Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans urged to stay patient over Town’s style of football  (Read 13403 times)
News Monkey

« on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 07:00:02 »

Fans urged to stay patient over Town’s style of football

FOLLOWING their latest miserable away day, Swindon Town manager Mark Cooper stressed that the Robins’ fans must remain patient as he and his players look to develop a certain style of football.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11030952.Fans_urged_to_stay_patient_over_Town___s_style_of_football/?ref=rss

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:28:03 »

How many games have we played so far this season?   
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:32:08 »

There is no style
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:35:26 »

Good things take time, anyone who expected instant success this season is retarded.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:35:56 »

There is no style

I agree. I would call it a method
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:37:33 »

Can those that attend games say whether we have got worse, stayed consistent or got better as the season has gone on? Injuries aren't helping.
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:43:24 »

Worse. But, to be fair, to attempt some sort of free flowing passing game was always going to come apart at the seams when vital players are missing.

And, also, Ranger is integral to it
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:48:52 »

Good things take time, anyone who expected instant success this season is retarded.

That covers 90% of our fan base.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:49:56 »

It was a thing of beauty to watch quite often at the start of the season and reasonably successful.

For a mulitiude of reasons it's nowhere near as effective these days. Injuries and opposition teams becoming aware of our style and adjusting accordingly are big reasons.

No reason why it can't be a successful style/method in the long term though.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:50:16 »

I don't know whether its the style that we are trying to adapt, but a lot of the time we seem so bloody lethargic almost to the point that it looks like players aren't trying very hard.

I know I am not alone in this, but I wish we would step it up and play with a bit more urgency at times. At 2-0 down on Saturday we were playing with the same tempo, when you'd think you would want to get the ball into dangerous areas to try and get back into the game.

I admire Cooper for sticking to trying to get us playing nice football, but it doesn't have to be 100% of every game. It was so easy for Leyton Orient to press us and get the ball back from us. Why not try a few balls into the wing/wing back areas, in Murphy and Reis and with Smith up front surely it makes sense to get the wingers in behind and some dangerous crosses into the box? We didn't do this once on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 15:58:01 »

No it doesn't
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 16:10:56 »

Looking briefly at the Adver comments under this article, it looks about right for there.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 16:13:49 »

Took Brendan Rogers a while to get Liverpool playing a similar system, a year or so later they have gone from also ran's to 4 points off the top of the Premier League and playing some of the best football I have seen, breathtaking at times. I know we don't have a Gerrard or a Suarez, but we don't come up against a Kompany or a Vidic.

Give it time, if it doesn't work, try something else.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 16:16:44 »

Looking briefly at the Adver comments under this article, it looks about right for there.

Graham8181 says...

I love writing stuff on this site but saying the same thing every week is getting very boring so it just boils down to 2 words now - COOPER OUT

Own up, who is Graham?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 24, 2014, 16:33:28 »

Give it time, if it doesn't work, try something else.

How long is a piece of string...I'd estimate that it might be at least 5 years before we start to see any real gains from the project,that's if it's done properly, and we have to take Power's intentions on this being the case.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: