Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20314 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 23:41:32 »

Important for the confidence of the whole team knowing they can get through 90 minutes without a cock-up and conceding a goal.

Sound result tonight
Glass half full: Crawley haven't scored at home in 300 minutes now, so not such a big deal
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 00:32:48 »

A good point, clean sheet and still never lost at Crawley so all good.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 07:44:53 »

Dire game last night. Was a bit disappointed at how negative we were considering how awful Crawley are, there was definitely 3 points there for the taking.

On the positive side, we looked far more solid at the back compared to recent weeks, although that could just illustrate how rubbish they are! Can't comment on the sending off as we were too far away. Decent turnout from town fans when you consider it was a freezing Tuesday in November.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 08:41:55 »

Enjoyable evening marred by the 90 minutes of football.

Not sure about how as soon as something works once (3-5-2 against Rotherham, 4-6-0 against Col U) it's rolled out every game - there's something to be said for tailoring your approach to the specific game. Certainly made for a dour spectacle with no one to really get the ball to in central positions. Thankfully Crawley were no better.

Having said that we had a 15 minute spell before N'Guessan went off where we looked more like the incisive footballing side of earlier in the season, just couldn't get a goal. Thought DNG and Harley both had good games, as did Byrne before he got sent off.

Warmest I've ever been at Crawley though, which was a plus.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 08:53:38 »

I have a dodgy stomach this morning. I have no doubts it was that cup of gravy I had at half time..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 08:53:54 »

From listening to the game and reading the reports it would seem that we were lucky that Creepy were one of the poorest sides we have faced all season, certainly away from home.

They were shit at scoring which suited our defence.

Byrne probably shouldn't have been sent off.

We still struggle to break down teams even when they are worse than us despite us having a lot of possession.

But we didn't lose and every point away from home is good even if all 3 were easily there for the taking.

Onwards and upwards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:01:57 »

Oh and nice to have met yourself and other London reds tonight!

Did you wear a red carnation and meet at Waterloo?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:02:08 »

Two teams a bit low on confidence at the moment and it showed. Poor game but a point away from home is not too bad. Had little impact on the scoreline but just seen Byrne's second booking on SSN. If D'urso deems that a yellow when he's 10 yards away then he shouldn't be reffing.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:19:13 »

Lest we forget, Crawley are in the top half of League One in November.  They're evidently not the worst side in the division by any stretch.

Swindon are one point off the playoffs.  Yet the doom and gloom and pessimism of the fans around me was surprising.  Personally, I would attribute it to the di Canio factor - compared with last season, Crawley away was a very different experience, yet our league position is not vastly inferior.  Last night was a good result - Crawley could easily have snatched all three points.  Proctor beat Wes and rolled the ball along the goaline from less than a yard out from an angle.

I think some people watched a different game to me.  It was fairly entertaining as far as League One 0-0s go, and the way Swindon seemed reasonably comfortable passing the ball in their own half (a bit too much for my liking, but I do like a lofted ball up to a big man) would suggest anything but a side that is low on confidence.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:22:17 »

Not sure about how as soon as something works once (3-5-2 against Rotherham, 4-6-0 against Col U) it's rolled out every game - there's something to be said for tailoring your approach to the specific game.

I guess if Cooper listened to fan comments on face value he'd think, well first you moan about not getting anything away from home, now you moan when we do.

But I think the above quote sums it up perfectly, to me its never been a case of what worked last time will do so again. Its not true and too predictable. But at lest in bringing on Mason and Pritchard he gave it a go at changing things. Was it too late, or was it a case of waiting for Crawley to tire?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:35:31 »

I have a dodgy stomach this morning. I have no doubts it was that cup of gravy I had at half time..

Not suffering with that as didnt drink it all. Rankest thing ever tasted and deffo NOT bovril
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:42:43 »

I think I got charged £8 for a cheese and onion pastie and chips. I didn't think about it at the time but I think I got ripped off!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 09:50:59 »

I think I got charged £8 for a cheese and onion pastie and chips. I didn't think about it at the time but I think I got ripped off!

Bloody hell, my pasty was £2.50 so they've charged you £5.50 for chips!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:08:24 »

Well there wasnt a menu or price list up so was a case of guess what they sell and how much for
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 10:26:08 »

Bloody hell, my pasty was £2.50 so they've charged you £5.50 for chips!

They weren't even triple cooked chips at that! I generally don't eat food at football so wasn't sure what to expect! Should have got a Burger King at Victoria when I had the chance!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: