Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio appointed Sunderland head coach  (Read 37617 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 18:13:53 »

KMac is on a 2 & 1/2 year contract I believe so that bit of their story is unsurprisingly wrong.

Damn right!

Elsewhere, Milan Misun's contract must be running out soon...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/9380261.stm
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 18:16:16 »

I wonder if he'll accuse Papa Cisse of being a Sunderland fan in the build up to next weeks NE derby.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:08:11 »

Cannot see this posted anywhere else...Ferry being interviewed :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2305127/Dont-fall-Paolo-Di-Canio-youll-end-Bomb-Squad-theres-way-there.html

BAZINGA !!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:13:02 »

That's actually quite an interesting article thanks, but its in the mail. I'm conflicted.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:18:36 »

Ferry and De Vita doing their very best to make sure they never work with PDC again Smiley
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:20:11 »

That's actually quite an interesting article thanks, but its in the mail. I'm conflicted.

Just read the article without reading which paper - when I saw at the end it was the Mail, I didn't know what to think.
If some of that is true, then maybe it's a good thing he's gone.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:24:36 »

De Vita has always got on with Paolo whenever I've spoken to him, a few others (you might guess who) not so much.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:24:45 »

Ferry and De Vita doing their very best to make sure they never work with PDC again Smiley

Funnily enough, in a question asked at the Sponsors Evening, the players were asked what bit of advice would you give the Sunderland players...and they didn't want to say a thing. Maybe they did the interview with the players around then, and they just didn't want to say anything to compromise it.

I think in that article that it's the first time in the national press, that they've picked up on the 'fees' Phil Spencer probably picked up.

BAZINGA !!

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:29:02 »

probably a load of bollocks, the only actual quotes from by Ferry are:

‘He is extremely demanding,’
‘If you’re not doing what he wants you to do then you won’t be around for much longer. At Swindon he didn’t have any problems going a bit crazy. It was his way of getting the best out of us.’
‘If you spoke up with Di Canio, you were pretty much out. He wouldn’t stand for it,
‘a tragedy … he’d go mental. It would be like the worst thing that ever happened. The one thing I’d say to Sunderland’s players is, “Get ready to work hard”.
‘I’ve known Cads since he was young and he was respected around here, but if you fell short of Di Canio’s standards, you were out.’

A couple of bits from De Vita:

‘He’s different from other managers who might have a go at you after a game and then calm down the day after. He would come back next day and be even angrier.’
‘Wes and Leon and a few of the boys who came in from abroad had disagreements with Di Canio after a couple of months and then they were out.’

All the rest is from "sources" which as we all know is Daily Mailish for "made up by the journo".

one thing that is interesting is this comment from Di Canio's lawyer: "Goldberg says the case can still be settled ‘amicably’".
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:29:36 »

Sources say Clarke was not even allowed back to the dressing room to shower and change after the altercation, and when team-mate Etienne Esajas took him his clothes, Esajas paid the price by being consigned to the ‘bomb squad’.

That's why he never played? I actually liked him in the brief glimpses I saw of him.

I know its The Mail sources, but that does actually sound feasible knowing Di Canio.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:33:26 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:32:20 »

That's why he never played? I actually liked him in the brief glimpses I saw of him.

well he made 4 appearances after Clarke left so that's clearly inaccurate

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:32:38 »

Shows the side of di canio many fans did their best to ignore as winning was everything.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:33:35 »

Shows the side of di canio many fans did their best to ignore as winning was everything.
it's nothing we didn't already know though, is it? The DM have filled in some gaps with a bit of creative writing to create further outrage and attributed it to anonymous sources.

Anyway, I'll let DV come along and remind us all that nothing matters other than winning.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:34:52 »

well he made 4 appearances after Clarke left so that's clearly inaccurate

True but the article mostly covers what we already knew though. [edit] As you say.

PDC and his ability to get rid of players.

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 19:37:16 »

it's nothing we didn't already know though, is it? The DM have filled in some gaps with a bit of creative writing t o create further outrage and attributed it to anonymous sources.

Anyway, I'll let DV come along and remind us all that nothing matters other than winning.
seems an accurate article to me
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: