Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst 10 Town players  (Read 14620 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 13:09:43 »

Darren Bullock always grated with me, as did Keith Scott - not sure about the latter although he could not trap a bag of cement.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 13:53:25 »

Prutton and Douglas ,maybe not the worst but definitely my  most dis-liked ,

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 14:28:49 »

Most mentioned, and I'd like to add Bobby Howe to my list...used to go round in circles and personally thought he was shite as well!

#VivaKenBarlow!
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 16:49:51 »

Alan Navarro's heading unerringly in this direction at the moment.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 17:07:11 »

Most mentioned, and I'd like to add Bobby Howe to my list...used to go round in circles and personally thought he was shite as well!

But he did play sexy football.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 17:20:57 »

Alan Navarro's heading unerringly in this direction at the moment.

He has a bloody long way to go though, unless you only been watching town for about 2 seasons
adje

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 18:29:09 »

Tommy Jenkins,Ray Bunkell,Shaun Close,Neil Ruddock,Alan Young,Brian Kilcline,Micky French,Jimmy Gabriel,Dave Mackay,Martin Williams

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 20:03:22 »

Micky French - I'd forgotten about him. Shaun Close, Darren Bullock, David Peach, Colin Barratt, Andy Rollings, Jake Findlay, Simon Gibson, Mark Seagraves, Mark Robinson, Jason Drysdale. Allegedly David Peach was a confirmed alky and Jason allegedly liked his herbs.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 21:10:39 »

He has a bloody long way to go though, unless you only been watching town for about 2 seasons

Same as with Prutton, it's one thing just being one of our worst players, it's another to also be one of the top paid. 

Then the lack of effort, ability and passion really start to gall.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 21:14:10 by BruceChatwin » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 21:55:45 »

Big club, big chumps Simon Gibson and Nicky Tanner
Biblical eunuchs Jimmy Gabriel and Gary Emmanuel
Goal shy midgets Tony Thorpe and Shaun Close
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 22:00:15 »

Micky French - I'd forgotten about him. Shaun Close, Darren Bullock, David Peach, Colin Barratt, Andy Rollings, Jake Findlay, Simon Gibson, Mark Seagraves, Mark Robinson, Jason Drysdale. Allegedly David Peach was a confirmed alky and Jason allegedly liked his herbs.

Bit harsh on Mark Robinson?  I had to look this up to confirm, but he made a staggering 271 appearances for the Club over 8 seasons (from 1994 to 2002).  Admittedly it was a pretty ropey 8 years for the club, but even still.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 22:01:16 »

Automatic reaction is to suggest Bobby Howe. But part of me thinks that he suffered from Kingisms and Bobby "not a defensive midfielder" Howe, actually suffered the same as David "not a fucking left back" Duke.

I saw ol' bobby howe put in a decent performance one match when he was allowed to roam forwards, which is what I'm basing this on. As in other threads, I may have imagined this.
kerry red

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 22:10:58 »

Tommy Jenkins,Ray Bunkell,Shaun Close,Neil Ruddock,Alan Young,Brian Kilcline,Micky French,Jimmy Gabriel,Dave Mackay,Martin Williams

Fuck me! There are some horrors there I'd forgotten about.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 22:13:10 »

Might have to put Dazza Bullock in the underrated category on the basis of his nominations here - a long way from it, surely even if there was something of being McMuck's choice

Loved how he once just walked towards a flinching tackler, no raised hand but with such an intimidating posture that he received a booking for nothing tangible!

Also witnessed him bludgeon numerous sixes in an off-season club cricket match on the basis of a good eye and a fair amount of strength even tho' no cricketer.

OK so not exactly an Ardiles type player but he put in some hard and effective shifts in a mediocre town team.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 22:53:37 »

David Duke?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: