Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 31339 times)
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 08:17:13 »

Don't see how anybody can moan about ground improvement and tidying up the Stratton Bank after all lets be fair it is a shithole!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 08:44:24 »

Exec boxes in DRS and a roof on the bank would be a good start to redevelopment it has to be said. I think after that you'd need a whole new Town End and Arkells but they're both a long long way off....The Arkells even more so.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:07:51 »

It has. Cant remember the thread, but the one with old county ground photos, shows the 2nd concourse, when the drs was being built.

As I understand it, the front section of the stand could be removed (you can see it halfway complete in the photo below)

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:15:31 »

So there would be a small section of seats in front of the new boxes, would look like this i reckon (wycombe wanderers), perhaps with a smaller section in front.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/57/25/1572514_66a1b989.jpg

JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:39:46 »

Re the bank roof/intel boxes, im not sure an application for pp has actually been submitted, and until it is I suppose we arent much further on. Nothing is showing on the SBC website.  The club may be undertaking pre-app discussions with planning officers, but this is generally a private matter. Could always make an FOI request for meeting notes etc?

If and when it is submitted there will be a load of accompanying reports/plans, including a daylight and sunlight assessment, rights to light assessment, planning statement, design statement. Would be interesting to see if any of them talk about aspirations for wider cg redevelopment.

By the way, I'm all up for a new roof. It will just tidy things up and give the feel of a proper old school football ground. Might be the catalyst for other stands too.

Anything but a soulless relocation site next to the motorway.......
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:45:02 »

Not only would a roof tidy the bank up but chucking the away fans in would make the whole area look better with ppl in it on gamedays than the empty current look

Give the Arkells back to home fans whether sells out or not

At least the ends of both wing stands nearest bank would fill up a little more, esp if exec boxes are finally built

Anything would be an improvement on now
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:09:52 »

Anything would be an improvement on now

I happen to like the ground as it is.

Totally accept that things have to change if we are to progress as a club but I don't like change when it comes to football grounds
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:57:10 »

I happen to like the ground as it is.

Totally accept that things have to change if we are to progress as a club but I don't like change when it comes to football grounds

You like the bank as is Huh?

From elsewhere in the ground looks odd being completely empty and in comparison the the DRS next to it looks ancient
Was last in the bank v Port Vale and it hasnt changed in donkeys years - still same old outdated toilets and was bloody freezing even in May. Facilities certainly piss poor and is in serious need of some cash being spent on it

Used to be a great place in the 80s when terracing split with opposing fans
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 11:03:00 »

From elsewhere in the ground looks odd being completely empty and in comparison the the DRS next to it looks ancient
Was last in the bank v Port Vale and it hasnt changed in donkeys years - still same old outdated toilets and was bloody freezing even in May. Facilities certainly piss poor and is in serious need of some cash being spent on it
It's in need of knocking down altogether. It's awful and a roof won't change that.

Away followings of under 1000 (most clubs in this league) will be kept in the Arkells regardless of a roof on the Bank.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 11:13:29 »

Stick a roof on it if needs be and it will be fine.

Poor facilities such as outdated toilets don't bother me, the best pissers in the football league used to be in the away end at Saltergate, no roof pissing against a wall.

If I want to watch football in comfort I'll do it from the comfort of my sofa, just a personal thing.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 11:16:13 »

Would they be able to move the DRS back a bit then to accommodate the new boxes in the middle like Wycombe? 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 11:17:12 »

Maybe they could pinch it at the top and stretch it upwards?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 11:22:07 »

So there would be a small section of seats in front of the new boxes, would look like this i reckon (wycombe wanderers), perhaps with a smaller section in front.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/57/25/1572514_66a1b989.jpg

I do like Wycombe as a ground. For a 'new' ground, it does have character and not a soulless bowl or 4 identikit sides. Something similar at the CG would suit us fine.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 11:28:07 »

I think they should just build a wall around and create the illusion of a new stand
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 14:41:52 »

Would they be able to move the DRS back a bit then to accommodate the new boxes in the middle like Wycombe? 

Is this a serious question? Can they move a 5000 seater stand "back a bit." I'm no structural engineer but I reckon I can answer this one; No.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: