Pages: 1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650322 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7005 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 08:21:30 »

Comparison is after 27 games each unless I’m very much mistaken.

Yes, so they are on course for it currently they’d still have to concede 3 goals a game. Or more accurately 5 goals every 2 games.

From game 27 to 42 we concede an average of 2.6 per game.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7006 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:30:34 »

That disappoints me. I hoped we’d keep a Prem record.

We'll always be the first! 🥇

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7007 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:46:18 »

That disappoints me. I hoped we’d keep a Prem record.
Its ok at least this season we made a new FA cup record that will not be beaten in many years, if ever, as the heaviest home defeat to a non league team ever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7008 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:52:57 »

I wish someone could explain that game - I still can’t make sense of it. The weirdest thing I’ve ever witnessed - well, 60 minutes of it!
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #7009 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 10:08:27 »

Could be other thread depending on point of view but Reading have flogged their training ground to Wycombe for 22 million quid.

Another example of how far off STFC is but also how fucked Reading are.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7010 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 10:23:43 »

Jeez

Don't wish to see Reading go bust tbh
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7011 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 10:40:13 »

He’s asset stripping before he legs it.

How the fuck have Wycombe got £22m?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7012 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 11:05:44 »

He’s asset stripping before he legs it.

How the fuck have Wycombe got £22m?

Because they are well run and have an ownership that make sensible decisions.  They have no doubt made some decent money by rising up the leagues and some decent cup runs without going after the dream.  I have no doubt they probably have some backers that have deeper pockets than an aussie plumber.  Wycombe are in an ideal location, right on the edge of Landan and can fly under the radar whilst steadily doing their thing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7013 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 11:36:24 »

Because they are well run and have an ownership that make sensible decisions.  They have no doubt made some decent money by rising up the leagues and some decent cup runs without going after the dream.  I have no doubt they probably have some backers that have deeper pockets than an aussie plumber.  Wycombe are in an ideal location, right on the edge of Landan and can fly under the radar whilst steadily doing their thing.

I think Wycombes owners are courting some fella from Georgia to try and buy them. Wonder if this is the first step of him getting involved in the club?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7014 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 11:44:58 »

I think Wycombes owners are courting some fella from Georgia to try and buy them. Wonder if this is the first step of him getting involved in the club?

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.  If you think about their location they must be a prime candidate for a wealthy purchaser - they are not really too disimilar to a Fulham/Brentford/QPR, albeit not in London and with cheaper rent/taxes.  Must be a tempting club for anyone wishing to purchase one.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7015 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 11:54:17 »

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.  If you think about their location they must be a prime candidate for a wealthy purchaser - they are not really too disimilar to a Fulham/Brentford/QPR, albeit not in London and with cheaper rent/taxes.  Must be a tempting club for anyone wishing to purchase one.

Got undersoil heating too Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7016 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 12:02:15 »

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.  If you think about their location they must be a prime candidate for a wealthy purchaser - they are not really too disimilar to a Fulham/Brentford/QPR, albeit not in London and with cheaper rent/taxes.  Must be a tempting club for anyone wishing to purchase one.

Gotta think you get more buying Swindon though, but probably doesn't cost as much. Wycombe was who Bergkamp and co were after.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7017 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 12:22:03 »

Wycombe are a small club though  Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7018 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 13:10:08 »

Wycombe are a small club though  Hmmm
I would put them at a similar size to Boremuff before the Russian took them over and they started their fairytale rise.

Same size average crowds in L2 and L1, never went above the lower reaches of Div 3 and 4 barring the odd season, small fanbase, no major silverware in their history etc...

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #7019 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 13:31:41 »

Wycombe are a small club though  Hmmm
So are we tbh
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: