Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650365 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6765 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 11:02:30 »

Never quite got why Ronaldo was getting booed on camera at the boxing few weeks back, fans of the other side I guess?
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #6766 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 11:52:20 »

Complete gibberish, the blokes an imbecile of gigantic proportions.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/1733427897937940956?t=ahmYD_JYCz2j5eIeOqQ1Ww&s=19

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6767 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 15:17:39 »

Never quite got why Ronaldo was getting booed on camera at the boxing few weeks back, fans of the other side I guess?

Are you sure it wasnt siuuuuuuu 🤷‍♂️ often sounds like a boo!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6768 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 17:37:03 »

Are you sure it wasnt siuuuuuuu 🤷‍♂️ often sounds like a boo!

Pretty sure. He didn't look impressed.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6769 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:36:42 »

Manchester United 0 - 3 AFC Bournemouth

Ok, so who remembers chipping in when the buckets were out?

No way of predicting how things would pan out for us & them over the following 25 years or so, particulalry in the days before the advent of mega rich owners.

Even when we did have a wealthy owner the foundations were built on sand.

Anyway, there is always this.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6770 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 15:04:53 »

I absolutely do remember chucking into their bucket at the CG. Resented it over the past few years!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6771 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 15:41:32 »

And Brighton. Nobody really gives a fuck when we're in the shit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6772 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:01:03 »

I absolutely do remember chucking into their bucket at the CG. Resented it over the past few years!

This is a glass half full/half empty thing - you can resent Bournemouth's success (not unreasonably), or you can laugh at Man Utd 3-0 losing to a team we took four points off when we were last in the same division ten years ago!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6773 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 15:01:57 »

Good response by Everton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67682536

(Posted in here purely because it was a discussion point previously)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6774 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 01:17:53 »

Oops  Smiley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67688071
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6775 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 09:06:16 »

Given how behaviour in society in general appears to be going backwards, I guess it was only a matter of time before a top class referee was attacked. Not surprising it was in Turkey in all honesty.

Personally, (and I will be in the minority i'm sure) I find the blaming of referees all too easy in the modern game. We've seen attacks in Sunday league games and it was only a matter of time before it boiled over. It wouldn't surprise me if referees went on strike before long. Criticism of course comes part and parcel as they are always going to make mistakes, but there also needs to be proper respect shown to them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #6776 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 09:25:05 »

Given how behaviour in society in general appears to be going backwards, I guess it was only a matter of time before a top class referee was attacked. Not surprising it was in Turkey in all honesty.

Personally, (and I will be in the minority i'm sure) I find the blaming of referees all too easy in the modern game. We've seen attacks in Sunday league games and it was only a matter of time before it boiled over. It wouldn't surprise me if referees went on strike before long. Criticism of course comes part and parcel as they are always going to make mistakes, but there also needs to be proper respect shown to them.

I'd fully support a ref strike. I think the way they are treated in the upper echelons of the game is disgusting. If football players berated themselves or each other each time they made a mistake in a game of football there would be no football, but its ok to abuse a referee when they make a mistake? Its something that has to stop.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6777 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 09:26:34 »

I'd fully support a ref strike. I think the way they are treated in the upper echelons of the game is disgusting. If football players berated themselves or each other each time they made a mistake in a game of football there would be no football, but its ok to abuse a referee when they make a mistake? Its something that has to stop.

Well said Qunk, I am in full agreement.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6778 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 09:34:37 »

Haaland missed an open goal last week against I think it was Spurs, but then went crazy at the referee for not allowing an advantage when Grealish was in on goal.

No one has mentioned Haalands miss, just the ref’s decision - which is actually his prerogative if he wants to allow the advantage.

The way players and managers treat them is a disgrace.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6779 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 09:42:01 »

I hate to be "that guy", but it happens far less in rugby culturally and through the rules.

There will always be some degree of dissent of course. You lay down the law, and start dishing out reds and retrospective citing bans for referees and it stops from players. You have to do it consistently and permanently (rather than the normal 6 weeks).

The framework doesn't help, referees rarely give any kind of feedback on decisions and why they are given.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: