Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 58947 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:30:46 »

To be honest, and I'm surprised by this, I've awoken and a part of me is a relieved PdC has gone.

It's like that ill pet that's been labouring through life for too long, where it regularly feels great, but on occasion you're pained by not knowing when and if it will die and selfishly want it over with.

This is like that. The strain of not knowing is over. There's no more debate, the chips are down and we know where we stand.  Paolo showed his hand and revealed himself as a weaker man than many of us thought.

The shackles are off, and that dark cloud has gone. We'll batter them.

Where as to me it feels like I've had this great fantastic pet and now their gone.

I could get another pet, I could even get another ten pets. They still wouldn't ever be the first pet.

If we win tonight I think I will get the same feeling I got after Darby scored his penalty in the play offs against Charlton 'yeah this is great but I hope this isn't as good as it gets' sadly I can't help but think it will be, we'll go top tonight then throw it all away...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:37:06 »

If we win tonight I think I will get the same feeling I got after Darby scored his penalty in the play offs against Charlton 'yeah this is great but I hope this isn't as good as it gets'

Bloody hell DV, that's one hell of a positive attitude you have there. ;-)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:40:21 »

Disagree FH. I think now it's time to see what these players are made of, with the Great Dictator in charge. Really interesting to see how this pans out.
No - It is extremely important that FP has the right attitude and can get the players fired up. Equally though, the players have to show what they are made of as you say. I've said before, the likes of McCormack and Ward have a massive part to play tonight and for the rest of the season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:51:19 »

I reckon FP was a more integral part to our success than a lot of people think.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 08:10:56 »

Chance for the players (and FP) to show what they're made of I suppose.

Obviously a lot of the squad have come to Swindon because of PdC, what better way to show their individual professional pride though than by going top of the league amidst this current clusterfuck off the pitch.

Sure those that are going will be in good voice, C.O.Y.R
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 08:13:53 »

I reckon FP was a more integral part to our success than a lot of people think.
Two words - cone gathering - the subject of countless 'humourous' comments on here over the years. But its importance should never be underestimated. I have it on good authority that FP has been hosting cone gathering camps on the shores of Lake Garda for years now and his techniques are light years ahead of our faithful old stalwarts such as Charlie Oatway, Paul Raynor and even....dare I say it....Mike Walsh Hmmm
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 08:15:38 »

Before last nights episode, I'd predicted 1-0 to Tranmere... I'm sticking with that.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 08:18:33 »

2-1 win

I come from a land down-under
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 08:21:33 »

To be honest, and I'm surprised by this, I've awoken and a part of me is a relieved PdC has gone.

It's like that ill pet that's been labouring through life for too long, where it regularly feels great, but on occasion you're pained by not knowing when and if it will die and selfishly want it over with.

This is like that. The strain of not knowing is over. There's no more debate, the chips are down and we know where we stand.  Paolo showed his hand and revealed himself as a weaker man than many of us thought.

The shackles are off, and that dark cloud has gone. We'll batter them.
This
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:01:33 »

Anybody ever hear FP speak?

Gut instinct says he is not the way forward
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:37:01 »

He is on Facebook and likes some cool bands.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:38:54 »

4.0 win for us.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:46:18 »

12-0 Swindon Victory. Williams scores six. Rooney two, Roberts Three, Collins one.

Fabrizio Picaretta takes over Scarf-holding duties in front of the away fans. We end up winning every last game, getting to the Championship, and then win the play-off final next season.

Picaretta ends up as Italy manager after three seasons in the Premiership with us.

I CAN DREAM!!!

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:56:43 »

Tranmere have loads of players out and are playing shit. Even a half-arsed performance should be enough to get something out of tonight.

I guess we'll find out what FP is made of this week. Hopefully the players don't pile on the pounds now PDC has gone!

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:14:45 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:12:45 »

I could not be less enthusiastic about a game ever TBH.

Yesterday in general spoilt it totally, the fraility of life and the Paolo debacle. Yes I will listen, yes I want us to win but don't really care if we don't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: