Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio appointed Sunderland head coach  (Read 37571 times)
News Monkey

« on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 21:00:04 »

Paolo Di Canio appointed Sunderland head coach

Paolo Di Canio is appointed head coach of Sunderland, succeeding Martin O'Neill at the Stadium of Light.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21990117

chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 21:03:25 »

Whats this head coach shit Eek
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 21:25:08 »

They must of looked at his impressive start to being swindon manager 7 games 3 wins 4 lossses.
Lots of talk of di canio suing us when tbh we should be looking for compensation from sunderland and/or pdc. 
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 21:51:05 »

The ego has landed.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 22:26:51 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21991812

See the Milliband story is now the most popular on the BBC News site.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 22:27:35 »

I want Sunderland to do well now.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 22:51:05 »

Like him or not, we'll all be keeping an eye out for Sunderland from here on in.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 23:30:16 »

Like him or not, we'll all be keeping an eye out for Sunderland from here on in.
Can't argue with that, although some might deny it.
fatbasher

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 07:30:06 »

We were Paolo's experiment. He learns quickly, well for his sake I hope he does. There will be a lot of things done the same way, there undoubtably be things done differently.

Make no mistake, players talk. When in league 2 and indeed league 1, the antics if you like at SN1 were miles away from the premier league bubble. So I now remind myself of the scene in Independance day when the drunk pilot who was abducted by aliens is flying his plane on a Kamikazi death mission. "Hello boys, remember me? I'm back!"

If things work out well for him and Sunderland he'll be off to someone bigger pretty pronto. If things fall flat as a witches tit then who knows. There are plenty of journeymen managers in our football leagues, somehow with his rep PDC may not end being one of them, he's to volatile and will undoubtably upset many people with higher profiles than anyone who he upset at Swindon or in the lower "lowly" leagues which could undo all of his genius potential.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 07:44:06 »

The ego has landed.
Clap Copyright that quick!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:00:02 »

I still don't get what he did here that was so amazing to give him PL management credentials.

- In the transfer market he was hit and miss at best, not much better than picking at random.
- Man management skills are non-existent.
- Results were good but only in line with expectations given playing budget.
- Still prone to the same outbursts he was as a player, hasn't matured at all.

Sure he's got passion and is good for a laugh, but other than that?

I feel sorry for Sunderland as I don't think they know what they're walking in to. They will come the end of the year when he quits, leaving them bottom of The Championship, citing a lack of support from the board who are solely responsible for the clubs downfall and not him for pissing away all the clubs money on shit players and being totally out of his depth.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:04:19 »

First they take our place in the Premiership, now this !
kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:08:33 »

Personally, I dont give a rat's arse where he's gone.

Nothing to do with us now.

More interested in the blossoming of KMac
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:09:55 »

Installing discipline to the squad and belief to everyone was the main thing. He took over when we were a shambles as a club, and got us into contention for league 1 promotion.

Its fair to say with the mistakes and bust ups it was a very expensive way to do things, unsustainable. But other than 3x Pox and the JPT final we pretty much had a perfect 18 months results wise.

Fluke waiting to get found out? Well, we are about to see. I liked whoever it was who described him as win at all costs regardless of who gets trampled. But such an approach requires buy in from board level and fans, something I have a few doubts over - though the fans will see the gravity of their situation and this may buy him time 'sorting out the mess and deadwood'.
kerry red

« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:14:08 »

So you think he's been brought in to get them promoted next season rather than keep them up this?

Sounds like a plan, I suppose
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: