Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio appointed Sunderland head coach  (Read 37616 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:15:43 »

Clap Copyright that quick!

I think Robbie Williams might have something to say about that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:55:47 »

Clap Copyright that quick!

I think Robbie Williams got there first by a few years.

EDIT: must read last page before posting reply.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 08:58:45 »

Has the potential to end in tears, like Roy Keane's appointment.

I think he'll do well in the Championship though.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:00:25 »

Not too sure if the American billionaire chairman really knows enough about football to be aware of what he has taken on.

Nice to have a Chairman with the money to splash around but did not help O'Neill too much but will suit PdC (and his agent) but is also one who can hire and fire at will (poor will!).

Obviously Sky will be loving this and expect to see Sunderland on the box at every opportunity now.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:06:57 »

All I will say is good luck to Paolo, he did a good job for us.....at a cost.....hope he keeps them up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:08:40 »

I don't think he will ever have a chairman who gives him such free reign as Wray did and therefore I don't think he'll last too long before becoming too frustrated at his hands being tied.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:11:47 »

I still don't get what he did here that was so amazing to give him PL management credentials.

- In the transfer market he was hit and miss at best, not much better than picking at random.
- Man management skills are non-existent.
- Results were good but only in line with expectations given playing budget.
- Still prone to the same outbursts he was as a player, hasn't matured at all.

Sure he's got passion and is good for a laugh, but other than that?

I feel sorry for Sunderland as I don't think they know what they're walking in to. They will come the end of the year when he quits, leaving them bottom of The Championship, citing a lack of support from the board who are solely responsible for the clubs downfall and not him for pissing away all the clubs money on shit players and being totally out of his depth.

Funnily enough I don't think I could agree with you less.

Good luck to him, hope he keeps them up.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:12:32 »

I dunno, I think he knew how to play his game here and he may have a different one for a bigger team.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:16:11 »

Its fair to say with the mistakes and bust ups it was a very expensive way to do things, unsustainable. But other than 3x Pox and the JPT final we pretty much had a perfect 18 months results wise.

Everyone who thinks we've had an incredible 18 months under PDC has just bought in to his spin. Winning League Two means very little given the ridiculously large budget we had compared to the rest of the league. As regards League One, Wilson achieved more on a lower budget and in a harder league.

Again, he was a laugh and gave the club a much needed shot of adrenalin but other than that I just don't see what there is to get excited about.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:31:09 »

5 live is hilarious today

They aren't happy

/
W56196272
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:33:00 »

5 live is hilarious today

They aren't happy

Any quotes of note?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:34:38 »

Everyone who thinks we've had an incredible 18 months under PDC has just bought in to his spin.

His spin being winning football matches?

He was the best thing to happen to this club since Hoddle and its a crying shame he isn't still here leading us towards the L1 title and Championship football.

Money doesn't equal success on its own and there are plenty of examples of this, it's a bullshit point. Wilson achieved a play off defeat and a relegation, Di Canio didn't stay long enough to better that but I personally think he would have.

Yes, he spent too much money here but unless he was signing the cheques himself then the blame goes all the way up the ladder to the top in my opinion.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:37:47 »

I still don't get what he did here that was so amazing to give him PL management credentials.

What I don't agree with is all of the media talk about Di Canio's success at Swindon being achieved within 'financial constraints'.

Cheesy

I take it they are referring to the couple of months of embargo he had to endure, whilst for a year or so previously he had been spending willy nilly with transfer fees, wages and releasing players from contracts only recently signed.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:40:58 »

Any quotes of note?

not really

lots of season ticket ripping up and one bloke thinks Sunderland will become the home of the EDL because of the appointment

/
W56196272
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 09:41:31 »

I take it they are referring to the couple of months of embargo he had to endure, whilst for a year or so previously he had been spending willy nilly with transfer fees, wages and releasing players from contracts only recently signed.

It's that or he really did want to sign Messi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: