Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maggie dies  (Read 20177 times)
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 22:53:31 »

Agree regarding the sinking of the Belgrano, war is war and though yes horrible for the people killed on board but who's to say the ship wouldn't come back round and take out a load of ours?

Although with Thatcher I see both points she did good and she did bad but she certainly gave the country a much need kick up the arse.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 23:50:01 »

1 minutes silence .... fuck off, I'll jeer when I want, didn't do it for Diana the Queen of Tarts either or Pol Pot or Jeremy Thorpe or the King of Tonga (I might have done that one actually)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 06:17:04 »

Always wondered why some think the Belgrano decision was controversial

Here is the Iron Lady being grilled by the late Diana Gould, who was a Geography Teacher from Cirencester. Taught at my old secondary school in fact, but left just before I started I think.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 06:19:24 by Batch » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 07:42:04 »

I think a lot of people forget (or don't know) how shit everything was in the 70s.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 07:57:38 »

Once Britain was an empire, and it was ruled by an emperor. Then Britain became a Kingdom, and it was ruled by a King. Then Britain was a country, and it was ruled by Margaret Thatcher. Now Britain is a shithole.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Squirrel

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 08:31:59 »

Once Britain was an empire, and it was ruled by an emperor. Then Britain became a Kingdom, and it was ruled by a King. Then Britain was a country, and it was ruled by Margaret Thatcher. Now Britain is a shithole.

Britain is a beautiful country,  you really need to get out and see it! Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 08:42:26 »

Britain is a beautiful country,  you really need to get out and see it! Cheesy

I live abroad! Smiley

I plagiarised the above from someone who knows much more about politics than I do!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 09:55:16 »

I think a lot of people forget (or don't know) how shit everything was in the 70s.

As Stranglers man surely you realise the 70's were ace. For example, there's a famous survey which rates 1976 as the best year of the 20th Century on a whole raft of criteria....

Here you go even the Torygraph has it, when UK had Labour Government under Jim Callaghan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3337143/Remember-1976-Britains-best-ever-year.html
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:07:25 »

1 minutes silence .... fuck off, I'll jeer when I want, didn't do it for Diana the Queen of Tarts either or Pol Pot or Jeremy Thorpe or the King of Tonga (I might have done that one actually)

Not sure why but i remember the minutes silence for Diana.  0-0 against Forest i want to say, probably wrong.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 10:28:22 »

I would imagine a few Liverpool supporters were jumping for joy when the news of her death came out!!

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:11:00 »

Nice.  Roll Eyes

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:26:47 »

People have every right to hate her. She ruined plenty of their lives so who can blame them for being happy she's dead. It's not like she is here to see it and lived a life of luxury anyway.

Her death has thrown up plenty of debate and it's been really interesting jogging my childhood memories. I lived in poverty as a kid with my step dad out of work and desperately trying to get a job after serving in the army. The working class were treated terribly during the early 80's.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:29:24 »

Similar to those who seem to think that the last labour administration was some sort of utopia entirely achieved by them... until it went wrong.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 11:35:56 »

One thing is for sure someone like Thatcher wouldn't have put up with this shit free for all benefits system. Or mass immigration. It was very much her way or the highway.

The dross we have in charge at the moment are fucking useless and dont compare when you look at things that way.

I understand people hating her if they were affected directly by her actions and decisions though. I respect their reasons.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 12:12:57 »

One thing is for sure someone like Thatcher wouldn't have put up with this shit free for all benefits system. Or mass immigration. It was very much her way or the highway.

Your way off the mark here IsOB....Tories know that for a strong economy, you need immigration, they know it helps economomically, it adds billions onto GDP.  What they don't like, is if the immigrants get uppity. One of the early major problems of the Thatcher years were the race riots that broke out in, if memory serves, St Paul's Bristol, before spreading to Brixton, Toxteth and Handsworth. The Scarman Report, commissioned by the Home Secretary, highlighted racism within the police and failures of Government policy to address it.

Thatcher knew that by, piling 3,000,000+ onto the dole queue, you would need some sort of benefits system, otherwise starving and destitute people in huge numbers would not look good in one of the globe's advanced economies.

Although Eurosceptic, Thatcher did realise, the importance of the single market and signed up to it, she also realised the importance of expanding the EU, to take in particularly the Eastern European countries, where she felt there were many instictively on the side of Britain, both because of recent history, and our perceived role in the fall of the Soviet Union. This decision was always going to lead to some Eastern European immigration.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 12:16:02 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: