Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1649870 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6870 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:55:11 »

It has always been the same. No different to gaining a few yards on a throw in or how you used to move forward when the ref turned around

Pinching a few yards for a throw in doesn't really gain that much of an advantage does it?

The "Big Dog" has moved the ball to give himself more or less a clear shot at goal & was skilled enough to execute.
Yeah, ref, assistant & the Forest wall should have picked up on it.
Clever play or gamesmanship?

Would like to see the spray deployed for throw ins as well.
Maybe football should be a lot more exact when insisting that restarts from the line are taken from the correct position.
Other field sports do it after all.

Less for fans to moan about though & we can't be having that. Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6871 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 12:58:59 »

I agree with TBL, as a player you will try to gain an advantage when possible, it's up to the officials and opposing team to address it if it's overstepped the mark. Clever by Toney IMO, he saw an advantage to be gained and went for it, if nobody picked up on it then so be it.  However Toney wouldn't have been able to complain should the goal had been ruled out by VAR, but to call it cheating is over the top.  A keeper going down to get a delay in game is a similar thing, which Mahoney and Flynn utilised regularly.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6872 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 14:42:16 »

I agree with TBL, as a player you will try to gain an advantage when possible, it's up to the officials and opposing team to address it if it's overstepped the mark. Clever by Toney IMO, he saw an advantage to be gained and went for it, if nobody picked up on it then so be it.  However Toney wouldn't have been able to complain should the goal had been ruled out by VAR, but to call it cheating is over the top.  A keeper going down to get a delay in game is a similar thing, which Mahoney and Flynn utilised regularly.

Yeah but that's because Town have less hope than all the ''Hopes'' in the world. And Town are a bit wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6873 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 14:56:44 »

It has always been the same. No different to gaining a few yards on a throw in or how you used to move forward when the ref turned around
Not often throw ins turn into goals. I don't really think that's the same thing personally

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6874 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 14:57:39 »

I was surprised none of the Forest players tried to point it out to the referee. Also wouldn't it have been right in front of the linesman?
Isn't that what VAR is supposed to be for?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6875 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 15:03:21 »

Isn't that what VAR is supposed to be for?

Or VAR. The point is, there should be more than enough people watching that game to have noticed what Toney was doing and have put a stop to it, either before, or after the event.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6876 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 15:09:42 »

VAR can't intervene on restarts apparently.

Toney's explanation that he thought that the ball could be moved was laughable to the point of taking the piss.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #6877 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 17:55:50 »

Not often throw ins turn into goals. I don't really think that's the same thing personally
It'll be a never ending arguement. If we are to start being that pedantic over 1 or 2 feet we may as well use VAR to make sure the ref has marked the correct area too. I know it's not often but the game is full of scenarios like it and we need to stop wanting everything disallowed
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6878 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 17:16:06 »

Port Vale fan chased the ref of the pitch after giving Portsmouth a late penalty

Stay classy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6879 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 19:28:14 »

The ref took off for sure!

Imagine that’ll cost Vile a few quid.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6880 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 20:33:23 »

VAR can't intervene on restarts apparently.

Toney's explanation that he thought that the ball could be moved was laughable to the point of taking the piss.

Did he think he was also allowed to move the foam🤣

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6881 on: Sunday, January 28, 2024, 09:06:32 »

The ref took off for sure!

Imagine that’ll cost Vile a few quid.
Presume Vile social media team didn’t actually mean this

* IMG_0305.jpeg (220.29 KB, 1088x1088 - viewed 100 times.)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6882 on: Sunday, January 28, 2024, 09:49:39 »

Presume Vile social media team didn’t actually mean this

That last paragraph in bold reminded me of a mass encroachment there in the not too distant past.

Crap!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6883 on: Sunday, January 28, 2024, 12:37:20 »

Joey Barton does have a point re female presenters.

‘West Brom v Wolves tomorrow - The Black Derby County’
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6884 on: Sunday, January 28, 2024, 12:50:29 »

Reminds me of a time about 15 years ago in Swindon Sunday League and we had a cup game against Swindon West Indies - who as the name suggests were team from Swindon with West Indian heritage…

Went to text message went round asking for availability the text read that we were playing West Swindon Indians - which would make them a team of Indians specifically from West Swindon.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: