Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst 10 Town players  (Read 14536 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 12:28:18 »

I have no idea what we say in him in order to sign him. "disaster waiting to happen" is a perfect description.

Lanzano is comfortably the worst keeper I have seen in my 35 odd years of watching the Town, the only one that came close was Alistair Sperring who on his debut (and only ever game for Swindon) let in 5 goals at home in the 80's to Bristhole Rovers, he couldn't catch, he couldn't throw, he couldn't kick and obiously wasn't a shot stopper either, and despite being 6 foot 5 was not good at coming out for crosses.

Wierdly he was at Southampton at the time who were them in the top flight, made one appearance for Saints also in the League Cup (Milk Cup) and in the process concussed Mark Wright coming out for a cross and subsiquently Saints got beaten by a team from 3 divisions lower than them also ending Sperrings career as a league footballer.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/fb_news.php?storyid=13118

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 13:02:50 »

Lanzano is comfortably the worst keeper I have seen in my 35 odd years of watching the Town, the only one that came close was Alistair Sperring who on his debut (and only ever game for Swindon) let in 5 goals at home in the 80's to Bristhole Rovers, he couldn't catch, he couldn't throw, he couldn't kick and obiously wasn't a shot stopper either, and despite being 6 foot 5 was not good at coming out for crosses.

Wierdly he was at Southampton at the time who were them in the top flight, made one appearance for Saints also in the League Cup (Milk Cup) and in the process concussed Mark Wright coming out for a cross and subsiquently Saints got beaten by a team from 3 divisions lower than them also ending Sperrings career as a league footballer.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/fb_news.php?storyid=13118
It didn't help having Simon Fat Cunt Gibson in front of him that game.
Topcat

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 13:20:07 »

what about Jake Findlay only here about 10 weeks, must have upset macari
kerry red

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 18:28:50 »

Rollings and Gilchrist, anyone?

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 18:46:38 »

Edwin Murray
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 18:50:15 »

Edwin Murray

Surely Carlisle away buys him a bit of a break.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
adje

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 19:18:48 »

Frank Talia was Player of the Year!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 19:21:33 »

Hewlett had no redeeming features as I recall.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 19:23:10 »

Edwin Murray

I used to play in the same team as him. His dad used to train us and get us to do stretches and the like. One hamstring stretch always use to make his bollocks hang down outside his shorts - quite amusing when you're 14
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 22:46:05 »

Rollings and Gilchrist, anyone?

Was Gilchrist that bad? From memory he was Danny Williams last signing (i could be wrong on that); so Bob Smith didn't play him a lot because of that. I thought his scoring record for the number of games played wasn't that bad (i could be wrong on that as well!)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 23:16:25 »

Was Gilchrist that bad? From memory he was Danny Williams last signing (i could be wrong on that); so Bob Smith didn't play him a lot because of that. I thought his scoring record for the number of games played wasn't that bad (i could be wrong on that as well!)
Gilchrist has no place on this list. He was Ok as a player, past his best and injuries were forcing the end of his career. He was also a top bloke and incredibly modest. Also used to go and watch the Town after he retired. 
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 23:22:25 »

Gilchrist has no place on this list. He was Ok as a player, past his best and injuries were forcing the end of his career. He was also a top bloke and incredibly modest. Also used to go and watch the Town after he retired. 
Agreed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: