Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maggie dies  (Read 19864 times)
Amir

« Reply #195 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 02:37:10 »

Since when has 'neighbours' translated to 'terrorists'?  That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 07:46:11 »

I found it offensive. He seems to be a supporter of terrorism given the "her aggression towards our neighbours in Ireland" comment. For the younger readers the "neighbours in Ireland" are the ones that left 5 people dead and 31 injured in an attempt to assassinate Thatcher with a bomb.

I think Brand's referring to the collective punishment meted out to Nationalist communities (the indiscriminate shootings at events like Bloody Sunday, internment of hundreds on the flimsiest of suspicions etc.). and the - since admitted- state collusion that existed between police officers and soldiers and Loyalist killers.

That's just my take on it anyway. The truth can be offensive but ultimately very liberating.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 07:55:48 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 12:05:41 »

I want to know where my stake in: British telecom, British gas, the national rail service etc , state assets that were worth billions, i now have to pay more to use, where has all the money Thatcher got from selling that lot gone to? I haven't got any of it that's for sure. thieving cunts the lot of them.

I imagine the same place that all our stakes in the country's gold reserves went when Brown decided to sell at the bottom of the market.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 12:07:54 »

I think Brand's referring to the collective punishment meted out to Nationalist communities (the indiscriminate shootings at events like Bloody Sunday, internment of hundreds on the flimsiest of suspicions etc.). and the - since admitted- state collusion that existed between police officers and soldiers and Loyalist killers.

That's just my take on it anyway. The truth can be offensive but ultimately very liberating.

I don't remember the precise years (was it 72) but you cannot lay Bloody Sunday at her door.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 12:09:44 »

Because this thread seems to be full of people who did live through it, and if I chipped in with my half baked and half lost A-Level history knowledge I'd be shot down in flames

This isn't aimed at you, but your post did make me think of...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/people-with-no-idea-who-thatcher-was-ecstatic-that-shes-dead-2013040865066
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: