Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stratton Bank Roof?  (Read 23689 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 12:37:57 »

My main wish with any redevelopment is that they try to fill in the corners, i much prefer stadiums with the corners connected, similar to Loftus Road.  I think the atmosphere is enhanced with a wraparound  stadium.

Agree about the "New Stadium" though, redevelopment of existing has to be the way forward.
I prefer wrapped corners but not even for asthetics but to stop the wind tunnel effect.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 13:34:30 »

I hadn't heard that but it does make sense.

I thought so, from the Council website albeit sadly no plans are there!

T/93/1301 Submitted 11/11/93 but never apparently determined
Demolition of existing Stratton Bank and construction of 3600 seater covered stand.

T/94/0807 Submitted 13/7/94 Approved 24/8/94
Construction of new covered stand (2 760 seats) including demolition of existing terrace.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 13:52:45 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13526773.revitalised-red-army-fund-aims-to-raise-the-roof/
Peter Venkman

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 13:53:35 »

Interesting cheers H7.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:36:40 »

I thought so, from the Council website albeit sadly no plans are there!

T/93/1301 Submitted 11/11/93 but never apparently determined
Demolition of existing Stratton Bank and construction of 3600 seater covered stand.

T/94/0807 Submitted 13/7/94 Approved 24/8/94
Construction of new covered stand (2 760 seats) including demolition of existing terrace.

Reg would have been all over this, he loved telling people off that said it couldn't be done or that permission was refused.  I believe the issue that prevented construction was Grant money not being available.  The Don Rogers stand was heavily financed by Grant money rather than our own.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:41:13 »

Reg would have been all over this, he loved telling people off that said it couldn't be done or that permission was refused.  I believe the issue that prevented construction was Grant money not being available.  The Don Rogers stand was heavily financed by Grant money rather than our own.

Hopefully we'll get some more Grant money this month when we sell Anthony.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:43:57 »

Hopefully we'll get some more Grant money this month when we sell Anthony.
Hes been on the bench for the last 2 games, maybe him and Garner have kissed and made up.....

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 14:59:20 »

That’s what I was told by the then chairman but can’t recall his name. Apparently planning permission was obtained and granted along with The DRS. The club was under the impression they could take advantage of the grant scheme been offered by The FL/FA at the time towards building costs. SB was shelved when only one grant was forthcoming and that was used for The DRS.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:05:09 »

Reg would have been all over this, he loved telling people off that said it couldn't be done or that permission was refused.  I believe the issue that prevented construction was Grant money not being available.  The Don Rogers stand was heavily financed by Grant money rather than our own.

It was probably via Reg that my recollection of it came from. I assume the loss of light/height issue with the burghers of Shrivy Road was solved in the latter application, as the loss of c.1000 seats suggests it was made smaller.

Out of interest how many does the TE seat as that would broadly give an idea of the scale of what was approved?  
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:14:24 by horlock07 » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:06:52 »

I prefer wrapped corners but not even for asthetics but to stop the wind tunnel effect.

Yes, so would the players.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:22:52 »

Out of interest how many does the TE seat as that would broadly give an idea of the scale of what was approved? 

1,846 according to wikipedia
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:23:56 »

It was probably via Reg that my recollection of it came from. I assume the loss of light/height issue with the burghers of Shrivy Road was solved in the latter application, as the loss of c.1000 seats suggests it was made smaller.

That was always my understanding going back to the 90s with quoting the flag pole height restriction, they tried to build a bigger stand with a roof and residents kicked off and planning was eventually agreed on a reduced height.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:34:45 »

On the general subject of development Boy About Town said there are photos of the DRS second concourse. Don't suppose anyone can find them or has them to hand? Can't recall ever seeing anything.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:39:42 »

...of course you could end up in a situation where some stubborn house owner wouldn’t sell until hell froze over, like the old ladies at Anfield a number of decades ago.

In which case just burn them out as happened with an outlier in the way of Totteringhams new stadium development back in 2014.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:20:59 »

On the general subject of development Boy About Town said there are photos of the DRS second concourse. Don't suppose anyone can find them or has them to hand? Can't recall ever seeing anything.

They were put on this thread (top post by PV)

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57451.75
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: