat (11/10) despite the penalty, February belongs to Harley. Jay Mac is 6/4, Darren Ward 12/5 and for those that fancy the outsider, Massimo Luongo at 12's.

I thought Reis looked a real handful at the start of the season, if we can accomodate his obvious abilities on the wing then Smith/Ranger/N'Guessan could get some fantastic service. Fingers crossed the lad is given a chance.
kerry red

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 17:13:19 »

Can't see JMac being scapegoated. At least he shows some enthusiasm for the job and he has improved a load this season
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 17:31:57 »

Can't see JMac being scapegoated. At least he shows some enthusiasm for the job and he has improved a load this season

Agreed, although not everyone does.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 17:35:13 »

Can't argue with this at all. If only he could deliver a ball into the box (bugbear of mine, I know he's 'only a left back') he'd be a top player.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 17:41:12 »

Alright you cunts, maybe we should have a scapegoat of the month vote so we can have one person to all agree on.
kerry red

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 17:42:41 »

I nominate that dozy bird oop north whose womanly wiles entranced our mellow young striker
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 18:29:41 »

Paul Benson for me.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 18:37:23 »

Paul Benson for me.
[/quote

Oh come on, surely Andy Williams.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up