Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCormack set to sign for Brentford  (Read 13029 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 08:47:54 »

As with many things recently nobody knows the ins and outs of what was offered so I was probably quick to judge Alan.

Hopefully we'll be able to bring in somebody with an equal amount of drive and effort that he put in. But less dangerous when tackling in the box please!! Smiley (apart from the Worldy in the home leg play off semi!!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:06:23 »

I've got to be honest,  not one player who's left/supposed to be leaving this close season has really bothered me as much as some players leaving in previous seasons. I've liked them, but none of them have been outstanding. If he goes, he goes. The only players I'd be gutted about leaving is Wes and Nate Dog.

It's All Good..............
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:07:26 »

I've got to be honest,  not one player who's left/supposed to be leaving this close season has really bothered me as much as some players leaving in previous seasons. I've liked them, but none of them have been outstanding. If he goes, he goes. The only players I'd be gutted about leaving is Wes and Nate Dog.

This
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:15:05 »

Reg pretty much foresaw this scenario when the retained list came out back in early may:

AMac, has the security now of something on the table...a bit like Jonathan Douglas a couple of seasons ago. His agent will doubtless be touting around for a better deal, and should it be found he'll be off.

I'll hold off my long held opinion on McCormack and his much touted 'versatility' until he actually goes.

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:33:28 »

Agree completely, so many players come and go now as it is the agents that call the shots and no doubt Jed has had plenty knocking on his door touting the next best thing. Would not think it would be too difficult to find a hard working midfielder in the same mould.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
The_Doctor

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:38:11 »

We need to sign an Alan.

Why we have Navarro?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:39:23 »

Only really wanted McCormack to stay as a utility player. He worked his socks off and closed down players well, but his passing was never up to it in midfield and he cost us several penalties last year. Liked his attitude and a loss to the squad but think we can get a better cm to replace without a problem.

Where does he play for brentford?! he's not better than douglas or diagouraga

Douglas wasn't getting regular games at the end of the season, perhaps they'll move him on?

I don't think McCormack was ever likely to stay even if he was offered a 2 year contract on decent money.  He and his partner had apparently not settled within Swindon.  

As somebody said, no player is really that committed to the cause.  Not massively bothered, he's been inconsistent this season and at times a liability.  

What's the Flint situation?  Has he gone to City or is it still in the air?
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:56:37 by joteddyred » Logged
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:45:10 »

Will Brentford be bringing in Tom Daley as coach ?

To make sure Alan's diving is up to the Brentford standard ?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:45:12 »

Douglas wasn't getting regular games at the end of the season, perhaps they'll move him on?

Could easily be true if Rosler shared their fans' view of his contribution at the end of last season.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:55:07 »

McCormack was a good player in L2, but only average in L1. He was quickly found out as a CB by the better teams in the division and was a bit of a liability at full back. He played well in Central Midfield towards the end of the season but wasn't outstanding in my opinion.

I'd sooner have kept Ferry than him.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:02:01 by Barnard » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 09:56:06 »

Checked and saw that Wes Fod is also signed on with this lot too.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:04:58 »

He's getting a better deal at a club showing more ambition. No brainer for him.
All this crap fans spout about loyalty is a joke.
Who was the last loyal player to stfc,digby? That was probably as it was best for him too.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:07:54 by arriba » Logged
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:15:53 »

Relegation battle next season with our squad at the moment.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:36:34 »

Relegation battle next season with our squad at the moment.

Can we at least wait and see who we sign and how the first few games of next go, before saying we're in a relegation battle.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10:39:57 »

Personally I think McCormack had a pretty mediocre 2012/13 after a great first season for us. Hard-working, combative and versatile Macca might be but he's a rather ordinary 3rd tier player really when you look at it objectively.

Am in agreement with Hertha that the only players I'd be sorry to lose are Fods & Nate Dog. Possibly Collins as well as I think he could score a fuck load of goals for us if given a full season as the main man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: