Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1649980 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6735 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:59:42 »

FGR have to replay their 1st round tie v Scarborough due playing a loan player without having obtained the parent club’s permission.

Barnsley were kicked out for fielding an ineligible player.

I thought that was odd. Seemingly whilst both infringements broke the rules, they were 2 'different' rules broken, hence the different punishment.

For me if an ineligible player plays or is named in the squad then the punishment should be consistent, regardless whether its an 'innocent' admin error or something done deliberately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6736 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:01:34 »

I wasn’t really comparing the 2, just stating why each club was treated differently
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6737 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:19:16 »

The FA are carrying the can I think for not confirming, hence the reprieve.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6738 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:21:01 »

I wasn’t really comparing the 2, just stating why each club was treated differently

Yeah, I understood. Technically both players were ineligible though, and so whilst there were differences in both cases essentially neither of the players should have been involved, and for me the punishment should have been consistent.

However thems the rules I guess.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6739 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:42:09 »

For me if an ineligible player plays or is named in the squad then the punishment should be consistent, regardless whether its an 'innocent' admin error or something done deliberately.

But that's not what the rules say!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6740 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:57:00 »

But that's not what the rules say!

Tomayto, tomato 😀

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6741 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:44:09 »

Barnsely player was ineliigble full stop

FGR player was eligible to play, but didnt have parent club permission. Thats the difference

Not strictly correct, from Dale Vince...

When investigations take place and rulings get announced in football, fans are often left confused as to what actually went on - making them wonder what the hell is happening at their club.

Our recent charge came about after we failed to tell the FA that we had permission from the player's home club to be part of our FA Cup squad.  They recognised we had approval for the player - but that we had not told them, which was our mistake.  In the grand scheme of things this was an admin error, so we appreciate the FA's acceptance of what happened and their judgement.

The FA ruled that @safc will keep all the money from the gate for this replay, as is right - and we don’t get travel or accommodation expenses (which are normal). Hopefully this means something good can come from this.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6742 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:47:19 »

If that's *it* the only surprise is that it doesn't happen more often. Shocked to hear every other football club is on top of that admin (not least er... ours)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6743 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 15:01:52 »

The rules are clear:
A player on a domestic temporary (loan) transfer (including a player on loan either to
or from a Welsh Club that competes in the Competition in the current season) is
ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is
given by the lending Club in writing (which, for the avoidance of doubt, can include
appropriate wording and/or the completion of tick boxes in any loan form) and a copy
is received by The Association by the Registration Deadline for that round. Any
permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge
Cup Competition. A player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may
play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is
registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by the
Registration Deadline for that round.

And the punishment is clear, though a little subjective on "could not reasonably have known", but common sense prevails:

However, where the club satisfies the Professional Game Board that the club (or any of its
officers) did not know and could not reasonably have known, even had it made every
reasonable enquiry (with the exercise of the utmost caution), that the player was ineligible,
the club shall not be removed from the Competition but may still be subject to any other
penalty. (e.g. fine, ordered to replay the match)
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6744 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 15:19:14 »

Every day is a school day.

Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #6745 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 18:56:47 »

The FA Cup third round TV picks are dreadful this year

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6746 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 19:44:53 »

Aah,the "magic of the FA Cup"! I'm surprised they managed to slip a couple of championship teams in there! What's that the 100th successive Manchester United tie to be televised?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6747 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 19:48:20 »

The problem is that the BBC & ITV don’t get to show live PL games, so when they get live football they always pick the games of the big (fan base) teams
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #6748 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 22:09:08 »

The problem is that the BBC & ITV don’t get to show live PL games, so when they get live football they always pick the games of the big (fan base) teams

Yeah fully understand that, should be on the FA to ensure that games get shown across the divisions when they offer the deals out. Unfortunately it's just dull watching the same teams getting selected season after season

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6749 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 09:50:36 »

Palace/Everton & Spurs/Burnley are very dull choices but the other 4 games are fair enough.

In all fairness there aren't any other League 1/2 teams at home to PL teams as far as i can see, those sort of games would have been picked.  The non league teams all have shit draws (Watford v Chesterfield on the box? no thanks, not for me)

It was a pretty crap 3rd round draw in general

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: