Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: best quotes of all time ..  (Read 19190 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 22:36:12 »

It's fucked! Some fucking fuckers been and fucking fucked it!

Loadsamoney circa 89

Clems Army!
fatbasher

« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 08:02:41 »

Best put-down ever -

Lady Nancy Astor to Winston Churchill:

"Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."

Churchill:

"Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

Bugger I was hoping to quote that one.

However, on a similar vein. My brother was in the Harvester one night early on in it's hay days in the 80's, he was worse for wear TBH but not leery or violent (just setting the scene). He asked politely for a pint, one of the barmaids, (now they for some reason and i don't know why did not see eye to eye) said to him "you're drunk" he replied "and you're ugly, in the morning i'll be sober but you'll still be ugly!" you could hear a pin drop for a few seconds. she huffed and walked off someone else served him.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 08:49:02 »

Try to be best, because you're only a man and a man's got to learn to take it. Try to believe, though the going gets rough, that you've got to hang tough to make it. History repeats itself; try and you'll succeed. Never doubt that you're the one and you can have your dreams. You're the best around, nothing's going to ever keep you down. You're the best around, nothing's going to ever keep you down. You're the best around, nothing's going to ever keep you dooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

- Joe Esposito
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 10:28:17 »

However, on a similar vein. My brother was in the Harvester one night early on in it's hay days in the 80's, he was worse for wear TBH but not leery or violent (just setting the scene). He asked politely for a pint, one of the barmaids, (now they for some reason and i don't know why did not see eye to eye) said to him "you're drunk" he replied "and you're ugly, in the morning i'll be sober but you'll still be ugly!" you could hear a pin drop for a few seconds. she huffed and walked off someone else served him.

Thanks for that. Still prefer Churchill's version.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 10:33:49 »

'There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots' Frank Spencer circa 1975

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 16:41:44 »

'There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots' Frank Spencer circa 1975
Another one of Frank's: 'A trouble shared is a trouble doubled'.

It's All Good..............
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 19:29:25 »

Reminds me of an old one my dad used to come out with: "A friend in need is a bloody nuisance".

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 19:39:09 »

Or from my old dad bless him when he saw one of my mates 'Only puffs and pirates wear ear rings and I can't see any ship in the drive'
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 19:55:48 »

"I would rather have a bottle in front of me .  than a frontal labotomy"
Anon
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 19:56:49 »

I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.  Tom Waites

You can tell how fucked up America is at the moment when the best golfer is black and the best rapper is white. Snoop Dog or some other rapper circa 2000

Heaven: the most exclusive club in the universe and the trickiest bastard on the door.  

Work, the curse of the Drinking Class.    The gay Irish Bloke

My favourite:

Don't be so fucking pedantic.
Stop being so fucking wrong then.....    My brother

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 20:25:58 »

Am I missing a whoosh here? As I hate to discredit your brother, or your story, however the '"you're drunk"... "and you're ugly, in the morning i'll be sober but you'll still be ugly!"' quote has been attributed to Sir Winston Churchill in an exchange with Bessie Braddock, a politician at the time.
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 20:32:51 »

Work is the curse if the drinking classes

-Oscar Wilde

I drink to make other people more interesting

-Ernest Hemingway
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 20:35:30 »

I wouldnt want to belong to a club that would accept me as a member. Groucho Marx
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 21:10:48 »

Reminds me of an old one my dad used to come out with: "A friend in need is a bloody nuisance".

A friend with weed is better

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 21:15:41 »

A friend with weed is better

A friend with breasts and all the rest,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: