Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kevin MacDonald  (Read 34144 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:13:39 »

I'm very happy that i've seen little or no abuse on my twitter homepage. Seems i've done well at not following Retards.

BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:15:18 »

It's worth checking the response from the Villa fans on Twitter, some very positive things being said about him:

Heart Of The Holte ‏@HeartOfTheHolte
@JoeMerriman5 He will do a great job, very respectable guy, and should have got the Villa job.

Good luck to Kev at Swindon, he did a fantastic job for the reserves , I wish him and Swindon the best of luck. #AVFC#STFC

Swindon fans YOU MUST give Kev a chance, he will do a great job for you, he will get you some good, young talent. #AVFC #STFC

Adam Cox ‏@abc123cox82
facts 4 #stfc no.1 his Nickname is Kmac, 2. He's a gr8 tactician, 3. Produced all our Academy players 4. He's a players manager 5. knowledge

Adam Cox ‏@abc123cox82
Congratulations to #stfc from a huge villa fan, Kmac is a great motivator, has great knowledge & will be an amazing appointment 4 u. #avfc

Adam Cox ‏@abc123cox82
@ryan_muskett #AVFC #STFC see you in the premiership soon, if you have young players also expect them to shine! Gr8 appointment 4 u, missed!

Great collection of quotes there SY. Feeling even better after seeing those. Well done Jed and co., keeping your heads while all around were losing theirs. Think it was the right decision to listen to the players and give them a chance to carry on where Di Canio left off short term, and when it didn't work out, right to make a quick appointment in response ahead of a big game this weekend.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:15:45 »

Interesting appointment.

Has a very good and experienced track record in football and is thought of highly. First time manager as well, so needs to make it work...

Much better than most of the out of work managerial merry go round useless managers that were linked.

I'm not convinced he's going to work the players as hard as our previous manager - which is, in my opinion what has got us this far rather than talent alone.

Still (hopefully) got his own staff to turn up to.

We'll see won't we....
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:16:07 »

He sounds like a disciplinarian with attention to detail and a superb work ethic. He is also humble and unassuming; sounds like exactly what we need.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:16:54 »

As said elsewhere, it looks a pretty good appointment given the recent hiatus and appears he is a good experienced players man from all the background info.. Happy with this given some of the names in the frame.

Clap

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:17:08 »

Please stop posting those SY, making me rather angry!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:18:07 »

A lot of negativity has been around regarding McCrory and his clan, but this appointment seems to have a large backing which is a huge positive.

Well I'll certainly need to take back a few of my earlier comments.  Unproven as a manager, but the signs are good.  I'll go with that!  Welcome Kevin.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:18:09 »

[url width=491 height=80]http://i.imgur.com/ag0mPW1.jpg[/url]
I hope Jed takes more notice of the TEF than he does of Twitter.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:18:46 »

E I E I E I O.....

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:19:13 »

Made i smile:

[url width=900 height=1200]http://i46.tinypic.com/2mzz3f5.jpg[/url]
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:19:39 »

Just realised that it's the same KM who played for Liverpool.  Didn't make the connection initially, looks a bit different without frizzzy hair and a moustache  Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:20:24 »

And unless I've missed one, our 4th (?) Scottish manager since I started watching in 1990?  We do like to appoint a Scotsman, don't we.

Edit: I wasn't counting Iffy, by the way.  Not sure if he was Scottish as well (or if he just lived there for a while).
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:20:59 »

Good sensible appointment, I like that he has brought through many young players at Villa, that can only be a plus. He's had plenty years of experience so I don't think he'll find it hard to adjust to management.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:22:37 »

Very exciting appointment for me - just what we need.  We have a good team, what we needed (especially on the evidence of last Tuesday night) was someone with the tactical nous to change things around, balance out weaknesses or deal with identified threats & make substitutions. His background suggests he will be able to do all of these.

I'm hoping that given his credentials developing so many of the Villa squad that once again the Swindon youth set-up will start to bring through first team players.  Looking forward to the trip to Coventry even more now - should be an absorbing encounter.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:23:30 »

I'm not convinced he's going to work the players as hard as our previous manager - which is, in my opinion what has got us this far rather than talent alone.
I'm not sure there are any candidates out there who would.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: