Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maggie dies  (Read 20090 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:31:39 »

I'm happy , I'm happy and I'll punch the man that says I'm not
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:34:21 »

Conviction or Consensus politics?

I prefer Comsensus, myself, but against bullies such as Galtieri and Scargill then it's Conviction for me.

Like most leaders, if they do not start out that way, they eventually come to believe in their own myth or become corrupted by power and a third term should (as in the USA) be illegal
Disliked most of her policies and her tone and her emasculated coterie but she admirably stood for what she believed rather than for what she believed would get her elected, so fair play

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:45:18 »

A minute's silence at the Manchester Derby tonight. Out of interest, those who have vehemently aired their dislike for Maggie on here and are attending the Franchise game, will you jeer a minute's silence if it's held tommorow?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:46:34 »

She was involved the Taylor football report wasn't she? If so; Reuined football, shes a cunt. If not; still a cunt.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:49:58 »

A minute's silence at the Manchester Derby tonight. Out of interest, those who have vehemently aired their dislike for Maggie on here and are attending the Franchise game, will you jeer a minute's silence if it's held tommorow?

There's normally 90 mins of silence at that place anyway so another minute won't make a difference
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:50:25 »

Whether you liked her or not, agreed or disagreed with her policies you have to respect her for what she did and how she did it. Think they summed it up on the BBC when they said the one thing you could not feel towards her was indifference. Which is probably the main thing that has been missing from British politics since she resigned, it's all gone a bit meh.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:50:56 »

Just been announced on BBC News that there will be a funeral car from Westminster Abbey to a church opposite the Royal Courts of Justice on Fleet Street, where her coffin will be placed in a carriage and then onwards to St Pauls. The procession goes ahead!

Bring it on  Sofa
« Last Edit: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:52:58 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:57:40 »

Just been announced on BBC News that there will be a funeral car from Westminster Abbey to a church opposite the Royal Courts of Justice on Fleet Street, where her coffin will be placed in a carriage and then onwards to St Pauls. The procession goes ahead!

Bring it on  Sofa

Oh boy, this is unwise. At least it isn't through Barnsley.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:58:22 »

I can't really formulate an opinion because I know nothing of what she did.

The best thing that Thatcher did, was siding with Reagan to ratchet up the Cold War. OK at the time of protesting at places like Aldermaston, Fairford, Greenham Common, and a lesser extent GCHQ, it seemed as if Armageddon might be round the corner.

But, it helped bring about the downfall of the Soviet Union...thus enabling Eastern European birds to come to this country.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:00:30 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:18:11 »

Don't think its ever right to jeer a minutes silence for someone personally no matter whether how you felt about them. My family hated the woman with a passion no need to jeer imo
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:23:31 »

I thought i'd have a look to see if George Galloway had anything controversial to say on the matter, and lo and behold he hasn't dissapointed!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305760/Margaret-Thatcher-dead-George-Galloway-leads-chorus-celebration-left.html

and the Durham Miner's aren't letting go of their time in the limelight:

Durham Miners' Association: Death was a 'great day' for coal miners

« Last Edit: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:27:21 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:29:29 »

Cor, the Mail will knock themselves out with that level of rage.
woolster

« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:38:53 »

She was involved the Taylor football report wasn't she? If so; Reuined football, shes a cunt. If not; still a cunt.
lets hope your mum doesn't upset anyone Roll Eyes
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:39:45 »

I definitely would. A throughly despicable woman. She showed no respect or compassion for anyone and doesn't deserve any back.

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/
woolster

« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:43:04 »

I definitely would. A throughly despicable woman. She showed no respect or compassion for anyone and doesn't deserve any back.

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: