Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stratton Bank Roof?  (Read 23692 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 17:03:32 »

Looking at the pics, you'd actually have them just under half way up.  You'd pull out three or four rows of concrete slabs and pull back the edge of the box to the highest row above them (otherwise you impact sight line).  You'd then add a row or two of seats in front of the box glass, which would just out to the last row below them.

You'd then have enough space behind each box to have a corridor and access.

That's how I see it.  At the back would require external construction and increase the cost significantly.  Essentially, the box ground floor would be the ceiling of the current concourse.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 19:36:24 »

Looking at the pics, you'd actually have them just under half way up.  You'd pull out three or four rows of concrete slabs and pull back the edge of the box to the highest row above them (otherwise you impact sight line).  You'd then add a row or two of seats in front of the box glass, which would just out to the last row below them.

You'd then have enough space behind each box to have a corridor and access.

That's how I see it.  At the back would require external construction and increase the cost significantly.  Essentially, the box ground floor would be the ceiling of the current concourse.

So would you still be able to get up the stairs to access the seats behind the boxes? Think I'd need an artists impression to visualise how this would work.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 20:05:32 »

I hope the stand is left alone.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 21:56:15 »

Not sure if it’s worth mucking around with The DRS, especially if hundreds of seats are lost just to house the prawn sandwich brigade. The only place where executive boxes should be is in a redeveloped Arkells Stand, and I can’t see that happening while Stratton Bank and The Town End head the queue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 22:53:30 »

Not sure if it’s worth mucking around with The DRS, especially if hundreds of seats are lost just to house the prawn sandwich brigade. The only place where executive boxes should be is in a redeveloped Arkells Stand, and I can’t see that happening while Stratton Bank and The Town End head the queue.
If I’m not mistaken, Aberdeen has mentioned exec boxes in the DR going forward.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 22:58:52 »

People who buy Prawn sandwiches will pay good money for them.  If you can stick some in the DR with minimal investment it would be a no brainer.  No doubt it will piss some people off who have those seats today,  but you are looking at 1.5k a game for a box of 8-10 people I'd imagine.  Some you'd sell to Sponsors, others you can have as shared boxes and just sell individual match access.  People already shell out nearly 80 quid to sit in a near normal seat in the Arkells and have a two course meal in s shared function room.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 00:24:39 »

Never understood why you'd watch football from an executive box, especially considering the price. Be like watching the F1 trackside, sat in your car.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:28:31 »

Never understood why you'd watch football from an executive box, especially considering the price. Be like watching the F1 trackside, sat in your car.
free booze and a sense of occasion I suppose.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:34:02 »

free booze and a sense of occasion I suppose.

Not having someone shout 'get it forward in your ear every 30 seconds'....

Its mainly a corporate thing and will make a heck of a lot more money than the seats it would replace.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:34:45 »

Done it twice as a guest at Lincoln when we visited (Wife has a work contact with one of their main sponsors).
It is certainly an experience worth doing at least once- free beer, food and football. What else could you want?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 09:40:12 »

I've never watched football from an executive box. I have done Corporate Hospitality at Hearts a few times when I lived in Edinburgh. We'd get there for 12, have some great food and we had a rule that whenever the waiter or waitress would ask if we wanted anything, we would have to order a round of drinks, but they had to be unique every time. That's when I first experienced 'cheeky vimto' drinks. Port & Blue WKD. (it's nicer than it sounds) I remember very little of the actual games, but the first time I have seen 44 players on a pitch at one time!!

As part of my 30th birthday I was in South Africa for the British Lions tour and watched a game (one of the pre-test warmups in Cape Town) from a box. Whilst it was nice to be able to watch a game and have as many beers and food as you wanted, I wasn't sure I liked the experience. I get where 4D is coming from, you don't quite feel part of the action behind some glass.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:32:42 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:29:49 »

There's a difference between the experience of 'hospitality', which is what STFC provide within the Arkells at the moment, and exec boxes.

Hospitality is really just some pre-match food and drink, plus a comfy seat to sit in to watch the game. It's an upgrade on going to the pub and sitting in your normal plastic seat, often used by normal punters and occasionally used by businesses.

Exec boxes are used by businesses for business entertainment, whilst there happens to be a game going on at the same time.   
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:54:43 »

If the prices were similar to the likes of Port Vale (£4.5k for the season) I’d probably try and get a box for business and what not. You’d be able to get between 8 and 10 people in for a match so they aren’t actually that bad value. Assuming they have the usual row of seats in front of each box you can still sit outside and soak up the atmosphere. If you have 20 or 30 boxes that’s probably another £100k a year income a year minimum at this level and also there’s the fact that having facilities such as these probably make it more attractive to potential investors.

Our company has got a box at Kingsholm, I hate rugby and don’t really watch the games but I still go when I can for the food and drink element.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #118 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 16:44:39 »

If the prices were similar to the likes of Port Vale (£4.5k for the season) I’d probably try and get a box for business and what not. You’d be able to get between 8 and 10 people in for a match so they aren’t actually that bad value. Assuming they have the usual row of seats in front of each box you can still sit outside and soak up the atmosphere. If you have 20 or 30 boxes that’s probably another £100k a year income a year minimum at this level and also there’s the fact that having facilities such as these probably make it more attractive to potential investors.

Our company has got a box at Kingsholm, I hate rugby and don’t really watch the games but I still go when I can for the food and drink element.
Yeah i agree that would be great value wouldn't it
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 19:53:17 »

If the prices were similar to the likes of Port Vale (£4.5k for the season) I’d probably try and get a box for business and what not. You’d be able to get between 8 and 10 people in for a match so they aren’t actually that bad value.

Ours would be more than that, surely. That isn't much more than the cost of 10 adult season tickets.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: