Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCormack set to sign for Brentford  (Read 12909 times)
News Monkey

« on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 06:00:10 »

McCormack set to sign for Brentford

CHAIRMAN Jed McCrory remains hopeful that Alan McCormack will stay at Swindon Town but it appears that the skipper is close to being unveiled by Brentford.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10456724.McCormack_set_to_sign_for_Brentford/?ref=rss

Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 06:25:21 »

Hope they think he's a full back.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 06:45:53 »

We need to sign an Alan.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:05:03 »

He wanted improved terms and a two year contract,  was offered both and chose to move on, ho hum we move on as well. 
Incidentally do we know who the agent is who is acting for Flint and McCormack is it Mr Spencer?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:24:52 »

Only really wanted McCormack to stay as a utility player. He worked his socks off and closed down players well, but his passing was never up to it in midfield and he cost us several penalties last year. Liked his attitude and a loss to the squad but think we can get a better cm to replace without a problem.

Where does he play for brentford?! he's not better than douglas or diagouraga
wigglesworth

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:35:17 »

We need to sign an Alan.

Spot on Beers
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:42:56 »

He's dead to me if he doesn't sign the 2 year deal on improved terms. Why do footballers make such stupid statements like 'if they offer me another contract that's not less than my current deal I'll stay', only to then choose to play for another team in our league.

McCormack and flint's agent is certainly rolling in it this summer.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:47:03 »

He wanted improved terms and a two year contract,  was offered both and chose to move on, ho hum we move on as well. 
Incidentally do we know who the agent is who is acting for Flint and McCormack is it Mr Spencer?

Improved terms against what - the first offer, or what he was on the last year?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:50:01 »

I'm guessing that even our improved terms don't come that close to matching the offer from Brentford.
Not surprising given the budget Brentford have, supported by their Sugar Daddy, as evidenced in the accounts posted here recently.
I'm not too upset by this as I'm hopeful we can find an "as good" replacement at a lower cost.
nochee

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:58:12 »

He's dead to me if he doesn't sign the 2 year deal on improved terms. Why do footballers make such stupid statements like 'if they offer me another contract that's not less than my current deal I'll stay', only to then choose to play for another team in our league.

I'm sure it will take him a long time to get over it  Roll Eyes
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:59:19 »

I don't think he said that...he said "if they offer me less, I'll leave" which is subtly different.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 08:20:24 »

Probably should have offered him two years in the first place...

I'm not going to pretent to know the ins and outs of this but the admission of the improved offer creates a whiff of careless negotiation which could have been prevented.

But I don't know how negotiations work and for all we know Town could have offered him 3 years and he was always off to Brentford.

I liked how Ned Payne stuck in the 'same agent as Flint' line.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 08:30:28 »

I liked how Ned Payne stuck in the 'same agent as Flint' line.
Did Spencer represent any players or just acting as agent for Di Canio/the club?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 08:40:32 »

Agents are this lot:

http://www.worldinmotion.co.uk/site/who.html?oo=0

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 08:41:40 »

I'm sure it will take him a long time to get over it  Roll Eyes

You aren't a very good judge of character then! He's probably checking into the priory clinic as we speak.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: