Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 57637 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:01:14 »

The opponent:  Tranmere Rovers

Well, I think I can now say that I know what a journo feels like when he comes up with what he/she believes to be a great story, only to see ones bonfire get well and truly pissed on by factors really beyond their control. So off we go again. I think I must have read a thousand opinions on the reasons for Di Canio’s departure, some of which I have agreed with and others that I find laughable, such as the real reason he left was because Arsenal are about to get rid of Wenger and Paolo got word he was in the running. Seriously, it was hard not to click on the reply button and let my already emotional thoughts (yep, I am a big girls blouse) become something of a tirade of abuse at this mis-guided individual. But thankfully I had the joy of offering counselling to my 7 year old boy instead. I feel for the little man, his first home game was Paolo’s 1st league game in charge, he has met him on 5 occasions, sat in his chair in the manager’s office, and this is on top of his playing hero, Matt Ritchie being sold to AFCB for a pittance. When I put him to bed earlier he said “its the worse day of his life”, my reply was something along the lines of “yes mate, I’m gutted too”, when really is what I wanted to say and should have said is “Welcome to the world of following Swindon Town Football Club”

I did have plenty of trivial stuff set up for this one, I’m off to the game myself and have been buzzing all weekend. It doesn’t feel the same now, silly really, as STFC will (hopefully) prosper long after Paolo has gone. Hope it won’t offend too many people but I really can’t be arsed with trivia, the facts are there as ever. But Birkenhead?  Its a shithole full of Tranmere Rovers fans (and quite a few Liverpool and Everton fans too I guess). All I care about now is come this time tomorrow I am on my way back from up north with 3 points in the bag and we have given TRFC a thoroughly good spanking and we once again can sing to those that will listen that we are Swindon and we are top of the league, even if we have no manager and no owners.

I love supporting Swindon Town, after my family there is nothing that I love more, but like any relationship, it can really fucking hurt when things go wrong.

What are they saying about us? –

“ Like I said.. deducted 10 points in weeks and be in administration. Couldn't happen to a nicer club!”

This is from Twitter, for those that fancy it his twitter address is @zzzoooman

Tranmere Last 6 –  WLWLLL (Tranmere are currently 5th in League 1 on 56 points)

The Threat – Experienced midfielder Andy Robinson has scored 10 goals so far this season, all of them being in league competition.

A Warm Welcome to – With no current links (that I could find) with STFC, a big shout must go out to midfielder Max Power who has made 18 appearances so far this season. I have had a dig even further and can’t find any link with Bill Power, NPower,  Austin Powers, or even I’ve Got the Power. We move on......

The irrelevant stats – Tranmere’s recent form has not been great, having lost the last 3 consecutive games. Some of us would have witnessed their rather poor performance against Shrewsbury on Friday night, and if the same Tranmere Rovers turn up then surely nothing less than a spanking will be on the cards. Rover’s home form has a 50% win ratio, 25% lost and 25% drawn, and if the league table was only based on home matches they would be exactly where they are in the current league table, 5th.

Head to Head – We have met on 63 occasions, having Won 26, Drawn 16, and lost on 21 occassions

The Odds – Selected Next Swindon Town Manager Odds –  Piccareta 5/2, Newell 4/1, Bodin 6/1, Hockaday 8/1, Adkins 8/1, Brown 12/1, Hughes 14/1, Hoddle 16/1

The Son Says – I love the way a kids mind works. When I asked him what the score will be he was quite convinced another 5-0 is on the cards, and he still is, so he is going with 5-0 to The Town. Such optimism (this prediction was made before tonight’s news)

The Prediction - Our away form is decent enough, they have lost the last 2 home games in succession and I think another defeat is on the cards. 2-0 Swindon with goals from Rooney and Ferry.  Di Canio to sit with the 540 Town fans in a crowd of 6’666

And Finally –   R.I.P Neville, undoubtedly will be missed by all those that knew him, and even those that didn’t. Says a lot for the guy really.

COYR COYR COYR
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:05:54 »

Good write up Shaw Rosso, had a chuckle at the Max Power part!

Not sure what to predict on this, but I seriously think the players will be bang up for this and I'm going to say 2-1 to us...goals could come from the mersey river for all I care, 3 points tomorrow, top of the league, no manager, no owners...it's been and going to be one hell of a ride between now and the end of the season!

Agree with you as well SR when you say 'I love supporting Swindon Town, after my family there is nothing that I love more, but like any relationship, it can really fucking hurt when things go wrong.'

C O Y R!!!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:08:08 »

TO be honest, lost enthusiasm for tomorrow.. Maybe it'll be back in the morning, or the next day, or the day after.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:12:30 »

TO be honest, lost enthusiasm for tomorrow.. Maybe it'll be back in the morning, or the next day, or the day after.

Know what you mean Batch. I felt more like I was writing to an agony aunt when I put that lot together  Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:13:55 »

Fuck it, we will thrash them 2-1.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:34:33 »

A win would be nice, think I'll go for 2-1 Williams and Collins.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:39:44 »

Well done, shaw rosso - that must have been tricky to write/post tonight.
I hope for a win, but fear our players may have lost their fight - chihuahuas not Rottweilers  No

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:49:15 »

Sorry,forgot to say well done SR, Glad to see your still holding the fort and producing good Match day threads and a bit of normality.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:53:52 »

Written in the stars we will be top tomorrow night. 2-0 win.
kerry red

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:03:03 »

It sure will be strange to be going back to having a 'normal' manager in charge.

Just hope it's not one of the rent-a-manager brigade (those of a Phil Brown ilk)

As for tonight, I can see nothing but a Town win and a serious ass-kicking for Twanmere
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:22:21 »

To be honest, and I'm surprised by this, I've awoken and a part of me is a relieved PdC has gone.

It's like that ill pet that's been labouring through life for too long, where it regularly feels great, but on occasion you're pained by not knowing when and if it will die and selfishly want it over with.

This is like that. The strain of not knowing is over. There's no more debate, the chips are down and we know where we stand.  Paolo showed his hand and revealed himself as a weaker man than many of us thought.

The shackles are off, and that dark cloud has gone. We'll batter them.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:25:43 »

Time to see what Piccarreta is made of.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:28:53 »

2-0 to Trannie. Nice write up SR as normal.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:29:35 »

I do know what you mean Barry - we don't have to worry about him going any more 'cos he's gone!

2-0 Williams, Collins
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:30:35 »

Time to see what Piccarreta is made of.

Disagree FH. I think now it's time to see what these players are made of, with the Great Dictator in charge. Really interesting to see how this pans out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: