Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise vs AFC Wimbledon  (Read 18200 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 14:32:46 »

Am I the only who doesn't care? Wimbledon need to relocate so they did to Milton Keynes. So what. A new club is started. It's all getting a bit tedious with all this plastic shit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 14:42:49 »

Am I the only who doesn't care? Wimbledon need to relocate so they did to Milton Keynes. So what. A new club is started. It's all getting a bit tedious with all this plastic shit.

No they didn't need to. AFC proved that.

Wankleman wanted a FL club at MK and didn't want to go through the leagues with Milton Keynes City. He wanted an instant FL club. If he didn't get Wimbledon, there were reports that they were going after Luton to get what they wanted.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 14:44:48 »

Weren't they kicked out of the ground share at palace though?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 14:51:22 »

Weren't they kicked out of the ground share at palace though?

No. They only moved out of SP when the temporary ground at the hockey stadium was available.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:20:09 »

Would you say the same if Swindon Town had been moved to another town?

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:21:50 »

The creation of Franchise FC was a property deal first and foremost.  The football was secondary.  It was wrong then and it's still wrong now.  Look the other way and pretend it doesn't matter if you want.  But luckily, there are enough folk out there who won't do that...which is the main reason that there hasn't subsequently been a Franchise Mk II since.  It could have been us.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:26:14 »

Would you say the same if Swindon Town had been moved to another town?

It's hard to say. All depends on the circumstances I suppose. It just gets tedious with the 'plastic' scenario. It's done now. Everyone needs to move on. I don't get the obsession.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:36:18 »

I don't get the obsession.

...is why you think that...

Everyone needs to move on.
Flashheart

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:36:19 »

Everyone needs to move on.

Why?
Coca Fola

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:39:45 »

I don't care.
Flashheart

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 15:48:55 »

For as long as they exist they are taking another club's rightful place in the league.

Winkleman could have adopted Milton Keynes FC and invested to bring them up through the leagues, there would have been no objection to that. Instead, he wanted to buy/franchise a place in the football league and was preying on clubs in trouble to buy a shortcut to league football.

They are an abomination and always will be.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 16:02:37 »

It's hard to say. All depends on the circumstances I suppose.

What circumstances would be acceptable then? There are none and that's why so many people give a fuck.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 16:15:53 »

Seems to me that most people think it was wrong but don't really give that much of a shit anymore.

A small minority are the vocal ones who are still severally pissed off and won't ever let it drop, will never go to Franchise's ground, etc

That isn't a criticism by the way

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 16:27:21 »

Franchise are a disgrace.I don't know how anyone could support them
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 16:51:44 »

Every football fan who thinks it doesn't matter should just imagine some prick buying their club & moving them 90 miles away.

I guess if you don't actually go and watch your team play, it probably doesn't matter as much. After all, Man Utd fans living in Asia probably don't care if Man U play home games in Manchester or Sheffield.

Remember how much opposition there was when it was suggested that Town could build a new ground just outside Chippenham near the M4, imagine if it had been another 60 miles down the M4 or worse still Milton Keynes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: