Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio appointed Sunderland head coach  (Read 37566 times)
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:37:26 »

We won the league, it was worth it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:38:53 »

seems an accurate article to me
It makes sense and is entirely likely but given the utter shit that the Mail have printed about us in the very recent past, I remain sceptical.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:40:46 »

I would think the Mail piece is pretty accurate.

He was a bastard to work for/under, but I genuinely thought it was common knowledge.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:45:27 »

Nothing new.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:46:49 »

So from those quotes we can deduce that the manager worked his players hard, demanded perfection and wasn't afraid to get rid of those not pulling their weight.

I'm glad we don't have a manager like that anymore.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #200 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:48:16 »

So from those quotes we can deduce that the manager worked his players hard, demanded perfection and wasn't afraid to get rid of those not pulling their weight.

Yes
woolster

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 20:01:15 »

Fishing.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 20:20:22 »

KMac is on a 2 & 1/2 year contract I believe so that bit of their story is unsurprisingly wrong.
It's a Conspiracy!!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 22:07:20 »

KMac is on a 2 & 1/2 year contract I believe so that bit of their story is unsurprisingly wrong.

Sunday People gets story wrong ?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 22:36:03 »

Having been in the Sunderland end at Chelsea today, they were very, very excited to have him and sung his name throughout. Sunderland were the better side for 45 minutes and deserved the 1-0 half time lead. 2 freak goals from Chelsea allowed them to win it and their quality showed in the end. Di Canio's Sunderland played the neat football we became accustomed to and I overheard some supporters say 'I've never seen us play like this for fuckin' ages'. Di Canio was quite mellow and no plastic panels were put through! Overall, the majority of Sunderland fans seem pleased to have him and I think he'll do well for them. I'm sure a few fans looked at me funny when I didn't really/half heartedly sang 'Paolo Di Canio' with my arms folded...I'm sure they'd have understood if I told them why!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 23:02:28 »

Having been in the Sunderland end at Chelsea today, they were very, very excited to have him and sung his name throughout. Sunderland were the better side for 45 minutes and deserved the 1-0 half time lead. 2 freak goals from Chelsea allowed them to win it and their quality showed in the end. Di Canio's Sunderland played the neat football we became accustomed to and I overheard some supporters say 'I've never seen us play like this for fuckin' ages'. Di Canio was quite mellow and no plastic panels were put through! Overall, the majority of Sunderland fans seem pleased to have him and I think he'll do well for them. I'm sure a few fans looked at me funny when I didn't really/half heartedly sang 'Paolo Di Canio' with my arms folded...I'm sure they'd have understood if I told them why!

What I've heard from geordies/mackems I know who watched the game backs up your point, the standard of football is better than for ages. It's not a slight on their old manager, just an observation. Real test will be the derby next week. Di Canio doesn't do derbies well, as we've found out...

I think he'll keep their head above water. If he can get Adam Johnson playing to the best of his abilities (like he did with Ritchie), they will be safe.

That jumper was fucking horrid though, not a patch on his green coat/beanie.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:45:24 »

Think he wore that jumper to try and divert the post match talk away from Mussolini
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #207 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:48:13 »

Thatcher should keep the press off his back for a bit.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 17:50:48 »

The Daily Mail had a picture of him signaling his players to go forward, in an unfortunately straight armed fashion.

I bet they scoured every photo before they settled on that one
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: