Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maggie dies  (Read 20146 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:22:06 »

Second point, I said nothing of the sort.

No but you're suggesting the correct response to a UK territory being invaded and occupied by another country is to invite them round for drinks and a chat. Bollocks to that, if it was me I'd expect an immediate military response.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:23:57 »

No but you're suggesting the correct response to a UK territory being invaded and occupied by another country is to invite them round for drinks and a chat. Bollocks to that, if it was me I'd expect an immediate military response.

No, I'm saying discuss the issue before invasion and occupation.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:26:52 »

Honestly don't know whats up with some of you.

For fucks sake, love her or loath her she was an old woman - someones Mum and someone's Nan

Have a bit of fucking respect !

Wise men say........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:28:21 »

The US invaded Grenada in 83, and didn't even tell us. The Queen is head of State..would we have just let them get on with it, if it had been Australia?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:36:33 »

would we have just let them get on with it, if it had been Australia?

Who'd want to invade Australia?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:37:43 »

Well the US might to give them more players to chose from and a better chance of winning the Ryder Cup.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:45:34 »

She died from a stroke, an illness-wracked old woman. She was a grandmother and leaves behind two children. It seems deeply wrong to me that, whatever your opinion of her political agenda/ideology, or whatever she did during her life, people would celebrate a broken old woman's death. Personally I think she was the worst thing to happen to this country since the Luftwaffe, but that doesn't mean I can't respect the fact she was a human being and deserves to be treated as such

Falklands was necessary because attempts at diplomatic resolutions of the situation (which admittedly were not persued with a lot of vigour because Maggie saw the election looming) were made moot by the Argentines invading. A beligerrent foreign power invading sovereign, self-nominated British soil needs to be opposed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:51:17 »

You wouldn't have thought the Malvinas too high on anyone's list.

The Japanese considered invading Australia in 1942...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/He%27s_coming_South.jpg

I'm sure the Australians have half an eye on Indonesia...massively overpopulated, world's largest Islamic state and in the grip of environmental meltdown.

ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 15:58:18 »

A minute's silence at the Manchester Derby tonight. Out of interest, those who have vehemently aired their dislike for Maggie on here and are attending the Franchise game, will you jeer a minute's silence if it's held tommorow?
Fuckin right I will.

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #99 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 16:15:43 »

I'll give her the same respect she gave the average working man. I wouldn't jeer a minutes silence and I won't be out celebrating but I also won't forget the complete and utter fucking carnage she created and the misery and human suffering she was responsible for. A social re-engineering program where greed is good and money was status with no questions asked as to how it was acquired and how many people were fucked over to obtain it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 17:33:06 »

Her achievements?She made a tiny percentage of the population a lot better off and enabled a few people to buy a few shares,if you were lucky enough to have some spare cash.She didn't just "reduce the power of the Unions" she pretty much smashed them to pieces.That may have been an achievement to people who've never been a member of a union,but to others it was the signal of mass unemployment.People who had never been on strike felt angered enough to do so due to her policies-nurses,teachers etc.I also believe that she cultivated the over riding selfish society that I feel is more prevalent today.

« Last Edit: Monday, April 8, 2013, 17:35:37 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 17:33:59 »

I will stay silent in respect of privatisation of Railway, Gas and Electric as all my bills have reduced on a massive scale...

Fuck off.....NO...minutes silence for ANY politician!

Clems Army!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 17:35:50 »

No sympathy here.
She cost me and 2000 other Swindon railway workers thier jobs.

..........yes, it definitely wasn't anything to do with inefficient practices
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 17:44:06 »

No, I'm saying discuss the issue before invasion and occupation.

What if it's Wales ?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 18:22:15 »

I loved her

But then again I'm a posh cunt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: