Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20315 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:27:59 »

I think I got charged £8 for a cheese and onion pastie and chips. I didn't think about it at the time but I think I got ripped off!

Are you sure you didn't fall victim to the "bloke behind is paying" trick?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:31:51 »

Tis a good point. I ordered a bacon roll and she charged another guy for it, he was just looking bemused and handed the cash over until I twigged and paid.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:43:45 »

Could have been. It was a young girl and an old woman serving and they didn't really seem to have much of a clue what was going on.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:55:39 »

Could have been. It was a young girl and an old woman serving and they didn't really seem to have much of a clue what was going on.
That being the case, I'm surprised that you paid it - I wouldn't! If they'd try to charge me that (and hadn't advertised the price) I would have handed it back to them!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:55:55 »

Interesting the continued comments about bad refereeing in this division. Apparently last night at P.Vale v Preston, striker Joe Garner raised hands against the Vale defender, so the referee sends off Kilkenny, not involved in the incident. Of course Garner scores twice to win the game for North End.

Some of the decisions the officials make in this league are verging on criminal. N'Guessan basically throwing an Orient defender on the floor and winning a free kick springs to mind, but I am sure there are loads of examples of ineptitude this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:32:33 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange link=topic=53111.msg1239621#msg1239621I am sure there are loads of examples of ineptitude this season.
[/quote

Like paying £8 for pasty and chips?  Smiley
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:34:32 »

[quote author=Bob's Orange link=topic=53111.msg1239621#msg1239621I am sure there are loads of examples of ineptitude this season.

Like paying £8 for pasty and chips?  Smiley

Or a failed quote
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:40:54 »

That being the case, I'm surprised that you paid it - I wouldn't! If they'd try to charge me that (and hadn't advertised the price) I would have handed it back to them!

I'm used to eating Lunch in the city of London so didn't really think too much about it at the time! Also the last away match I attended was at Wembley and pies there were £6 so I guess this affected my thinking!

Hindsight of course suggests a high level of ineptitude on my part!

Not as much as 4D though, who can't use quotes properly! Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:43:17 by Bob's Orange » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:44:23 »

I'm used to eating Lunch in the city of London so didn't really think too much about it at the time!

Hindsight of course suggests a high level of ineptitude on my part!

Not as much as 4D though, who can't use quotes properly! Wink

4D can always go to his forum and ask for help....anyone who risks buying food at a football match deserves anything they get...a sort of mundane version of an extreme sport.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:49:45 »

.anyone who risks buying food at a football match deserves anything they get...

Not always as simple as that
I left work at 1.30 and wasnt hungry - on coach at half 3 which arrived at Crawley around 6.
Nowhere outside of ground to get anything and after an hour and half in Redz bar was starving  Hmmm

Not a lot of choice then
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 11:52:05 »

I left work at 1.30 and wasnt hungry - on coach at half 3 which arrived at Crawley around 6.
Nowhere outside of ground to get anything and after an hour and half in Redz bar was starving  Hmmm

Not a lot of choice then

Similar for me. As a rule I don't eat at football grounds but sometimes needs must!

corner

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:07:40 »

Glad that mason got some game time maybe in line for a start this Saturday, if ranger starts too then we may have abit more fire power against Carlisle, shame Byrne got sent off can't wait for "highlights" happy with a draw and a clean sheet. Coyr
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:08:54 »

Not a lot of choice then

Could you not have anticipated you might get hungry later in the day, and used the 2 hours between 1:30 and 3:30 to purchase some provender, from the wide variety of retail outlets currently available?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:10:21 »

It really is that simple. I'm not above taking a packed lunch to an away game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 12:16:12 »

Loving the fact that the game lacked so much interest that we are now arguing over whether it was right to buy food from the ground, seek out a provender before entering or preparing a packed lunch for the game.

Brilliant!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: